Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Yes, you can but it depends on the cruise line. Carnival (I'm fairly certain) allows up to 12, under 20oz bottles/cans of juice, soda, water, energy drinks, etc...just can't contain alcohol. You can also bring on 2 bottles of wine (750ml bottle) per cabin. I'm pretty sure RCCL has the same policy.

Here is what I found with a quick search... it doesn't specify how much you can bring on-board but I'm sure it's in the fine print somewhere... regardless, yes, you can bring on non-alcoholic beverages.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333

Here is what I found with a quick search... it doesn't specify how much you can bring on-board but I'm sure it's in the fine print somewhere... regardless, yes, you can bring on non-alcoholic beverages.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333

Sorry, but that link actually specifies that you may NOT bring on any beer . liquor OR non-alcoholic beverages except for 2 bottle of wine per stateroom and only on embarkation day. It is misleading because in the next paragraph they state their right to check water bottles etc, which if you can't bring them on, then why do they need to check them??

Sorry, but that link actually specifies that you may NOT bring on any beer . liquor OR non-alcoholic beverages except for 2 bottle of wine per stateroom and only on embarkation day. It is misleading because in the next paragraph they state their right to check water bottles etc, which if you can't bring them on, then why do they need to check them??

I should just call royal and see what the policy is. Thank you both for the help!!

Yes, it implies that you can, but doesn't state that you can.

I totally read that wrong... Carnival's policy is totally different so I think my mind was reading what I wanted it to say. lol. I have no idea at this point... however, I've had no problems bringing on non-alcoholic beverages.

Unfortunately, we generally run into more than a few examples of ambiguous, contradictory, and imprecise language on the website.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the reply. One would think that 1500 ml of wine is 1500 ml of wine. They will be sealed so no question that they are wine. Guess we'll see what happens!

I don't think there will be a problem with three small wine boxes. I packed a 3L box in a suitcase and had to go to the naughty room, but was allowed to take it to our cabin. SB

• 3 months later...
Fellow cruiser just posted on rollcall that Royal has changed its policy and you can now carry two bottles of wine onboard ship for consumption. Subject to a corkage fee of $25 each.

Called RCCL and agent confirmed, policy change went into effect today.

We were on RCL cruises in September, 2013 and June, 2014. Could carry on 2 bottles and NO CORKAGE FEE. The corkage fee seems to apply to NCL cruises.

We were on RCL cruises in September, 2013 and June, 2014. Could carry on 2 bottles and NO CORKAGE FEE. The corkage fee seems to apply to NCL cruises.

Royal will only charge a corkage fee if the wine is brought to a public venue. Even then, they seem reluctant to charge.

Royal will only charge a corkage fee if the wine is brought to a public venue. Even then, they seem reluctant to charge.

I agree.

And I totally agree that Total Wines is the best place to shop for wine. Best variety, best prices.

Have a great cruise.

We always get the wine package, now it seems like they only offer glass not bottles. What is up with that. We love buying package with bottles as we can always bring one back to the room, now its glasses only?

The Wine & Dine package (with bottles) is still offered, see the second page of this:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

Edited by clarea

Just went back on and still is not offering bottles just wine by the glass. On our recent cruise we had the bottle option. Maybe they changed it for new cruises? I think when time comes I will call really do not like the new wine and dine thing.:confused:

Just went back on and still is not offering bottles just wine by the glass. On our recent cruise we had the bottle option. Maybe they changed it for new cruises? I think when time comes I will call really do not like the new wine and dine thing.:confused:

Don't worry, they are still selling bottles in a package. You can get it when you board, same price as online.

I agree.

And I totally agree that Total Wines is the best place to shop for wine. Best variety, best prices.

Have a great cruise.

Was there today to buy champagne to take on our cruise next week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

I haven't read every post...... so please forgve me if this is answered, but exactly how do you take it on board? I don't want it in my luggage, I can see it all over everything, Nor do I want to carry it around when I get on board because you could realistically have to wait quite some time for your room... Does anyone have suggestions, ideas or have heard officially?

I haven't read every post...... so please forgve me if this is answered, but exactly how do you take it on board? I don't want it in my luggage, I can see it all over everything, Nor do I want to carry it around when I get on board because you could realistically have to wait quite some time for your room... Does anyone have suggestions, ideas or have heard officially?

We use a tote bag.

If you don't want to put it in checked bags and you don't want to carry it around for long, then board after 1pm when the staterooms open.

We put them in our wheeled carryon. That leaves space for two bottles of whiskey when coming back home.