2013 Europe Program Announced

TerryAndDoug

ACC has just sent an email and posted on Facebook to announce 2013 Europe program for US. It mentions that prices will go up on Nov. 1. It also announces

ChoiceAir credits of up to $2000 per couple. There is a chart that shows CA Special of "$500-$1000" and indicates it is available for all but 2 sailings. Does anyone understand what determines if it is $500 or $1000? When I look at terms and conditions it seems that $1000 per person is the only possibility, and it applies to all categories except Interior. I'm not sure why this needs to be so confusing.

Doug

I would have used the word "threatens" or "warns" rather than mentioned with regard to the price increase. Every time I have ever looked or inquired about the Choice Air Promotion, I was always told that the higher number was for suite bookings.

Just my experience.

ACC has just sent an email and posted on Facebook to announce 2013 Europe program for US. It mentions that prices will go up on Nov. 1. It also announces

ChoiceAir credits of up to $2000 per couple. There is a chart that shows CA Special of "$500-$1000" and indicates it is available for all but 2 sailings. Does anyone understand what determines if it is $500 or $1000? When I look at terms and conditions it seems that $1000 per person is the only possibility, and it applies to all categories except Interior. I'm not sure why this needs to be so confusing.

Doug

Hi Doug,

I agree with Ed. While Im not entirely certain on this promotion, usually the lower amount is for Non-Suites, and the Higher amount is for Suites.

I called Azamara and confirmed that the terms and conditions on the website are correct. The offer is for $1,000 per person ChoiceAir credit for Oceanview and higher. It sounds like this could be a good time to use my open passage. I've copied the wording from the website below.

ChoiceAir Credit: ChoiceAir Credit (CAC) offers $1,000 per person ChoiceAir credit for Club Oceanview and higher categories for voyages listed. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings made between October 1 and December 31, 2012, is per person, in USD, not redeemable for cash, and is based on round-trip flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways. The offer does not apply to Club Interior staterooms and are not applicable with discounted rates, including, but not limited to: Interline, travel industry rates and net rates. Use booking code CHS for voyage reservation. Air has to be booked through ChoiceAir. Air credit will be applied against cruise fare after ChoiceAir flights are added to the booking. CAC is not available for 3rd and 4th guest in a stateroom. Certain gateways may not be available on all voyages. Full details for ChoiceAir is available at AzamaraClubCruises.com/ChoiceAir.

I called Azamara and confirmed that the terms and conditions on the website are correct. The offer is for $1,000 per person ChoiceAir credit for Oceanview and higher. It sounds like this could be a good time to use my open passage. I've copied the wording from the website below.

ChoiceAir Credit: ChoiceAir Credit (CAC) offers $1,000 per person ChoiceAir credit for Club Oceanview and higher categories for voyages listed. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings made between October 1 and December 31, 2012, is per person, in USD, not redeemable for cash, and is based on round-trip flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways. The offer does not apply to Club Interior staterooms and are not applicable with discounted rates, including, but not limited to: Interline, travel industry rates and net rates. Use booking code CHS for voyage reservation. Air has to be booked through ChoiceAir. Air credit will be applied against cruise fare after ChoiceAir flights are added to the booking. CAC is not available for 3rd and 4th guest in a stateroom. Certain gateways may not be available on all voyages. Full details for ChoiceAir is available at AzamaraClubCruises.com/ChoiceAir.

Which itineraries have the $1,000.00 off per person Choice Air promo?

It is so unusual for me to be confused by the ACC website, but....:)

In the write up for the ChoiceAir special for 2013 the text states "up to" $1000 off and in the list of itineraries the deduction is described as $500 to $1000 off.

This would be typical of the previous policy where the deduction was on a sliding scale and the $1000 was only available on the reservation of suites.

As has been ably pointed out, and confirmed by a poster's phone call, the "terms and conditions" removes the "up to" phrase and the $1000 apparently covers verandah reservations as well.

It appears to be a bit of a contradiction with the main page write up. Or, impossible to believe, is it just my wonky reading?

Regardless, I hope cruisers find this offer advantageous.

Once again, I am completely disgusted with Azamara's shoreside services. My travel agent called to book my cruise this morning, using the $1,000 per person Choice Air credit for Oceanview and above. Now they say that their website is incorrect and should have said $500. They spoke to a supervisor and still won't honor the terms and conditions of the offer. Once again, I will have to get management involved to do what was promised. At this point, I really wish I hadn't purchased an Open Passage. No matter how good the onboard experience is, it's not worth the issues encountered shoreside.

