Monarch Of The Seas B2B Picture Review

mpoole3

I was on the Oct 22. cruise and enjoyed your review of trip #1. How did you like the Rock 'N Roll on Part #2? By the way, I thought Mitch was a really good cruise director, especially in light of the Hurricane Sandy problems.

Edited by Trainer

I was on the Oct 22. cruise and enjoyed your review of trip #1. How did you like the Rock 'N Roll on Part #2? By the way, I thought Mitch was a really good cruise director, especially in light of the Hurricane Sandy problems.

I agree with you Mitch was great!

I plan on posted the rest of my review this afternoon. I focused on the designations during cruise 1 & mostly the ship on cruise 2.

Hi Mpoole3 – Great so far –

Sorry we did not get to meet on the Oct 19th cruise. I am enjoying the review. Just for some reference, the windjammer is PACKED and that was because it opened almost an hour late due to a surprise US Heath Dept inspection . I hope that on the second leg it was not as packed all at once.

Given the circumstances, and this week’s weather I think we are lucky we made it to Coco Cay and dodged a bullet. What a difference a week makes!

Look forward to reading the rest of the review.

M

I decided to have lunch back on the ship, as the buffet was crazy busy (12:30) I'd recommend going right when they open.

The Cabanas you can rent starting price I believe is $150+

DSC05930_zps0302f504.jpg

Here are some of the boats for Coco Cay excursions.

DSC05926_zpsbb74a046.jpg

This was taken while tendering back to the Monarch. This photo is my favorite from the whole week. It was so Beautiful!

DSC05932_zpsb417b153.jpg

I noticed a lot of men sitting in the schooner bar watching football all day, as they have a 50 inch TV.

photo_zpsc976ded7.jpg

This evening I went to the fair-well show and it started kind of slow, but the crowd really got involved toward the end. (60s-70s Music)

DSC05946_zpsa582fd42.jpg

After the show I went to the Viking Crown Lounge for a cigar and to use my bogo drink coupon. The bar staff was talking about how they were going to be working on the Enchantment Of The Seas in the spring. I'd image most of the staff will be joining EOS.

photo_zps4ac3e99f.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

After my cigar fun in the Viking I headed down for the quest game show, which was a blast. People were taking their clothes off, running around looking for items, and evening putting lipstick on men! What a great time!

DSC05957_zps04d834e6.jpg

Day 4/1 Turn around day.

I did not settle my account the night before, since I was at the game show late. The guest services line was 50+ deep and took around 30 mins to reach the counter.

The line to leave the ship.

DSC05964_zps16092beb.jpg

I was told to meet at guest services at 9:45 for the customs clearance. We did not walk off until 10:25 and only took 5mins. They made us give a customs form and then take new photo with our new sea pass card. (be SURE you take both OLD and NEW sea pass card with you) Very easy process and was quite pleasant to have the ship to myself for an hour. The sail-away party was fun with high energy. They had a new band present from Canada, which was a lot of fun.

DSC05966_zpsc6810416.jpg

Upon the return to my stateroom I found: a fruit plate, bottle water, C&A basket, and a letter inviting me to their nightly diamond event in the Viking Crown. I was quite surprised to receive the letter inviting me to their diamond event, but I inquired and this is standard for all B2B cruisers. Perhaps one day I'll make diamond status!

DSC05973_zps02f3a7e3.jpg

photo_zps6af49135.jpg

I attended the diamond event this evening and they made sure my wine glass was full at all times. Again, I overheard the talk for who is working on the EOS when they sell off the Monarch. Seems Malcolm is very "popular" with the Diamond members and he will be joining the Enchantment in February '13

I enjoyed my dinner in the dinning room with a table of ten. Everyone had so many questions about Coco Cay and I was happy to answer them.

I went a little early!

photo_zpsced52d01.jpg

Unique Art in the Viking Crown Lounge

photo_zps71f9fa37.jpg

Day 5/2 Scheduled Coco Cay (settled for sea day)

I woke up this morning and went right to the windjammer. As soon as I got in line at made to Order omelet station (8am) I heard the captain get on the PA system and I knew exactly what I was about to hear, as the Monarch was really rocking. The captain canceled our day at Coco Cay due to the weather. Everyone on the ship was very upset and did not understand, but the wind was so strong there is no way the tender boats could run. I thought the staff did an excellent job preparing the last min sea day activities. Once I returned to my cabin they had already placed a "revised" cruise compass in my stateroom. What an outstanding effort by the staff and cruise director Mitch. I spent the day (10-4) poolside with live music, belly flop, and worlds sexiest man. Some how I was talked into shaking my booty and playing the worlds sexiest man game. Ended up having a great time and won a metal!

