Leaving tomorrow on Explorer

kaykels

The pics coming out of the Great Lakes are incredible...who'd a thunk it would have such an impact that far in!!!!!

I always think about all the frozen food ya'll must be having to BBQ up and then try to keep in ice igloos and get it eaten up. Hope everyone has enough charcoal or propane to get their barbies going.

Just thinking about all the legistics of surviving and cleaning up has me bonkers. It almost seems as if this storm is worse than Katrina in that it has affected more area of the country.

When we were hit by Juan back in 2003 we were without power for 8 days... Was some of the best eating that week... Every night was like a buffet - take your plate and head around to the different BBQ's in the neighborhood and see what was on the menu ;). Steaks...salmon...chickens.... one neighbour even put a turkey on the rotisserie...now that was delish!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

just spoke with my parents tomorrow RCCL is having a meeting with everyone to let them know whos car has been flooded and damaged due to the flooding at the port.

My exprience has been that damage will be covered under the comprehensive coverage and there is no deductible involved,and since the damage is from salt water the car will be declared totalled.

I grew up in Folcroft (Del. Co.) & my sister said her power went out for a short period of time- I live in Exton & only lost it for about 1 minute.

Pat

I am in Sharon Hill, we never lost ours, but my brother is in Aldan and they lost theirs for about 2 hrs. on 1 side of the street only.

hey guys. just got off the phone with my mom (the beauty of ipads)

here's another update... and i asked my mom about the rumors flying around on here, none of which are true.

first... windjammer and johnny rockets is closed.

they had winds in excess of 80mph and are still heading south as far as she could tell, they have not yet turned east towards bermuda.

they're doing a lot better now than they were earlier. (my dad is even much less green, although he's spent hte last two days in bed :( makes me sad )

there's no room service. only the main dining rooms, and they're serving cold cuts off trays in the promenade.

all the rumors regarding water are 150% lies, there is no shortage of water. they are giving out water to everyone who wants it, there is plenty of water.

there is not enough hot food between meals, there's some, but not enough to go around.

my mom expects if they can't get the windjammer operating, they will fly everyone home from bermuda. but that is her speculation. or board the windows up so it's usable.

they are serving pizza.

she has no idea how many windows were broken out, and she doesn't know if people were in there when it happened.

she also says everyone's okay now. the seas have calmed and they're doing a lot better. she's going to try and find out some more information for when she contacts me later tonight.

I am on this cruise. We are currently in Bermuda and the weather is fine.

I don't know about rumors, but here is what I have seen and experienced: We went through a really rough 10 to 12 hour stretch from late Sunday night until late morning Monday. Fortunately for me, I slept through much of it and my drammamine worked just fine.

Food - MDR was closed for breakfast Monday AM (at least that's what the front desk told me at 8 AM). I ate breakfast in Windjammer around 8:30 to 9. About the time I left, it got a rocky and there were a few things falling. I left. Apparently it got much worse over the next half hour and they closed the windjammer. The only food was at Cafe Promenade, it got a bit crowded and they were walking around the Promenade with trays to ease things.

The MDR opened at noon with a limited lunch. By dinner, everything was open again. There were no water shortages that I know of. I saw a number of cabins that got flooded out by the shower drains. I personally didn't see broken windows or mass breakage. To me, things seem somewhat normal onboard now, but my cabin was not affected. My car is parked at the pier, and the word so far doesn't sound good.

Overall, my problems are nothing compared to anything back in the US. Hope everyone is well.

Glad everyone is ok and that you are enjoying beautiful Bermuda. Did any other ships come into Bermuda that weren't expected? There were rumors of Jewel of the Seas going there because they had 2 ports cancelled and stayed docked in Boston from Sunday until Tuesday morning.

Tropical Weather Update

November 1, 2012 - 10:00 a.m. E.S.T

At this time, Royal Caribbean has not altered the boarding time or itinerary of any ship that departs from Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey, tomorrow or Sunday.

However, we encourage guests sailing on Brilliance of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas monitor this website for any additional updates.

Royal Caribbean will continue to closely monitor the situation in the northeast and will update this information again tomorrow, Friday, November 2, at 10:00 a.m. E.S.T.

Hey everyone, just an update. My parents are having a nice cruise, after the rough seas that they had Sunday/Monday. The ship has some damage, but is totally operational. No shortage of food/water from their perspective.

They were told today that they do not have clearance to pull into port at Bayonne yet because port is still technically closed. They are waiting for more info.

Cars at the pier were not washed out to sea, but many were in 4 feet of water, so it is likely that their minivan was damaged.

We have it worse here on land. My home is still without power and we are staying with some family members tonight because it is too cold to keep the kids home without heat. Gas is in very short supply as is ice. It's a total mess!

Hey everyone, just an update. My parents are having a nice cruise, after the rough seas that they had Sunday/Monday. The ship has some damage, but is totally operational. No shortage of food/water from their perspective.

They were told today that they do not have clearance to pull into port at Bayonne yet because port is still technically closed. They are waiting for more info.

Cars at the pier were not washed out to sea, but many were in 4 feet of water, so it is likely that their minivan was damaged.

We have it worse here on land. My home is still without power and we are staying with some family members tonight because it is too cold to keep the kids home without heat. Gas is in very short supply as is ice. It's a total mess!

They will definitely be pulling into port in Cape Liberty on Sunday. Brilliance was there today. There were also two ships that came in and out of Manhattan today. The port/harbor is definitely open. The update on RCI's site says there is no change to EX and that it will be sailing on time.

Here's today's update:

Tropical Weather Update

November 2, 2012 - 10:00 a.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean has not altered the boarding time or itinerary of any ship that departs from Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey, today or Sunday. Brilliance of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas boarding and departure times from Cape Liberty will take place as scheduled.

Archived