Doug

Once again, I am completely disgusted with Azamara's shoreside services. My travel agent called to book my cruise this morning, using the $1,000 per person Choice Air credit for Oceanview and above. Now they say that their website is incorrect and should have said $500. They spoke to a supervisor and still won't honor the terms and conditions of the offer. Once again, I will have to get management involved to do what was promised. At this point, I really wish I hadn't purchased an Open Passage. No matter how good the onboard experience is, it's not worth the issues encountered shoreside.

Doug

What itinerary are you trying to book. I agree that the website is totally confusing, but it looks like the $1,000.00 off per person is for the winter Asia cruises and 10 dates are listed. Are you trying to book one of these?

Book an Asia voyage between August 1st and October 31st, 2012 and receive a ChoiceAir Credit of up to $2000 per couple.

- plus -

• Up to 50% savings off brochure rates
  • Gratuities included for housekeeping, dining and bar staff
  • Inclusive onboard amenities such as bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees & teas; boutique wines with lunch & dinner; English Butler service for suite guests; self-service laundry; shuttle service to & from port communities; Onboard Concierge service

asia-choiceair-discover-asia.png

asia-choiceair-hong-kong-china.jpg

15-Night Athens to Mumbai

Departing November 14, 2012

Athens has a rich history intended to be unearthed by all who visit. With longer stays and more overnights, you’ll be sure to do just that.

View Itinerary

14-Night Vietnam & Thailand, Christmas & New Year

Departing December 23, 2012

Relax in style on this holiday voyage that includes four days at sea and five overnights at fascinating Asia destinations.

View Itinerary

asia-choiceair-singapore.jpg

13-Night Temples, Dragons & Beaches

Departing January 13, 2013

Discover some of the world's best, including the world's busiest port (Singapore) and the world's largest fountain (Sunte).

View Itinerary

8-Night Discovering Vietnam

Departing January 26, 2013

Launch the New Year with a voyage that explores some of Asia’s best destinations. Beginning in Singapore and ending in Hong Kong.

View Itinerary

asia-choiceair-victoria-peak-hong-kong.jpg

17-Night Southeast Asia in Depth, Chinese New Year

Departing February 3, 2013

A handful of amazing UNESCO World Heritage Sites and seven overnights in great after-dark cities like Hong Kong and Bangkok.

View Itinerary

14-Night Discovering Vietnam & Thailand

Departing February 20, 2013

This voyage includes four overnight stays and five days at sea for the ideal balance of relaxing and day-and-night on land exploring.

View Itinerary

asia-choiceair-great-wall-of-china.jpg

14-Night Victoria Harbour to Beijing

Departing March 6, 2013

Don’t miss this opportunity to sail Japan’s inland sea. Includes the temples and shrines of Kyoto and a day in bustling Seoul.

View Itinerary

14-Night Bejing to Victoria Harbour

Departing March 20, 2013

Experience the rich cultures of Asia. Arrive early in Beijing for an optional Cruisetour including the Great Wall & Forbidden City.

View Itinerary

asia-choiceair-floating-market-thailand.jpg

14-Night Discovering Vietnam and Thailand

Departing April 3, 2013

Take advantage of unique shore excursions that can take you to floating canal markets, traditional farms and underground tunnels.

View Itinerary

14-Night The Highway from India

Departing May 1, 2013

Join us as we sail the Suez Canal, the great passageway linking Europe and Asia and considered the highway from India.

View Itinerary

Terms & Conditions -

Azamara Club Cruises reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement on all guests if the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $67 per barrel. The fuel supplement for first and second guests would be no more than $17 per guest per day, for a maximum of $202 per cruise.

Our Pricing and Savings Policy: All rates are per person, based on double occupancy, cruise only, in U.S. dollars, subject to availability, and apply to U.S. and Canada residents only. Rates may vary by ship, departure date, and stateroom category. All rates, savings offers and itineraries are subject to change without notice. Savings offers may be withdrawn at any time. Government taxes & fees are additional.

Up to 50% savings is based on full brochure fares available on AzamaraClubCruises.com. Savings vary by sailing and stateroom category. Full brochure fares may not have resulted in actual sales. All booking tools, including Azamara ClubCruises.com and booking confirmation already reflect the 50% savings off brochure fares.

Included gratuities are for housekeeping, dining and bar staff only, available on all Azamara Club Cruises voyages.

