A full review of our Summit cruise.

Things only got worse after my scathing report. IE:

Food was terrible, I only gained 8 lbs.

Cabin was just too clean ( gave Marti nothing to do)

Coffee and fruit were served within 5 min afeter my call in the morning ( that meant a larger tip)

Sauna and steam rooms (Persian garden) were crowded, once I counted two other people invading my space

The smokers bothered me ( once I smelled a camel on the Stern side)

Our table mates were just too nice and interesting (they laughed at all of my jokes)

dining dress codes were in the most part strictly adhered too, I kept looking for all of the slobs who, according to some, cruise on Celebrity.

Staff, very courteous and friendly they called me by name "sir Phillip" when all I wanted was to be called "hey Bub"

weather was terrible, it only rained on sea days, port days were balmy and clear.

Debarkation was a mess. we were off the ship at 9:45 and was in our room at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Vancouver at 11: am.

I could go on and on but what is the point, I have two more Summit cruises comming up, I can just hope things will get better.:)

Phil

Marti & Phil

I hope that the two of you are booked on Summit 7/15/05 north to Alaska and the cruise is the same except for the Camels. (Were they one hump or two).

Anyway we're on that one and are looking forward to it. (Except for the 8 lbs)

Best

Slo & Slower

Phil, we "endured" much of the same on the Mercury...but no camels! We were told that the Summit had booked them first!

The things we have to live with....cruising with Celebrity...BUT someone has to do it!

Karyn

Did you know that nine out ot ten doctors that tried camels went back to women???

Ah most of you are probably too young to remember that ad - well at least the part that 9 out of ten doctors prefered camels.

I actually have 3 camels that live down the road from me.I did notice that Last week I only saw 2.maybe he was on the ship?I say good morning to the camels everyday on my way to work.They make my day,as it really is an unusual sight.

Lake almanor, is up in the high Sierra mountains in Northern Ca., not far from Reno Nv.

Phil

Spent many a summer as a kid on family vacations to Lake Almanor. Always stayed on the Peninsula. Few places on earth as beautiful as Almanor!

• 3 months later...

Gosh what a horrid cruise. I remember someone on another cruise board saying her cruise was a 'nightmare.' Are you having nightmares?

I sailed last March and had to endure the same as you. Terrible situation. Especially with those ugly camels walking around the aft part of the ship with their black tongues hanging out.

Archived