**Join Our New CC Group Cruise**Southern Caribbean**Carnival Destiny 6/18/06**

Snowball

It's official!!! I now am the proud owner of the corner balcony cabin #8333 - for one week at least. I am so excited!!! When we were on the Miracle, we were checking out the corner balcony cabins on debarkation day, and I've wanted one every since!!! And now, thanks to my bingo win, I'm gonna have one! :D

I wanted to ask everyone that is cruising with us (whether you are booked with the group or not), what kind of activities you would be interested in participating in during our cruise. I plan on scheduling a meet & greet, and maybe booking some group excursions (if there are enough of us that want to do the same excursion), but I wasn't sure if any of you had ideas of other events we can plan. Maybe a pub crawl, or a gift exchange, scavenger hunt, group outing to Carlos N' Charlies,;) or something like that.

I am all for making this group be as fun as it possibly can be, but I am just running low on ideas and need your help. :o

Please let me know if you would be interested in participating in any planned activities (and it's ok either way), and if you have any ideas of activities that might be fun for us to do.

Once I get an idea of what everyone's expectations are and gather up ideas, I will be able to plan out different things for us. :cool:

Hi Debbie! It was so much fun cruising with you on Valor last week! You'll have to host a party on your huge wrap around deck!! I'll even help you with the food, Ill put in a call to room service for you for some cheese platters!:D

I checked the price on Adventure of the Seas for the same week and the cruise would cost our family of 4 at least $1000 more, plus no cabin credits. So, this is definately a great deal! I will probably go ahead and book this weekend. Did you ever find out about the teen areas on Destiny? I started a thread but noone really responded.

This definately sounds more like partying bunch than the Valor Voyagers! We like to have a GOOD time! If we book, I'm all for group excursions!

Hey Marcy!!! It will be so great if we cruise together again!! :D And our kids already know each other, so they'll already have friends onboard!! I will try to plan more group activities for this cruise, as long as we have enough people that are interested in them. And I'm already looking into what good excursions are available at each port.

I saw your thread about the Destiny teen club. I'll find it and bump it back up - maybe someone will know the answer and respond.

It looks like one of our group activities will be a deck party on my wraparound balcony!!! ;)

Now we just need to keep this thread going so we can get more people to join in!!!

A deck party on your wrap around deck...what a great idea!! ;) Thank you for inviting us!

We had a CC party one night during hurricane Claudette in someone's room overlooking the bow of Explorer of the Seas where we watched the waves break over the bow!! We all brought our illicit alcohol and ordered room service! Between the drinks and the rolling of the ship...that was one heck of a party!!:D

Thanks for bumping up the thread about teen areas on Destiny!

Marcy - I just e-mailed Kevin to let him know that Carnival did not seat us all together on the Valor, and asking him to specifically request that everyone that chooses the 6:15 seating in our group be seated together. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Are you picking your cabins again or booking a guarantee? So far only me and RJ have picked our cabin. If the cabin next to us is available when Lisa is ready to put down her deposit (she's rooming with Jasmine again) then we'll pick that one - otherwise they may stay as a guarantee and see if they get upgraded. We'll see.

Would any of you consider adding the "Date with Destiny" banner to your signature? It's ok either way. If you want to add it, there are instructions on our group board of how to add it. It seems to work for other groups in getting more attention for the groups. The more attention the group gets, the more people that join, and the more people that participate in the roll call - so it's all good!!! :D

Debbie, since I'm not 100% committed to this cruise yet (the more I post, the more I get sucked in:D ), I'll just do the guarantee for $25/person. Once I fully commit, I'm booking a specific room again. You know me by now! I'm too obsessive to leave my cabin choice to "destiny!"

Yeah, I'm probably too obsessive to end up leaving them in a guarantee either. :rolleyes: Maybe we can try to get our own cruisers row along the aft portion of deck 8 - then we'd all have a REALLY long balcony. ;)

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the information.

It looks about --oh I'd say 80% sure that we are going to book this cruise!! I talked to my friend at work today. She really wants to do this cruise. The 20% of doubt is her husband (I just want to beat him over the head!).