ChoiceAir Credit: ChoiceAir Credit (CAC) offers $1,000 per person ChoiceAir credit for Club Oceanview and higher categories for voyages listed. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings made between August 1 and October 31, 2012, is per person, in USD, not redeemable for cash, and is based on round-trip flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways. The offer does not apply to Club Interior staterooms and are not applicable with discounted rates, including, but not limited to: Interline, travel industry rates and net rates. Use booking code CHS for voyage reservation. Air has to be booked through ChoiceAir. Air credit will be applied against cruise fare after ChoiceAir flights are added to the booking. CAC is not available for 3rd and 4th guest in a stateroom. Certain gateways may not be available on all voyages. Full details for ChoiceAir is available at AzamaraClubCruises.com/ChoiceAir.

© 2012 Azamara Club Cruises. Ships’ Registry: Malta.

Doug

Appreciate your frustration.

It was apparent that there was a discrepancy between the main body of the "2013 Europe Programme" and the "Terms and Conditions" link at the bottom of that page. Based on previous ACC policy, and the unlikelihood of a $1000. cross the board credit, it was certainly an interesting disagreement and it has now been corrected on the website.

It will be interesting how the powers-that-be resolve the initial misstatement. Hopefully in a satisfactory manner.

Having my own issues with the web page, I approach it with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Doug

I received an email from corporate late this afternoon saying that since I was misquoted the offer on the phone and that information on website was incorrect, they will honor the offer. It will involve some manual intervention once the Choice Air flights are booked, so hopefully all will go well. I'm glad Azamara has agreed to honor what I was told.

Doug

Wow! I was excited when I checked Azamara website YESTERDAY to see that they were offering $1000 PER PERSON Choice Air credit for Europe 2013 sailings. I was ready to book, but today it is changed to $500 per person for most cabins, as in the past, except for high end suites.

I wonder how long it would have taken Azamara shore side to catch this without Cruise Critic eagle eyes, and also how many people booked with that promise of the higher offering. hmm... That was a BIG mistake on Azamara's part

Great job -- aggravation but in the end you got what was quoted.

The web site is often wrong, but it doesn't always end up getting anybody anything. Mostly it just makes them look silly. And I think that's true for all the RCI brands.

Doug

Hello Doug and other readers -

I'm so disappointed that your level of frustration has "peaked" with this misunderstanding that the $500 and $1,000 per person ChoiceAir credit would be a function of the type of accommodations with the $1,000 per person savings offered with only the Club Oceanview and Club World Owner suites.

I am passing on your post to our customer service team for their review and consideration and I will advise them you and/or your travel agent will be contacting reservations management for resolution.

Here are the corrected ChoiceAir Terms & Conditions:

2013 ChoiceAir Credit: ChoiceAir Credit (CAC) offers $500 per person ChoiceAir credit for Club Oceanview & Club Veranda staterooms & Club Continent suites, and $1,000 per person ChoiceAir credit for Club Ocean & Club World Owner suites on most 2013 Europe sailings. The offer is per person, in USD, not redeemable for cash, and is based on round-trip flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways. Use booking code CHS for voyage reservation. Air has to be booked through ChoiceAir. Air credit will be applied against cruise fare after ChoiceAir flights are added to the booking. CAC is not available for 3rd and 4th guest in a stateroom. Certain gateways may not be available on all voyages. Full details for ChoiceAir is available at AzamaraClubCruises.com/ChoiceAir.

I want to point out to you and others, that the original Terms & Conditions posted yesterday, included the caveat that this "Offer is applicable to new individual bookings made between August 1 and October 31, 2012." You'll notice that this has been removed in light of the fact that it contradicted the information that I had posted on the original thread, titled "Adding New Offers to Existing Reservations (Post #442)." http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1715346&page=23

If you're already reserved on a voyage that is included in a subsequent promotion, you will be eligible to add (or combine) the new offer at the prevailing rate that is in effect at the time the promotion is introduced into the marketplace. Note that the new promotions are not automatically applied retroactively. If you or your travel agent discover a new Azamara promotion and your booking meets the requirements, then you should contact our call center to have your booking adjusted.

Actually there are two types of pricing promotions that are introduced into the marketplace from time-to-time to stimulate new business – most of our general programs will be honored for previous bookings. For example we're offering up to a $2,000 ChoiceAir credit on selected 2012 European voyages which if we were to introduce later in 2013 would be honored.

Please note, that there is one other type of promotion that is used called a three-day tactical "Sale." This offer is restricted to only “new bookings” and is usually launched much closer to the sailing dates of specific voyages that have been identified as trending below their revenue target and are available at the "offer" rate for a limited time.

