Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Was excited to find your review with all the great pictures as we are sailing (after an almost 3 year break) on the Oasis in April. We really wanted to try the largest ship one time and now with seeing your pictures, I get the feeling we may want to do it again!

It's always nice to meet a fellow Central/Southern NJ cruiser! Lots of luck with your baby!

One question - did you ever visit the wine bar and try the Tapas? I cannot seem to find any reviews about it...

Chrystal may be too busy to answer (;)), so I'll answer the question about Vintages and Tapas.

Yes, we did one night! It was excellent! Even my fussy husband found enough of a variety to make a meal. I ordered the wine flight ($18 at the time, IIRC), and it was beautifully served in an almost candelabra. I could have sworn I had a photo of it, but I can't find it. :( We sat outside on a lovely night. All in all, I thought it was worth it, and I'm sure we'd do it again.

Chrystal may be too busy to answer (;)), so I'll answer the question about Vintages and Tapas.

Yes, we did one night! It was excellent! Even my fussy husband found enough of a variety to make a meal. I ordered the wine flight ($18 at the time, IIRC), and it was beautifully served in an almost candelabra. I could have sworn I had a photo of it, but I can't find it. :( We sat outside on a lovely night. All in all, I thought it was worth it, and I'm sure we'd do it again.

Thanks! Much appreciated.....

Hi there,

First off.. great review! Congrats on the baby! I'm sorry if you've covered this already. Early on in your review you indicated you had made reservations for shows at the Ice Rink.. do you know if you can get the dect phones there as well?

Thanks

Pabrett46

Edited by pabrett46

God bless you and the new addition to your family. I'm trying to pick a ship for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Is the Allure a good choice? Anyone who has sailed her is welcome to chime in. My wife and I love to go to shows at night, but we also don't want to feel over crowded on a ship. I guess we're concerned with the number of people the Allure & Oasis holds. Do you really notice that? Our last RCI cruise was on the Freedom of the Seas and we loved that ship.

Hi Everyone! After being 12 days overdue and after 35 hours of labor, our baby Isaac Shawn is here! Shawn is Wesley's middle name. Hoping to start a family tradition with every male having the same middle name. Here are some photos of the little guy. He's a sweet baby, very content. We're totally in love with him:

533158_10200620788743464_346282351_n.jpg

543911_10151462168504288_2037942089_n.jpg

13228_10200636144567350_982095917_n.jpg

Hi there,

First off.. great review! Congrats on the baby! I'm sorry if you've covered this already. Early on in your review you indicated you had made reservations for shows at the Ice Rink.. do you know if you can get the dect phones there as well?

Thanks

Pabrett46

Thank you! Not sure about those phones. Can someone else please confirm?

God bless you and the new addition to your family. I'm trying to pick a ship for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Is the Allure a good choice? Anyone who has sailed her is welcome to chime in. My wife and I love to go to shows at night, but we also don't want to feel over crowded on a ship. I guess we're concerned with the number of people the Allure & Oasis holds. Do you really notice that? Our last RCI cruise was on the Freedom of the Seas and we loved that ship.

Thank you and Happy Anniversary! Being pregnant I really didn't want to deal with a whole lot of crowds. And on the Allure I was pleasantly surprised. The designers are geniuses; there are so many places to be on the ship, so many different things to do, so that it very rarely felt crowded. As usual on any ship, there's some traffic after shows, but in my opinion it wasn't all that different from leaving a show on a Freedom-Class ship. The Allure is one of those ships you just have to try for yourself to determine if you would enjoy it. It's hard to describe if you haven't sailed her. But she's a fantastic ship. :)

Did I miss something? Did Host Faith have her baby?

She must have because we haven't heard anything from her. He was late in arriving. Hope everything is going swimmingly!

I forgot to mention, he was born at 4:11 AM on Saturday the 23rd. 7 lbs, 8 oz. 19 inches long.

Sadly, my father passed away 4 days before he was born. He had been ill for some time. So it's an incredibly happy and incredibly sad time for us. Isaac looks just like him, so a piece of him lives on in our son.