They have always cruised in low season, (so lower rates) and they always book late. He just can't understand why this cruise will cost as much for one person as they usually pay for both of them. And it's way too soon---it's too soon to even think about what he wants to do next summer :rolleyes: much less actually book it (he booked their last cruise two weeks prior--he had no idea where he wanted to go--he just walked into the TA and booked whatever had a cabin available). And, booking the airfare separately?!?!?! Why, those lower prices he always gets include airfare---and on and on, ad nauseaum.

This is nothing new for this guy--it's just the way he is.

But, my friend and I were talking later this afternoon and she was mentioning how much she likes this itinerary and I asked her "What about Robert?" She said "He'll go". When I asked her how she knew that, she said " I'm just going to tell him that I want to go, so we're going".

So, except for the war of the wills, I'd say it's pretty much decided.

Hopefully, by next week-end I'll be waving the Destiny banner, proudly!

Let the planning begin!!!!

That's terrific!!! :D I'm sure your friend will be able to talk her hubby into going. Us women can be very persuasive when we need to be. ;) And if they end up changing their minds later, they can always cancel anytime prior to final payment due date with no penalty. And once they start looking at the ports we will be visiting they'll really be excited to go with us. I think this is the best Caribbean itinerary out there - but maybe I'm a bit biased. :p

Make sure to let us know when it's official, ok? I'm really hoping that your 80% moves up to 100% so you can go with us. And if you have any problems adding your Destiny banner, I can help you with that too.

So far only me and RJ have picked our cabin. If the cabin next to us is available when Lisa is ready to put down her deposit (she's rooming with Jasmine again)

Can we get a list of

Who is going

Who might be going

Who will not be going

And now there are Two threads of this cruise on this board :( :(

Yeah, I'm probably too obsessive to end up leaving them in a guarantee either. :rolleyes: Maybe we can try to get our own cruisers row along the aft portion of deck 8 - then we'd all have a REALLY long balcony. ;)

I am on an aft cabin on my Triumph. I will see how it is and Derfette will write a review. I have heard different opinions about them.

Can we get a list of

Who is going

Who might be going

Who will not be going

And now there are Two threads of this cruise on this board :( :(

I usually wait until the $25 deposit offer expires before I bug the t/a for a list of everyone that is booked. I will try to read through our thread sometime this weekend and compile a list, but it probably will not be very accurate since some people book and never post, and others say they are going to book and never do.

I created a new thread for this cruise just so I could put something in the title about the $25 deposit still being available, because I received a few e-mails from people asking whether it had expired yet or not. This will remain as our main roll call thread - I will have a host change the title to show that it is a roll call after our $25 offer is over.

Did that make any sense? :o

FYI - I just heard back from Kevin regarding the dinner seating arrangements. I explained to him that, much to our disappointment, Carnival did not have our group seated together in the dining room. Kevin apologized and said that Carnival usually automatically keeps groups together, and he doesn't know why they didn't do that for our Valor group.

For our Destiny group, he will link the reservations for everyone that requests the 6:15pm dinner - that will be the official group dining time. He will also make sure to put in a special request that all of our group's 6:15 diners be seated together in the dining room - all in the same area. Ultimately the final seating placement is up to Carnival, but Kevin will do everything he can to get us to be seated together. I will also remind Kevin to do that after final payments are due and he is ready to finalize our group.

So now our official group dining time is 6:15, if you want to be seated with the rest of the group. However, you still have the option to request a different dining time, if you prefer a different seating. I will post something on our group board letting people know about the official dinner seating, that way it doesn't get lost here on our roll call thread.

Can we get a list of

Who is going

Who might be going

Who will not be going

Who is going:

Debbie & RJ (Snowball & DH)

Lisa & Jasmine (with Snowball)

Colleen & Dave (with Snowball)

Sheila & Amy (with Snowball)

Fred & Barbara (Derf5585 & Derfette)

Bill & Marianne (S.S. Oceanlover)

Who might be going: (And I really hope they do!!! :D )

Ibcruzing

MrsDeeDee

MarcyS

nitenurs2

poppabear

Who will not be going:

Everyone else. :rolleyes:

I know someone else that does not post here on cruise critic booked 2 cabins, but I don't know their names so I didn't put them on the list.

Archived