Just in, Pride 10-28-12 cancelled

dk1

Was on the cancelled Pride today.... What a mess... Boarded and cancelled 30 minutes later.... Stuff happens......

But I am now stuck in a holiday inn until until Wednesday ( earliest flights out)

I got a free beer out of this ordeal... But so far I have put out an extra $210 in new flights and $350 in hotel charges as well as food for the next 3 days....

What happens to the people or families that cruise on a tight budget, and don't have the extra cash to pay for these things?

I hope our travel insurance covers this stuff

Dwaterhouse sorry your cruise was cancelled and I hope your insurance covers you for the airfare, food and hotel, just keep all your receipts and you should have an emergency number to call for your insurance.

Gaileriana - saw a facebook message that my work is only open for mission essential personel and thankfully I am not one of those but my daughter is, at least she doesn't have to drive over the bridge that I have to.

Was on the cancelled Pride today.... What a mess... Boarded and cancelled 30 minutes later.... Stuff happens......

But I am now stuck in a holiday inn until until Wednesday ( earliest flights out)

I got a free beer out of this ordeal... But so far I have put out an extra $210 in new flights and $350 in hotel charges as well as food for the next 3 days....

What happens to the people or families that cruise on a tight budget, and don't have the extra cash to pay for these things?

I hope our travel insurance covers this stuff

Whatever insurance doesn't cover, privately contact Carnival for the balance.

I just want to say thank you to all that posted messages about the cruise that was cancelled on Sun 10/28, we were on that cruise. Being from Lancaster, Pa we are able to take advantage of this last minute cruise.

I contacted Carinval Customer Servive they were very helpful accomadating my booking, also saw that I would get any credit I was owed, along with he 25% discount for a new booking. overall I was pleased with their help. No complaints here.

I just want to say thank you to all that posted messages about the cruise that was cancelled on Sun 10/28, we were on that cruise. Being from Lancaster, Pa we are able to take advantage of this last minute cruise.

I contacted Carinval Customer Servive they were very helpful accomadating my booking, also saw that I would get any credit I was owed, along with he 25% discount for a new booking. overall I was pleased with their help. No complaints here.

I am from Lancaster, PA too :-)

Carnival posted on their website at 12:30 pm but did not make an announcement on the ship until around 2:15 pm on the ship. I tried to sign up for internet and it didn't work. Now I know why! That's almost 2 hours. I was on that cruise and that extra 2 hrs may have helped in getting a flight out. Unfortunately, I had to rent a car and drive for 8 hours.

They should have cancelled on Saturday. Every weather forecast for 7 10 days was calling this the 'Storm of the Century:, etc.

Can someone help me with a question? I was on the Carnival Pride from Oct. 21 to well... Oct. 27. We managed to make our stop at Grand Turk but spent the rest of the time trying to outrun Sandy. So we missed Half Moon Cay, Freeport, and we were even going to try to make it into Port Canaveral. None of these were possible because of Sandy. We were in rough seas from Tuesday until we reached the bay on Saturday morning. The captain said that the safety of the passangers and his crew was his priority. Now keep in mind, I am not complaining. The captain did an excellent job getting us thru the storm and the crew was great as always. I understand weather happens.

My problem is if we spent most of our week trying to out run this storm why would you wait so long to cancel the next one? If the Pride would have sailed out on Sunday it would have sailed right into the heart of the storm. If the passangers and crews safety is priority then why would you even consider this? This decision should have been made earlier. Also did Carnival make the decision or were they forced to anchor by Coast Guard. I hope Carnival made this decision. It would have been unsafe to all envolved if they would have gone out. Their bottom line should never come before safety.

I am sorry for all who ended up missing their cruise. I wish you all the best and if I get a chance I will post some video of the seas. note I have seen worse seas but remember we were running away from it.

Archived