Jewel Spa Pass

karen119

Can anyone tell me the cost and what is included with a spa pass on the Jewel?

We sail in about 3 weeks and I'm considering it. Not sure if it's worth it or not.

Thanks!

I suggest taking the spa tour as soon as possible after boarding to see the facilities, etc. The Jewel's spa is not as elaborate as the ones on the Pearl and Gem. However, on our 12/10 Jewel cruise, we knew the weather forecast for the whole week was cold and rain, so DD and I opted for the spa pass. It was definitely worth it- a peaceful haven with great views at the front of the ship.

As already mentioned, the pass does not include any services like massages, etc.

Is there a lap pool available in the Jewel spa? I was hoping that I could find some kind of adult pool area for when my son is at the kids club.

Thanks!

No- the Jewel does not have a lap pool. The Pearl and the Gem have indoor pools in their spas, but the Jewel only has a large hot tub in the co-ed area (and a smaller hot tub in the ladies area). The co-ed pool has a special name (?) but it's really just a large hot tub with some horizontal rods to sit on. No lap swimming possible!

Was on the Jewel this year to Alaska in both June and September. The spa pass was $146 per person.

Sounds like they put the 18 percent automatic gratuity on top of the spa pass plus local taxes maybe? Did you purchase while in port?

No- the Jewel does not have a lap pool. The Pearl and the Gem have indoor pools in their spas, but the Jewel only has a large hot tub in the co-ed area (and a smaller hot tub in the ladies area). The co-ed pool has a special name (?) but it's really just a large hot tub with some horizontal rods to sit on. No lap swimming possible!

Hmmmm.....without a pool, I'm not sure it's worth it. I guess I'll opt for the tour when we board and see if it looks interesting. Thanks for all of the feedback!

I guess you can call it a pool on the Gem. Its a very large hot tubish pool. Its not like you can do any swimming in it

Mike- I posted your pix in case others couldn't find it in your album (since they didn't know exactly what to look for). Anyway, this large hot tub is probably 8 by 8 or maybe even 10 by 10. I wouldn't even call it a "pool" just a large tub for soaking! This is in the co-ed area on the Jewel; Mike has another pix of the smaller hot tub in the same-sex area.

Karen- I personally wouldn't buy the spa pass again unless the weather predictions were for very stormy weather. DD and I bought a couple's pass ($150 in 2010); that's now almost the cost for one person.

• 6 months later...

Definitely take the spa tour and decide. The Jewel spa was my least favorite. Very disappointed and glad that we only had a two day weekend cruise. Wouldn't do the spa package on the Jewel again.

(Actually, didn't care for the Jewel overall and wouldn't sail her again as we were also disappointed in the dining as well. Not to mention the horrible NYC boarding experience for our cruise. This was probably the only cruise I wish I'd never booked.)

Before my trip on the Jewel I was all set to buy the spa pass but when I got on the ship and walked around the spa and I felt it was small and I was on the Jewel during Presidents Week and it was crowded in there. So I didn't buy it. I think the price was around $130-$140 I can't remember the exact amount. That was a 7 day cruise.

DH and I purchased for $119 pp on our cruise on March 10th. We thought it was amazing value....it was spring break and the hot-tubs around the ship were virtually unusable due to crowds, so we thought it was well worth it to be able to spend that money and hot-tub several times a day with impunity. I guess on our cruise, we wanted it to be a romantic couples cruise with a lot of privacy, so the spa along with our balcony cabin really made it special. We hardly knew anyone else was on the ship between those two things.

Next cruise, taking the kids, inside cabins, etc., so probably won't. I've come to the conclusion that it's important to have a mind-set as to what kind of cruise you intend to have before you decide on amenities. Last time, we went for romantic and had a lovely time. Next time, we'll be on Breakaway with teenagers and mindset is go, go, go. Expect to have an equally great, but totally different vacation.

For your thoughts on the Jewel Spa, I guess we will take the tour and decide! We will be on the Jewel through Alaska and I am thinking to take the chill off the indoor hot tubs would do the trick! We will see........

• 3 years later...

Hate to awaken an old thread, but had a question...

I'm a big guy, so fitting in a shower in the inside state room might be a trick, does the spa pass include access to private shows (like a locker room with a curtain is fine) that are about the same size as a shower in a house?