what pier does Royal Caribbean dock at in Cozumel?

• 4 months later...
Can anyone tell me which of the three piers Royal Caribbean docks at in Cozumel? We are booking an excursion and they are wanting to know.

Thanks for any help.

We went on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas and were in Cozumel on March 9, 2013. We docked at the International Pier. I tried repeatedly to find the answer before our cruise too and even Royal Caribbean couldn't tell me which pier. So I made sure I would post this after our cruise. We had made a reservation with Payless Car Rental located in Hotel Barracuda so we wanted to know how far from the pier it was. It was a loooong walk....you can do it but at least a 20-30 minute walk. After we returned the rental car, the owner gave us a ride back to the pier. I hope this will help other Royal Caribbean cruisers on this ship and itinerary.

Things may have changed, but I've to Cozumel four times on RCI ships. The three that were Radiance class or smaller docked downtown, the fourth was Oasis and it docked at the International Pier.

It has been our experience after more than several RCI cruises on various classes of ships, (a majority of them on Radiance class ships), that we docked at International Pier. As Bob has said there can be occasions when their ships have to dock downtown (usually when a large number of ships are in Cozumel on the same day), but in all the times since 1983 we have been to Cozumel on RCI we have yet to dock downtown. Those are generally the exceptions that prove the rule. If you tell the tour operator which ship you will be on, they will know where you will dock.

We were just there and we docked at the International Pier, as shown above. Just a tip too... To get to the taxi stand, you have to go thru the market shops and out the other side to the street. Thru the market shops... I'm certain that is on purpose so that hopefully you'll buy something. :)

I've been to Cozumel umpteen times and always at International Pier for RCI. Here's a weekly schedule to check out:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Cruiseships

Or try this one:

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2012.html#.UJMaZUL3AzV

I think it takes some unusual conditions for RCI not to dock at TMM International.

Have fun.

These are really good references!!!! This information has been available to tour operators for some time. Just don't know why they don't know where their customers are coming ashore ;)

We were on Jewel B2B Feb. 25th and March 2nd - on the first trip it docked at the International Pier - the second trip it was at the downtown pier.

OP - we did the Cozumel Bar Hop and really had a good time - ENJOY!

These are really good references!!!! This information has been available to tour operators for some time. Just don't know why they don't know where their customers are coming ashore ;)

I believe that a subsequent post from the OP indicated that they hadn't told the tour operator which ship they would be on. Without that basic piece of information it is easy to understand the operator's dilemma:)

I believe that a subsequent post from the OP indicated that they hadn't told the tour operator which ship they would be on. Without that basic piece of information it is easy to understand the operator's dilemma:)

Sometimes there are even cruisers that don't know what ship they are on.:eek:

Saw Jewel downtown on March 5. Liberty and Mariner were at International.

We have found that leaving the whole crazy cab scene and walking about a block to where the cabs are waiting to get into the port is an effective way to quickly get a cab. They are glad to get going at that point.

Also- a note about too many crusie ships in town. Interestingly, we have noticed that the vendors stop their pitch after so many people have passed through. When we finally go into town, it is a more civilized experience because they are tired of doing it by then ( we guess). Last year we were able to choose our vendor in peace. Very nice.

We were on Jewel last week and we docked at International. I know a lot of people already commented on this but what I wanted to add was to be careful with private tours because they changed our dock time from 8am to 11am after we were already on the ship. They said it was because of rough seas. It did not seem any more rough than the other 3 times we docked in Cozumel so I found that strange.

What purpose is the photo for?

Are they supposed to describe what the dock looks like to the dive company?

ROFLMAO!! Awesome! U aint right (in a good way I mean .. LOL!) :p

We went on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas and were in Cozumel on March 9, 2013. We docked at the International Pier. I tried repeatedly to find the answer before our cruise too and even Royal Caribbean couldn't tell me which pier. So I made sure I would post this after our cruise. We had made a reservation with Payless Car Rental located in Hotel Barracuda so we wanted to know how far from the pier it was. It was a loooong walk....you can do it but at least a 20-30 minute walk. After we returned the rental car, the owner gave us a ride back to the pier. I hope this will help other Royal Caribbean cruisers on this ship and itinerary.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Thanks for taking the time to follow up with your experiences. Some people appreciate the effort. Even if others question the original thread starting 4 months ago.

Archived