Again, I'm sorry for your frustration and admire your loyalty to our onboard experience, which I truly believe will reach new levels going forward and will be enhanced by the crew who will be energized by the improvements that will have been added to their area during our forthcoming dry docks.

Thank you for your patience as your issue is reviewed.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

I received an email from corporate late this afternoon saying that since I was misquoted the offer on the phone and that information on website was incorrect, they will honor the offer. It will involve some manual intervention once the Choice Air flights are booked, so hopefully all will go well. I'm glad Azamara has agreed to honor what I was told.

Doug

Hello Doug -

Great news! With the time difference in California and that fact that I was not at my desk, I'm pleased that this problem was solved at the "local" level.

I hope that decision moves your confidence level into a more positive zone!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Doug

Good for you, but I tried to get the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air promo credit added early yesterday quoting the website and adding the link, but my agent could only get the $500.00 per person Choice Air discount/promo added, not $1,000.00 per person. Note that this was an existing booking and they did not reprice us at the prevailing/new rate, BUT, our rate had only gone up $200.00 per person (not the $700.00 or $1,000.00 per person on other sailings). I believe they did this because they knew they made a website error. However, if they are doing this for one person they should honor it for others who contacted Azamara yesterday as well and give us the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit even if it means re-pricing our cruise fare at +$200.00 per person (or making our Choice Air credit $800.00 per person). It is still a $300.00 per person difference on our cruise.

Doug

Congratulations on the satisfactory resolution of this issue. A great reward for your persistance and I'm sure you are pleased.

Kudos also to ACC for "stepping up to the plate" on this one.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Hello Doug -

Great news! With the time difference in California and that fact that I was not at my desk, I'm pleased that this problem was solved at the "local" level.

I hope that decision moves your confidence level into a more positive zone!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill, this is great news and we are happy for TerryandDoug. But, we also had confirmed the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air Credit by phone, and were told to have our agent call to have the credit added. We provided a copy of the AZ terms and conditions, called while it was on the website, and provided the link.

Our agent called, and Azamara said it was suppose to be $500.00 per person and that is what was added to our booking. They called a second time, and Jason said they will not honor the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit as they are not going to go back to every booking and adjust them for their error.

Azamara should be happy that there are those of us on CC who were reading and pointing out the terms and conditions before they became a larger problem for the cruise line.

Why are we being treated differently than other clients?

Jade, it's my belief that neither those who answer the call center phones nor their supervisors are empowered to make any decisions. This is the opposite mentality of that found onboard. I've found it helpful to get decisions by contacting others within AZA.

Doug

Jade, it's my belief that neither those who answer the call center phones nor their supervisors are empowered to make any decisions. This is the opposite mentality of that found onboard. I've found it helpful to get decisions by contacting others within AZA.

Doug

Do you remember who you spoke to? I believe the agents go through another department.

Do you remember who you spoke to? I believe the agents go through another department.
When I have a poor experience with a company and can't get resolution through the normal channels, I send an email to someone in upper management who I think would be concerned about having an unsatisfied customer. I explain the situation and let them know how I would like it resolved. If the company cares, the email will be routed to someone who is able to resolve the situation. My recent booking issue was quickly resolved in this manner. Email addresses are easy to find by searching online.

Sadly, I've had to do this for situations with bookings for my AZA cruise this past Summer as well as the one I just booked. I've never had to do this with any other cruise line. Hopefully one day the pre-cruise experience with AZA will improve.

Doug

Bill, this is great news and we are happy for TerryandDoug. But, we also had confirmed the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air Credit by phone, and were told to have our agent call to have the credit added. We provided a copy of the AZ terms and conditions, called while it was on the website, and provided the link.

Our agent called, and Azamara said it was suppose to be $500.00 per person and that is what was added to our booking. They called a second time, and Jason said they will not honor the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit as they are not going to go back to every booking and adjust them for their error.

Azamara should be happy that there are those of us on CC who were reading and pointing out the terms and conditions before they became a larger problem for the cruise line.

Why are we being treated differently than other clients?

Hello Jade13 -

I'm passing on your post to our reservations management for their review of your reservation history and will advise them that your travel agent will be contacting them on Monday. Unfortunately, I'm unable to speculate on the decision criteria that played in protecting TerryandDoug with the $1,000 level that was incorrectly placed on the website.

I'm sorry about this misunderstand and ask for your patience while your booking history has been reviewed by reservation management and shared with your travel agent.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Archived