I forgot to mention, he was born at 4:11 AM on Saturday the 23rd. 7 lbs, 8 oz. 19 inches long.

Congratulations :D. You have a very handsome little boy there, enjoy him. We've all been waiting patiently (kind of) for news.

Sadly, my father passed away 4 days before he was born. He had been ill for some time. So it's an incredibly happy and incredibly sad time for us. Isaac looks just like him, so a piece of him lives on in our son.

So sorry to hear about your father, what a year you have had. I am sure you will keep his memory alive through Isaac.

OMG

He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! or should I say HANDSOME !!!

Faith good things happen for those that wait, And now you guys are a package deal.

Just think when the next baby is born, you can ride all the rides in Disney and not wait for a seat filler:eek:.

No, just kidding,

On a serious note , I am so happy for you.

Enjoy..........

They grow too fast...........

My baby is going to college this year:(

Make sure you rest up, and post often.

All my Love

Sue

First, my condolences on the loss of your father. But, congrats on the arrival of Isaac Shawn!! He's adorable.

A word of advice -- when he's about three weeks old, you'll feel really good and ready to tackle the world. DON'T!! Just take it nice and easy. Everything else will wait, just take care of yourself.

That's my advice to all new moms. I fell for the feeling-good-at-3=weeks at least twice -- I finally learned after the third time that it's a trick to wear you down!

Baby Isaac Shawn is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!

So bittersweet about losing your father but Isaac resembling him. Brings a tear to my eye.

I am not sure if I've ever posted, but I had subscribed to and read your review months ago. So excited for your new arrival!

Welcome to the world little Isaac, and congratulations Crystal and Wesley. He is georgeous. I have a nephew named Isaac, it is a lovely name. I hope he lives up to his name and brings a lot of 'laughter' and joy to you all. Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Hope the gift of Isaac help you through this sad time. Love to you all x

Congratulations :D. You have a very handsome little boy there, enjoy him. We've all been waiting patiently (kind of) for news.

So sorry to hear about your father, what a year you have had. I am sure you will keep his memory alive through Isaac.

I'm so sorry about your recent losses. My prayers are with you and your

family.

Thank you both! It's been a tough year. Ironically, Isaac's name is Biblical and means, "laughter." Wes chose his name. So after all the heartache, we have a little one who does bring us a lot of laughter and joy. He's a gift.

Congrats to both of you and your beautiful baby boy...he is so lovely!

Thank you so much! :)

OMG

He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! or should I say HANDSOME !!!

Faith good things happen for those that wait, And now you guys are a package deal.

Just think when the next baby is born, you can ride all the rides in Disney and not wait for a seat filler:eek:.

No, just kidding,

On a serious note , I am so happy for you.

Enjoy..........

They grow too fast...........

My baby is going to college this year:(

Make sure you rest up, and post often.

All my Love

Sue

Thank you, Sue! Will do. :)

First, my condolences on the loss of your father. But, congrats on the arrival of Isaac Shawn!! He's adorable.

A word of advice -- when he's about three weeks old, you'll feel really good and ready to tackle the world. DON'T!! Just take it nice and easy. Everything else will wait, just take care of yourself.

That's my advice to all new moms. I fell for the feeling-good-at-3=weeks at least twice -- I finally learned after the third time that it's a trick to wear you down!

Hi Joan! Thank you so much. I'll remember to take it slow around here! :D

Baby Isaac Shawn is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!

So bittersweet about losing your father but Isaac resembling him. Brings a tear to my eye.

I am not sure if I've ever posted, but I had subscribed to and read your review months ago. So excited for your new arrival!

Thank you Susan! I appreciate your kind words. Thank you for posting!

Welcome to the world little Isaac, and congratulations Crystal and Wesley. He is georgeous. I have a nephew named Isaac, it is a lovely name. I hope he lives up to his name and brings a lot of 'laughter' and joy to you all. Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Hope the gift of Isaac help you through this sad time. Love to you all x

Thank you nonibop! He's living up to his name already. He's a little ray of sunshine for our entire family. :)