**Join Our New CC Group Cruise**Southern Caribbean**Carnival Destiny 6/18/06**

Snowball

Tough? Me? You've gotta be kidding - I'm a softie. :D

I'm glad Kevin called you back. I actually thought he was gone for the day by the time I saw your post yesterday, so I did not call him about it. He returned your call on his own with no outside pressure.

Make sure you let us know when it's official, ok? And check out our group boards - we have posted some info on there regarding hotels, ports of call, airfare, etc. Feel free to add whatever info might be helpful. :)

Fred - that's great!!! :D So now you have 2 cruises to look forward to. Did you start doing any research on the ports yet? I must admit that I haven't really done very much research for this cruise yet. :o I figured I would wait until after I get back from my Valor cruise before really planning out what to do on the next one.

I requested the 6:15 dinner seating. For each seating, Carnival usually tries to seat all group members in the same area. So just pick whichever seating you prefer, and you should end up being seated with other members of our group. You are more than welcome to pick the 6:15 seating, so then we would be at the same seating. :)

I don't remember what dinner seating Bill requested???? If he picked the same one as us we could have our t/a's link our reservations so we would all be together.

****Tomorrow may be the last day to book for only $25pp*****

I will be contacting Kevin (the t/a for this group) to see if we can get the $25 deposit offer extended, but the decision will be up to Carnival. So if you really want to get in on the $25 deal, make sure you book by tomorrow. I will post an update about whether or not we got the extension after I hear back from Kevin.

In the meantime, here is a new Destiny review that was posted. Enjoy! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=188682

Ok everyone - I just heard back from Kevin. Great news!!! He was able to get our $25 deposit offer extended thru next Friday, June 17th. :D He may or may not be able to get it extended again late next week, but again it is Carnival's decision, not Kevin's.

I will be on a cruise next week, but plan on checking my e-mail and will contact Kevin again to try and get another extension. I will then post something here and let everyone know whether or not we can get another extension.

I hope that those that are already booked can keep this thread going while I'm gone next week. :o I will be leaving bright and early Saturday morning, so if you have any questions, please try to e-mail me before then. :)

I will be on a cruise next week, but plan on checking my e-mail and will contact Kevin again to try and get another extension. I will then post something here and let everyone know whether or not we can get another extension.

Deb, have a great time next week on the Valor.

Only one week left to get in on this great group rate for just $25pp deposit!!! :D

And only one more day before I leave for this year's cruise. That has nothing to do with this Destiny group, I know, but I couldn't resist. :p

I don't want to sound like a sceptic but checking with my TA and with Carnival itself they have never heard of only a $25pp deposit requirement. Can anyone eleviate my concerns over this? :confused:

Just looking to make sure this is for real and not a scam.

poppabear

I don't want to sound like a sceptic but checking with my TA and with Carnival itself they have never heard of only a $25pp deposit requirement. Can anyone eleviate my concerns over this? :confused:

Just looking to make sure this is for real and not a scam.

poppabear

Yes it is real, I am booked

Welcome to the "Date with Destiny" Forum!!!

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251

Cruise Critic recognizes that our Community Members like to meet each other on board their cruises by planning a Group Cruise

from

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#17

Yes, it is for real!!! :D The $25 initial deposit is only offered for group bookings and is a great perk for people booking with groups. This is the 3rd cruise critic group I've been on, and each one has had the $25 deposit in the beginning. The catch is the $25 deposit is only offered for a short period of time, so if you book after the $25 deposit offer expires then you have to pay the normal $250 deposit.

Just look at all of the cruise critic groups - almost all of them offer the $25 deposit when the group first starts up. It is a great way for people to book with the group without having to pay the whole deposit up front.

If you want to confirm that this is for real, you can call our travel agent Kevin, and 800-493-6609 and he can explain it to you. Kevin can also take your reservation if you decide to book with us.

I hope you decide to sail with us. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Ok - I'm out of here. Leaving in about an hour for my cruise on the Valor.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to book this cruise by next Friday so that you don't miss out on your Date with Destiny!!! :D

I hope this thread doesn't die while I'm gone. :o Don't behave yourselves. ;)

*** Important Reminder ***

Tomorrow may be the last day that you can book this cruise with only a $25 initial deposit!!! I e-mailed the t/a to try and get an extension and will post an update after I hear back from him.

Your $25 deposit is full refundable, so if you are still thinking of joining this group but aren't 100% sure, you can always book now and cancel later if you have to. Or don't cancel and sail with us on this fantastic voyage! :)

Me on the topless deck??? :eek: Nope, it must have been someone else's boobies you were seeing. :p

***** Our $25 deposit offer has been extended through 7/15/05!!! *****

I doubt that we'll be able to get another extension after that, so make sure you book before July 15th if you want to take advantage of our $25 initial deposit offer!!! :cool:

I'm baacccckkkkk!!!! :D Well, kind of back - I'm at our post cruise hotel right now (and using up the free internet service ;)), and will be flying home tomorrow afternoon. I had a great time on my Valor cruise, and can't wait to start planning for this Destiny cruise so I can try to avoid PCD.

Now we need to get everyone booked so we can all share our plans and ideas with each other. :) Has anyone decided what they want to do at any of the ports? Our airfare prices should be released by the end of next month, so we'll have to start closely monitoring them soon too.

Hey Bill - what deck did you say your cabin was on? I am upgrading from an 8A to a 9A corner balcony (with the $$$ I won while playing bingo on my Valor cruise :D ). I think I'm going to pick the 9A corner that is on the Verandah deck, since it looks like a very convenient location.

Archived