QV and QE which is better?

cruiser101101

I'd choose based on itinerary - like both equally and prefer them to QM2, though that's not bad either:D.

Mary

I'd agree that choosing the itinerary is vital. Having said that, there's something about the QV that had an edge on QE. Hard to say why -it's kind of like asking who your favourite child is! If I had a choice of all 3 I'd go for QM2 though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This year we took our 2nd voyage on the Queen Elizabeth followed a few weeks later by our 4th voyage on the Queen Victoria. We knew then that we prefer the QE. Somehow the QV seemed to have something lacking in comparison. And of course the QE looks more modern and newer.

You can walk all the way round the promenade deck on the QE but you can't on the QV.

The QV only has one tennis court in the games area whereas the QE has tennis, bowling and croquet.

The QV only has one table tennis table. The QE has two

The QV only has two shelves in the bathroom. The QE has four.

The QV had to have extra drawers put in the bedside cabinets. The QE already had them and so they fit better.

I think the Lord Linley marquetry panel on the QE is a lot nicer than the effort on the QV.

a17sqb.jpg QE2ps1s89.jpg QV

The good points the QV has over the QE are that it has a Chart Room whereas the QE does not. And the evening entertainment, particularly the production shows and performers, has been a lot better on the QV. There is also some superb artwork of former Cunard ships on the stairways of the QV.

Overall we prefer the Queen Elizabeth.

both are lovely but imho QE has the edge...

QE has much bigger lido pool deck space (for me thats good) and prom deck goes all the way around at the front as on QV it does not.

but QV has open top deck at front and QE has enclosed sports deck...

i would travel on both at anytime if itinerary suited.

QE is very art deco rich interiors and QV rather more Edwardian country house...

QV has more cunardia artworks.

you def feel like you are on an ocean liner rather than a cruise ship on either.

that is why cunard is my 1st choice always.

it is like coming home.

Q1 passengers and other aft-suite/stateroom passengers would prefer QV: much, much larger, sunnier verandahs.

I agree, unless you are a little shy because the QV QG stern verandas are overlooked. About 2/3 the area of our Q1 could be seen from above. The sloping stern looks much prettier than the flat back end on QE though.

Other than than, there's nothing to choose between them unless you want to dine Britania club, which is only on QE.

Archived