If you Cruise for your regualar vacation, do you cruise for your anniversary?

IGottaP

As you can tell from my signature we are experienced cruisers. This past March we celebrated our 50th. anniversary with a three room suite on the Spirit sailing for 9 days down the Mexican Riviera a destination we had saved for this particular anniversary.We had an absolute blast!!! We normally sail when the destination, the price, and the time is RIGHT so anniversary or not it doesn't really matter.

Every cruise is different. I personally wouldn't worry about it taking away from your special day. To me, it makes it that much more special. My DH and I went on our first cruise for his birthday back in 2002. We were hooked! Then we were married on the Glory. Since then we try to cruise around our anniversary. Our plan from here on out is to cruise in March for our anni. and then another week in September or October. This year has been the exception because I was determined to be on a Christmas cruise and it took our entire cruise budget, so only one this year.

We just celebrated our 40th anniversary, we booked a cruise 3 weeks before our cruise. Like my parents our family vacations always fell around the time of our anniversary. Over the years we have gone to the beach, LV, all inclusive DW all the typical family vacation destinations. When our son was growing up and living at home our vacations were planned around family time regardless if it fell on or around our anniversary.

We still take our vacations around the time of our anniversary, we may do a cruise if we find a good deal or what ever strikes our fancy. Just spending time with my husband, knowing we survived all the ups and down and stayed married is all that matters.

On your anniversary You have to do what you feel in your heart is right, not what others think you should do or will think about you for doing what makes you 2 happy.

We cruise each year with our family. This year, however, we are celebrating our 20th anniversary cruising ALONE!!

Even though it is still a cruise, we are doing a few "special" things.....

1) Corner Aft balcony. With three kids, we have shared our cabin since 2007 !

2) Table for 2 - sorry folks... No socializing at dinner.

3) HMC Cabana - a present from his parents!

4) did I mention no kids?? No camp carnival pickups at 10 pm!!

Our first cruise was our honeymoon on the Ecstasy. 20 years later..... And 13 cruises later, it is still where we want to be!!

Catrin

I got married a year and a half ago, and we went to an AI resort for our honeymoon. We don't have a lot of money/vacation time to travel, but we decided it would be nice to take 1 vacation a year for our anniversary. This year (for our 1 year), we went to Vegas. For our 2 year in May, we are going on our first cruise!

I would like to cruise every year for our anniversary (haven't even left yet, and I'm already hooked), but we want to start a family soon and our "vacations" will probably have to be closer to home for a couple of years.

Most people aren't able to take a vacation for their anniversary, so I think anything you can do- cruise, land vaca- is great!

We have been married for 48 years, we don't need presents. We cruise for our anniversary, one for each birthday, and also one for our Christmas present. Living in Florida helps!

Tell me about it! I LOVE living here, couldnt imagine still livng up north and being a cruise addict. :rolleyes: So convenient being able to just drive a couple hours to each port

No because our anniversary is in September and we don't choose to cruise during hurricane season. We did call our first one our second honeymoon although since DS was along our second one was really our second honeymoon. When we retire it will be somewhere that is an easy drive to one or more cruise terminals.

We definitely have celebrated our bigger anniversaries 10, 15, 20, 25, and upcoming in June, 30 yrs, somewhere special.....preferably a cruise, but have done an AI for our 25th, which was just as awesome.

But other anniversaries, if the itinerary we want, happens to fall on our anniversary, great, if not no biggie.

Archived