Island Princess or Oceania Regatta

Lrob

Hi All:

You guys were great in helping me decide that Island Princess was the way to go for Christmas cruise through the Panama Canal.

Now one decision left - the Oceania Regatta has a cruise that we also like through the canal at that time. Price is not much different. Regatta stops in Guatamala and Princess Nicaragua. I like Nica a bit better.

Do you have an opinion if O Regatta would be a way better product than IP?

Suite on both boats. PH on O and VS on IP.

Thoughts appreciated.

On our Princess Canal Cruise we stopped in both Guatemala and Nicaragua. We found Guatemala to offer much more so that's better with Oceania.

A friend has sailed the Med on the Ruby & Oceania's Riviera and liked Oceania better. Although with the considerably higher cost of Oceania they will sail with Princess in the future. Oceania includes many additional things which he can do without on a less expensive Princess cruise.

If you're able to get Oceania for not much more, I'd do it! Particularly since Oceania includes more things that are fee based options on Princess.

Oceania...Very nice line with great service, way better in the MDR food, included specialty restaurant dinner/s (number depends on length of cruise) , carry on alcohol not an issue, country club casual every night etc. Just a lot of plusses.:) If rates are in your budget..yep.

Thank you all so much for the candid responses. I am leaning towards O, but will keep you posted. It's the PC so I guess it is a "no lose" choice. I will continue to monitor these boards for all the great information here.

Just back from a wonderful PC cruise on the Island Princess , sailed Oceania Nautica several years ago. If you need a lot of stimulating activities going on, Princess might be a better fit; but, if you are comfortable mellowing out in a smaller group atmosphere, Oceania is definitely superior in both accommodations and food, and as previously mentioned, there are no formal nights.

Archived