October cruise to Bermuda on The Explorer - Picture Review

mpcaruth

Your welcome, and thanks. If I recall correctly, the three day passes were $28 pp. Riding the ferries and the Pink Bus is a Bermuda experience not to missed. In fact, I saw a souvenir shirt that had a picture of a bus and said, "I survived the pink bus".

thanks, just one more thing. Are the busses plentiful or hard to come by? It seems like the more I read, the more that people complain about the bus system.

thanks, just one more thing. Are the busses plentiful or hard to come by? It seems like the more I read, the more that people complain about the bus system.

There seemed to be plenty of buses while we were there. They have "special" buses during the busy time of the day for cruise passengers that go directly to and from the dockyard to/from Horseshoe Bay. We took one of these to get off at Church Bay. It seemed we never had to wait to catch a bus leaving the dockyard. But, catching a bus back to the dockyard seemed to take a little longer, but we never had to wait more than 15 minutes at a bus stop. The buses were often standing room only.

The ferries were always packed to maximum capacity. Twice we got cut off just prior to capacity, and once barely made it through.

There seemed to be plenty of buses while we were there. They have "special" buses during the busy time of the day for cruise passengers that go directly to and from the dockyard to/from Horseshoe Bay. We took one of these to get off at Church Bay. It seemed we never had to wait to catch a bus leaving the dockyard. But, catching a bus back to the dockyard seemed to take a little longer, but we never had to wait more than 15 minutes at a bus stop. The buses were often standing room only.

The ferries were always packed to maximum capacity. Twice we got cut off just prior to capacity, and once barely made it through.

Awesome thank you, I was thinking on leaving Horseshoe for our last day and the two prior days packe them with activities further away from port.

Once again thanks for your prompt response. :)

Thanks for sharing. I love Bermuda. Your pictures were wonderful what kind of camera did you use? Some very nice memories.

Previous posts 52 & 53 give details on my two cameras

1) DSLR - Canon Rebel T1i

2) point & shoot, mega-zoom with Aquapac waterproof bag: Panasonic Lumix

We are leaving for our next cruise in a couple of weeks and I am considering buying the latest Panasonic Lumix model ZS19. My current Lumix is over 3 years old and technology has improved since then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the review and all the pictures. We are finally doing Bermuda for the 1st time on board the Explorer this September. I've been on the Voyager class ships 3 times so far and have always enjoyed them. Thanks again.

Very nice review. Scheduled for my first cruise to Bermuda aboard the NCL Breakaway but have had the RCCL EOS on my radar from day one. Regardless of what ship I sail, your review will be helpful. Thanks!

Hubby and I will be on the Explorer in 1 month. Loving this review!

Highboy90, the Breakaway videos look AWESOME!!! I really think I would like to try this ship out the next time I book a cruise:)

My Girlfriend and I cruised to Bermuda around the same time on Enchantment

(Oct. 12 - 18). Our time at Bermuda was cut short by 17 hrs. because of hurricane Raphael. We went to Horseshoe bay on Sunday and Hamilton on Monday. We enjoyed it so much we are going back on Jun. 14 on Grandeur out of Baltimore. Looking forward to going back.

Thanks for the recent compliments. I am jealous that all of you are planning your upcoming Bermuda cruise. This is one itinerary that I would have NO PROBLEM in repeating. Bermuda is amazing (especially 3 days straight)!

• 3 weeks later...
Great start! Thanks...We have a 5 night cruise to Bermuda booked on Explorer Apr 28....Worried the weather will be quite cold. We have never been to Bermuda. Deciding if I should change the cruise to Freedom 7 night Caribbean instead....But the cabin we snagged on explorer (1388) and your pics have me wanting to keep the bermuda cruise. I've never been any north than Maryland so leaving out of Jersey and getting to explore NY would be different for us!

Can't wait to read more.

I just found this review tonight and I'm enjoying it very much so far as it's all quite familiar to me, but when I saw you mention 'our' room, I was compelled to stop and comment. :p 1388 is our cabin of choice! we've had it the last 2 trips on Explorer and will again in Oct... Very spacious and HUGE balcony for a D1. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. Enjoy your trip!

R

gorgeous photography! thanks for taking the time to post them! I've been on this ship, on this trip, several times now and I never tire of looking at my own pictures or those taken by someone else . :D I don't snorkel, so those pics were particularly attractive to me! I saw many of these same fish while I was swimming, but you got so much more with your photos! We always go the same week in October and (knock on wood) we have always had gorgeous weather. Should one of these trips we go on have 'not so perfect' weather, I know now that we can still have a great time.

thanks again!

Rosie

• 2 weeks later...
Can't see the pictures but I will check them out later. Loved your review

Oh no. Anyone else having problems seeing the photos? I just pulled them up on my smartphone and they appear to be fine. Sometimes there is a Photobucket website issue. Thanks.

Oh no. Anyone else having problems seeing the photos? I just pulled them up on my smartphone and they appear to be fine. Sometimes there is a Photobucket website issue. Thanks.

That is because for some reason it is probably blocked at my office....

I want to really appreciate them and my smart phone won't do it justice based on what I have read!

• 1 month later...