Question about Upgrades

Besides a lot of luck, you have to hit the right circumstances.

Is your cruise during a popular time of year? Less likely to have open cabins.

Are there lots of HIGHER D+ or Pinnacle on your cruise. Too bad for you.

There are just a couple of possibilities.

In 20 cruises we have only have one upgrade. It was on last week's sailing on the Splendour.

We paid to upgrade to a gty balcony (from an inside) the Thursday morning before sailing--we were assigned an Owner's Suite!!!!!!!

I don't know how we got so lucky, but it sure was nice:)

Besides a lot of luck, you have to hit the right circumstances.

Is your cruise during a popular time of year? Less likely to have open cabins.

Are there lots of HIGHER D+ or Pinnacle on your cruise. Too bad for you.

There are just a couple of possibilities.

Believe me I'm not complaining that I'm D+ and never been upgraded. Cabin makes no difference to me, I'm just glad to be on a cruise.

Do I think the upgrade process is broken? Yes. Example is a couple years back on Radiance. My wife and I along with our friends were booked in balcony cabins (same cat.) Us D+ and they were platinum, about a 3 days prior to leaving that got a call from C&A asking if they would like an upgrade to a GS. No upgrade cost involved.

Believe me I'm not complaining that I'm D+ and never been upgraded. Cabin makes no difference to me, I'm just glad to be on a cruise.

Do I think the upgrade process is broken? Yes. Example is a couple years back on Radiance. My wife and I along with our friends were booked in balcony cabins (same cat.) Us D+ and they were platinum, about a 3 days prior to leaving that got a call from C&A asking if they would like an upgrade to a GS. No upgrade cost involved.

I don't think the upgrade process is broken, just different that it used to be. The revenue dept. seems to handle the bulk of upgrades, using a formula that is not published. There seems to be little or no staterooms left for the C&A department to allocate.

No, no double points for complimentary upgrades.

Never say never..;)

Got upgraded from a D to a JS on the FR in Sept..

PH8, Did you get double C&A credit points for being in a JS that was an complimentary upgrade?

That is what tahqa is saying no to.

Did you get double C&A credit points for being in a JS that was an complimentary upgrade?

That is what tahqa is saying no to.

You do not earn the extra points when you get a complimentary upgrade. You must have paid for the JS or above in order to qualify. If you are booked in a JS and get upgraded then you would receive the double points because you paid for the JS cabin.

From the C&A Member's Benefits Page under Footnote #14....

"One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category".

I do hope that they are not giving the extra points to those that are getting complimentary upgrades. That is just not fair.

I will plead the fifth because it upsets some..;)

Wouldn't it upset you if others got it but "you" didn't? :eek: Wouldn't it upset you if those that paid half of what a JS cost got upgraded to a JS and then got the double credits?

I think we've had this conversation before and you are well aware of my feeling on this subject. Glad you pleaded the 5th!!:D

Archived