Onboard the Jewel now

BritChickBN1

We've just arrived at port Canaveral on schedule. All aboard are safe and sound.

We left NYC on time shortly before they closed the port. The seas were very rough Sunday evening through Monday evening. According to the navigators log the seas were 12-18 feet. Almost everyone I spoke with had a sleepless night Sunday into Monday because of the severity of the rocking motion. We could hear crashing and banging all night.

Something came loose on the lifeboat below our balcony and it took NCL a while to figure out what happened so we had little sleep last night as well. However they figured it out and it has now been fixed. Everyone's been great. They have a great crew on the Jewel and we are having a great time.

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the Jewels status.

We've just arrived at port Canaveral on schedule. All aboard are safe and sound.

We left NYC on time shortly before they closed the port. The seas were very rough Sunday evening through Monday evening. According to the navigators log the seas were 12-18 feet. Almost everyone I spoke with had a sleepless night Sunday into Monday because of the severity of the rocking motion. We could hear crashing and banging all night.

Something came loose on the lifeboat below our balcony and it took NCL a while to figure out what happened so we had little sleep last night as well. However they figured it out and it has now been fixed. Everyone's been great. They have a great crew on the Jewel and we are having a great time.

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the Jewels status.

Thanks for the update, I'm glad everyone is okay (albeit tired). Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the trip.

From another thread:

Norwegian Cruise Line's Great Stirrup Cay sustained "minor damage to structures and landscaping, as well as beach erosion from Hurricane Sandy," said spokeswoman AnneMarie Mathews.

"We expect the island to reopen the middle of next week," she said. Meanwhile calls to the island by the Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Pearl for this week have all been cancelled.

I forgot to mention GSC. We received a letter on Sunday stating they were assessing the situation at GSC and would let us know if we were still stopping at the island.

So far I haven't heard any announcements regarding our scheduled stop tomorrow so thanks for the info. Another sea day beats any day on land. :)

Thanks everyone. We're having a wonderful vacation.

I forgot to mention GSC. We received a letter on Sunday stating they were assessing the situation at GSC and would let us know if we were still stopping at the island.

So far I haven't heard any announcements regarding our scheduled stop tomorrow so thanks for the info. Another sea day beats any day on land. :)

Thanks everyone. We're having a wonderful vacation.

Thanks for the update and I want to add my wishes that you have a great cruise in spite of the Sandy problems. You seem to have a good positive attitude which is always an asset in challenging situations. I am also glad everyone is safe.

Archived