Once I arrived back in my stateroom I found a cheese plate and chocolate covered Strawberries with a note from C&A thanking me for my loyalty. Often people ask me why don't you try a different cruise line!? This is a perfect example why; these small gestures go along way with me.

DSC05979_zps2d63d729.jpg

Tonight is formal night I've seen a few men-wearing tux, some with button downs only, and full suits. Seems as the "younger" crowd 20-35 is very dressed up suit/long formal dress & the "older" crowd 35-55 was a little less dressed up with sports coats and shorter dresses. The way I look at it is wear what YOU want, because at the end of the day it's YOUR vacation and that's all that matters.

I just wore a Blazer

DSC05983_zps777b77b5.jpg

Tonight was the captain’s reception (730-830) with free champagne and the captain spoke with some interesting facts about the Monarch. While I was in line I meet two ladies and ended up having dinner with them this evening. After dinner, there was an adult game show in boleros, followed by line dancing. Both events were quite entertaining and very popular with the guest.

Day 6/3 Nassau Bahamas 8am-Midnight

Last night I placed the breakfast menu outside my door for coffee and fruit plate. They delivered my breakfast around 815am (I selected delivery times 8-830) I gave the guy a $2 tip. They do give you a curtsey call before they delivery your breakfast, which I was in the shower, go figure

DSC05988_zps44acabdc.jpg

I had scheduled a Hot-Stone massage on leg 1 for this morning 9:15. The cost was $149 for 50 min and was unlike anything I'd ever experienced. Of course, she tried to sell me some bath products after, I simply said, no thank you and that was it. The crew was doing a lifeboat drill during my massage, which was a little distracting nevertheless, but what can you do.

I went early to my spa appointment so I could see the Gym.

DSC05969_zpsef279635.jpg

They also have a Sauna in the Mens Locker room. There is no charge for use.

DSC05968_zps8d218937.jpg

I decided to get off the ship and walk to Junkanoo beach again for a few hours.

They have public restrooms

DSC05883_zps282e713e.jpg

While I was on the beach the Carnival Glory was pulling into port; of course I could not take my eyes away for the next hour while she docked. I started getting very sleepy (1pm) so I walked back to the ship and port was very busy with five ships into port. I noticed around 20-30 people in the shops they make you walk through with their tablets and laptops out, as they offered, "pay by the hour" Wi-Fi to everyone.

Carnival Glory made an unplanned stop to Nassau instead of Freeport due to Hurricane Sandy

DSC05997_zps02ddfba4.jpg

Back in the diamond lounge this evening and I over heard many of them speaking of dinner with the captain this evening. Look forward to these special evenings in the years to come with Crown and Anchor. This evening is the C&A welcome back event. They had free drinks, finger food, and handed out wine to those high C&A members.

They displayed all the fun towels

DSC06014_zpsb396402e.jpg

After dinner was the pool-party with the midnight buffet. They moved the food inside to the windjammer, due to the high wind. However, they still had dancing poolside and everyone was in the best mood, even noticed the bar staff singing & dancing. Though, not a very big turnout because you were holding on for your life!

Pool Party

DSC06024_zps96a68ab3.jpg

Midnight Buffet

DSC06026_zps4cd71bb5.jpg

Day 7/4 Rolling back to Port Canaveral, FL

I slept in pretty late (10am) this morning and decided to just eat a Banana from my fruit plate in the room. I got dressed up in my swim trunks, went to the pool deck to see all the chairs empty, which is unheard of on a sea day. The weather was poor with high winds, rain, and did I mention high winds.

The CD Mitch and activities manger Erky from Turkey put on a show title: Life on a cruise ship. The show was very low key and it seemed as they improved the whole show, yet still entering Q&A session.

This evening the ship was rocking harder than I've ever experienced on a cruise ship. People were falling all over the place and walking in a straight line simply was not happening. The captain came on the PA system at 6pm and the ship became very quite, because people knew he was giving us an update on the weather. He decided to pull into Port Canaveral, FL at Midnight, due to the weather conditions. However, no one could get off the ship until the morning, as customs were not going to be in place. I was actually hoping we could not pull into port, because my vacation is coming to an end! The top decks were closed, the pool chairs were all stacked, and the Monarch handled the storm well, given the conditions.

They closed access to the top decks

DSC06036_zps93f6e3d2.jpg