I vote for Simeon as the next Cruise Director of the Oasis

How awesome would that be - not to mention replacing Amy (the worst CD I've ever experienced). I just sailed 9/29 on the Oasis and my wife and I could not stand Amy one bit (she's Amy and we're awesome - ugh), but I digress. I never knew who Simeon was until seeing him in Comedy Live and then seeing him around the ship and at other activities. He has to be one of the most personal and humorous people I have ever seen. I think Simeon would bring a whole new spin as a CD and would do an awesome job at it as well.

Vote Simeon!

we followed him from Mariner to Oasis. We actually checked to see if he was on Allure or Oasis and picked Oasis because we loved him so much when we had seen him on Mariner a few years ago. Crazy but true. We live, love, love Simeon.

My husband and I were on the 9/22 sailing of the Oasis and therefore had the opportunity to experience Amy and Simeon. While we really didn't think Amy did a poor job we both really enjoyed Simeon. He's got my vote for CD on any RCI ship!

My husband and I were on the 9/22 sailing of the Oasis and therefore had the opportunity to experience Amy and Simeon. While we really didn't think Amy did a poor job we both really enjoyed Simeon. He's got my vote for CD on any RCI ship!

He has the right spirit to be a cruise director, and his humor matched mine perfectly. It might not work with everyone, as it was blue in the comedy club and the "who's line is it" show, but those are venues where you should expect it. I am sure as a director he could have it down to a T.

Now just picture the mental image of him in the police costume for the 70s dance party:eek: if he got the Oasis or Allure.

I actually think that the job of CD is very different from Activities Manager or Bingo Host or Comedian. Just because someone might be good or even great in one of those positions, does not mean they will be good as a CD. That is how we have ended up with some CDs that really are not up for the job. Some existing CDs are simply younger versions of whoever has trained them, It is/should be a highly respected role occupied by someone with good organisational skills, as well as a good stage presence and a balanced sense of humour. What is funny to one person will not be to another, it is a very hard job to do and impossible to please everyone.

If someone thinks a CD is good, then that is their respected opinion, just because the same CD does not "tick boxes" for another person, that does not mean they are bad, just less appreciated.

Although these threads have shown that some are much less appreciated than others :D

Simeon is fantastic. We saw him on both Mariner and Oasis. He sat with the DW and I in the Jazz Lounge on Oasis for like 15 minutes chatting about a lot of things. He does a great job hosting the comedy club and running the Improv show.

That said, I am not sure he really wants to be a CD. He does not seem to have the typical CD personality. But maybe something atypical would be an improvement!

Archived