Thanksgiving??

TheDarkestBlue

Is American Thanksgiving just another day here, as I imagine it would be? Not looking for turkey, (lobster on the beach would be a most excellent substitute, though ;) ) just wondering if it affects any schedules on the island.

Looking to rent a car and go to Pinel Island or Grand Case for lunch... any idea what the water temps might be like at that point in November?

Thanks for any info! :)

From an earlier post:

Shops, bars and restaurants will be open.

Water should be nice -- probably upper 80's. I think it's warmest in October, we had 92 one year.

gary

Thanks for providing the newspaper supplement, a lot of information in there - surprised to see Thanksgiving turkey dinner offered in abundance and even black Friday shopping :eek:

Upper 80's? :cool: Oh, I am so ready to get in that water! I grew up at the beach and miss living near the ocean. We have a very short time in port, 8am-3pm, so won't see much of the island but would like to swim and have a good lunch, we've heard Grand Case has some of the best food in the islands. I am a foodie and love to cook, so was thinking to get some classic French food (any suggestions are welcome), though with that live lobster cage on the beach, Pinel Island looks like a pretty tempting place to spend the day...

I also wanted to mention how much I appreciate your contributions to this forum, it has helped me so much in getting a feel for the island and planning. Thanks! :D

• 1 month later...
I was in SXM on Thanksgiving Day back in 2006. It's just another day there, everything will be opened. They aren't going to close businesses when ships are in port with passengers eager to spend money.

Thanks for checking in! Looks like we will rent a car and go to Pinel Island for the day.... Happy Thanksgiving :)

Archived