Has anyone tried A-Rosa?

editor@cruisecritic

Hi, Fran. David Morris International, the firm that's handling North American sales for A-ROSA, says its brochures are at the printer. They're hoping to have them ready to send out in mid-December. There's supposed to be a Web site but I haven't come across it yet.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn -

Thanks for the update.

Will A-Rosa have brochures they are mailing out? Or, is there a website for the NA passengers to look at?

Fran

• 5 weeks later...

I just watched the video and Carolyn, can you tell me if people dress like they it appears..men seem to be in suits and ties and women in dresses..was it like that on board..that would be a a trip stopper for me..

Jancruz1

• 4 months later...

We will be on A Rosa Silva on the Rhine in July, so I was wondering if anyone else has any other information.

It appears as if dinner will be A la Carte.

I am still waiting for a list of excursions -will post when I receive them.

:)

Please keep us posted, jccruiser. I have had very bizarrely sporadic communications with the folks who are supposed to be selling A-Rosa cruises to American passengers so I'm going to rely on you for input!

Carolyn

We will be on A Rosa Silva on the Rhine in July, so I was wondering if anyone else has any other information.

It appears as if dinner will be A la Carte.

I am still waiting for a list of excursions -will post when I receive them.

:)

Interesting looking at the pix-thanks. 1 question. In the suite you appeared to have a clear window between the bathroom and the bedroom. I could not see any blinds anywhere. Not a fan of this. We have been on a Fred Olsen ocean cruise ship that had similar ,and a hotel. If either of us needed the bathroom in the night, it always woke the other up, when the light was put on. Or do the designers either sleep alone, or never needed the bathroom in the night?

• 1 month later...

Carolyn,

We are 4 people on Stella for the Aug 10 Rhone out of Lyon. Did you find your passengers dressing up for dinner more than a Celebrity Solstice type group of Americans? We will preface our river outing by a 12 day Equinox as well and I was hoping to leave the dressier clothes at our hotel before boarding the Stella. A mistake? Also thought my hubby could get away w/o a suit... another mistake? Any night remotely formal?

Thanks so much.

Marion

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding dress is country club casual. No tie/no jacket. Sounds like they are excelling with food & drinks Wine parring w/each course. Plus lunch @ Paul Bouche in Lyon. Anyone else on 8/18 Stella.

• 3 months later...

On our AMA Rhine Cruise, I avoided the buffet completely:

Breakfast: Eggs Benedict (fresh from the galley to my table)

Lunch: order from the menu

Dinner: no buffet to worry about

The A-Rosa ships we docked against looked nice, but buffet dining would kill my interest in a New York minute.

I agree that buffet only would be a deal breaker.

A-Rosa does not only have buffet dining on the sailings they market to the north American market, FYI. Ala carte dining, normally a surcharge on their European market sailings, is included in these targeted sailings.

I agree that buffet only would be a deal breaker.

A-Rosa does not only have buffet dining on the sailings they market to the north American market, FYI. Ala carte dining, normally a surcharge on their European market sailings, is included in these targeted sailings.

That will change the percentage of passengers using ala carte dramatically. I wonder if they will have enough staff to handle the demand?

Hello irisdeane,

I am going on the A-Rosa Christmas Markets cruise on Dec 3rd. Will let you know how it goes.

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

Ralph Grizzle will be on an Arosa ship doing a Christmas market cruise. See the thread Christmas market info.

Which ship will you be on and what is the itinerary?

Have a great cruise.

notamermaid