late night air booking

cruzin w chris

People have all kinds of ways and methods to find the best airfares. I find the best way is as follows.

Log on to any airline web site at precisely 2:23 AM on a Thursday.

After logging on (not before) put on a blue plaid shirt with a pink bow tie

log off the website

log on to another website.

The lowest fares are there.

But seriously there is no real method the low fares appear when they appear. You get lucky or you don't.

People have all kinds of ways and methods to find the best airfares. I find the best way is as follows.

Log on to any airline web site at precisely 2:23 AM on a Thursday.

After logging on (not before) put on a blue plaid shirt with a pink bow tie

log off the website

log on to another website.

The lowest fares are there.

How many times do we have to tell you not to give away secrets like this?

i have heard of the best of the best airfares come out just after midnight on like tues or wed nights. does anyone know what site (s) these are on or are they on the actual airline websites ? thanks for any help !

Sorry, there is no "secret" best time. If there was, don't you think everyone would be waiting to purchase tickets then? Simply follow airfares for a while to get a sense of what pricing is, and then purchase when you feel comfortable with the price.

There's simply no way to get a grip on air fares. Only on selected times, you might be noticed in advance for price beaters. But most of the time, you just need to be lucky to score a deal.

Sometimes it's booking early that gets you a good fare, but I've once bought a ticket 3 weeks before departure time on the same flight as a friend and ended up paying around 100 euro less for my fare.

Last week we booked 7 nights on the Norwegian Epic, and then I looked at airfare :eek: four of us anywhere from $2000-$4000

I have a few sites I check often and have now started checking the airlines themselves..Delta and American wanted $476 or so pp RT so I checked Southwest. Southwest got me leaving at 1pm nonstop to Ft Lauderdale and I arrive at 5pm. leaving Ft Lauderdale after the cruise we leave at 9pm, fly nonstop, arrive 925 and I paid $1330 taxes and all and my bags fly free :D

Good price PLUS non stop flights!!

Sorry, there is no "secret" best time. If there was, don't you think everyone would be waiting to purchase tickets then?

Your second sentence is true. That is why Scott McCartney of the Wall Street Journal stated, "Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz, the three big online ticket-sellers, all say their busiest day for bookings is Tuesday". Read his article to find out why.

Archived