Free drink at Brunch

critcatny

Make sure you do not throw the coupon out. It is not obvious. It is on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper with same white/blue/red/black colors as everything else...and it was mixed in with our Fun Time/Capers and some other flyers we received the first day.

My cabin mate tends to just push that stuff aside. I always make sure to read everything as I am always looking for away to reduce my bar tab!!

Make sure you do not throw the coupon out. It is not obvious. It is on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper with same white/blue/red/black colors as everything else...and it was mixed in with our Fun Time/Capers and some other flyers we received the first day.

My cabin mate tends to just push that stuff aside. I always make sure to read everything as I am always looking for away to reduce my bar tab!!

Totally agree with this. I had forgotten about the free drink coupon when we boarded, but DW found both papers on the desk, along with the Fun Times and other papers. There was a sheet for each of us with our name on it, and the coupon was a tear away at the bottom.

I had my first dirty banana this cruise! I confused the bartender because I kept calling it a dirty monkey :) It was delicious, a great desert drink !

Ill be on conquest in Nov .. so I wrote it down. I called it a dirty monkey too because thats what someone told me it was called and in brunch they said do you mean a dirty banana. They seem to call it both?

I hope conquest isnt picky like Magic allowed me to order one.

I have read on other posts to use it early in the week. I did that at lunch on the first sea day. When we tried to go back on the next to last sea day to use DH the line for lunch was so long we felt it was not worth it to wait in line like that for a free drink. To many other things to do to stand in line!

Totally agree with this. I had forgotten about the free drink coupon when we boarded, but DW found both papers on the desk, along with the Fun Times and other papers. There was a sheet for each of us with our name on it, and the coupon was a tear away at the bottom.

I completely concur. We did throw ours away on the last cruise :(

Sorry if I missed some information, but can you get pop in place of the alcohol beverage. I thought I read somewhere that you could get 4 cans of pop instead. With my kids, that would be a great thing, and save how much we have to bring onboard with us!

Sorry if I missed some information, but can you get pop in place of the alcohol beverage. I thought I read somewhere that you could get 4 cans of pop instead. With my kids, that would be a great thing, and save how much we have to bring onboard with us!

Its been reported it happened, however, there does not seem to be a consistent policy from ship to ship on what you can get and it does say one drink.

That happened once, with one waiter - I don't think you can count on that! What you can get with the coupon looks to vary from ship-to-ship and even waiter-to-waiter. ken

That happened once, with one waiter - I don't think you can count on that! What you can get with the coupon looks to vary from ship-to-ship and even waiter-to-waiter. ken

Agree. I think most would accept consistency, even if they could not get their drink of choice.

Its a frozen drink with banana liquor and other liquors they told me.

I found this recipe online.. this is close Id say. mixed with ice in a blender

The ones we've had were similar to this:

Ingredients

1 oz rum or vodka

1 oz creme de bananes

1 oz creme de cacao

1 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

2 scoops vanilla ice cream or milk

Now that sounds good!!!!!

Im confused, we have sailed Carnival 8 plus times and have never had a free drink coupon in our room nor ever offered one by any waiter. What the heck!!!

Have you sailed in the last couple of months. They cancelled the fun farewell party at 5 pm the last sea day very recently. a Month or two ago. .. but now you get a coupon for a free drink.

Its part of the new loyalty program if you remember when that started, fairly recently.

Have you sailed in the last couple of months. They cancelled the fun farewell party at 5 pm the last sea day very recently. a Month or two ago. .. but now you get a coupon for a free drink.

Its part of the new loyalty program if you remember when that started, fairly recently.

Thanks firefly for your reply. The last time we sailed with CCl was Alaska May this year, so the change must have been made after then....

Archived