Adventure of the Seas - Currently Available

Explorer of the Seas - Currently Available

Enchantment of the Seas - 12/15/12

Serenade of the Seas - 12/27/12

Radiance of the Seas - 01/21/13

Rhapsody of the Seas - 01/23/13

Voyager of the Seas - 01/27/13

What about Liberty?

The fact this story was from a "couple of weeks ago" (when the wine policy just went into place and confusion reigned supreme) makes me wonder if this situation was isolated. We really need some more recent stories from those who have embarked within the last 1-2 weeks.

I went on FOS Dec 2 and carried 2 bottles of wine in my carry on. When it went through the scanner, they said 'Bottle check' and I had to wait until someone came over and verified that it was wine and the bottles were the 'legal' size. It took a couple of extra minutes but not bad and I didn't have to sign anything.

I was on Oasis for first two weeks of December and asked at the guest services and the Food & Beverage Manager about the alcohol packages and they said they don't have any except on a few international cruises in Europe.. None on Allure or Oasis.. PERIOD!!!.. They don't have them... I have used them on Celebrity a few times but RCCL doesn't have them except in Europe on a trial basis.[

QUOTE=Classynfun1;36252760]I was on the Oasis last week and didn't even hear about the package until the last sea day, randomly, from a bartender. He said, "I've seen you two at all the bars on the ship! How come you didn't buy the package??" To which I said, "after seeing my bar tab, you have to be kidding me..." We had been to every bar a couple of times on the ship and not once did we see or hear about this. The concierge didn't mention it either. We had a suite this cruise, so we did take advantage of the CL and the free drink happy hour a good amount, but if we had purchased the package we wouldn't have been in there nearly as much. Oh well - hope others hear about it earlier than we did! X's package still seems MUCH better.

Where did you get this information you posted.. I am a travel agent and have never heard of such a alcohol plan on RCCL.. Celebrity has had for awhile on their ships. Could i get the link from this "QUOTE" you posted.. can email it to me directly at copperrocktravel@gmail.com thanks

Bill..

I just spent two weeks on Oasis in the Aqua Theater Suite and had access to the F&B manager a few time during the cruise at private functions.. I asked him specifically about this alcohol plan that I have been hearing rumors about for a while and He said there is NO plan at this time.. Only on certain European sailings on a trial basis..

thanks

Where did you get this information you posted.. I am a travel agent and have never heard of such a alcohol plan on RCCL.. Celebrity has had for awhile on their ships. Could i get the link from this "QUOTE" you posted.. can email it to me directly at copperrocktravel@gmail.com thanks

Bill..

I just spent two weeks on Oasis in the Aqua Theater Suite and had access to the F&B manager a few time during the cruise at private functions.. I asked him specifically about this alcohol plan that I have been hearing rumors about for a while and He said there is NO plan at this time.. Only on certain European sailings on a trial basis..

thanks

We were offered an alcoholic drink plan on Independence last week, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale.

Boy, this thread sure got jumbled with a weird merge. :confused:

There seems to be a crapton of different experiences with regards to the wine situation. This is the first I've heard of people being routed to tables to sign forms, declare, sign more forms etc etc.

The fact this story was from a "couple of weeks ago" (when the wine policy just went into place and confusion reigned supreme) makes me wonder if this situation was isolated. We really need some more recent stories from those who have embarked within the last 1-2 weeks.

I boarded Jewel as a solo cruiser on December 8. My 2 wine bottles sailed through in my carryon, but my open bottle of water went into the trash. I was able to refill in Key West with no problem.

Bill..

thanks

Very strange. I was the poster who first reported on the alcohol package and the info came from a friend of mine who works onboard Oasis. He called the day they were starting the program and that was a few weeks ago. If you are a TA, then head to Cruising Power and you can pull up the flyer with all the details, or you can search these boards for the same info.

:Thanks i just found the press release dated Dec 12th on Cruising Power...

funny the F&B manager didn't say a word when i asked him while i was on board Dec 1-15th.. maybe he hadn't gotten the word yet..

It's still very strange that the F&B Manager didn't know anything about it when you sailed. OA was the first ship to roll out the new packages in the US and they started selling them in Nov, with all ships following suit on their next turn around day. :confused:

Of course, in typical RCCl fashion, they did not formally announce the program for several weeks.

Edited by Loyal2RCCL

Just back from Navigator OTS, sailing out of NOLA, and had no problem at all taking our wine on-board. We had each bottle wrapped in the store's plastic bag for protection during transport. We look the two bottles out of my backpack, left them in the store's bag, put them on the belt right behind my backpack, and sailed straight through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those of you interested in what's happening on the other side of the fence:

Carnival Cruise Lines has imposed an official 15 alcoholic drink limit on its Cheers! beverage program. According to a Carnival spokesman, "Guests are limited to 15 drinks total within the 24 hour period, which runs from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m. the following day. Sodas and other applicable nonalcoholic beverages will remain unlimited and will not be counted toward the 15 alcoholic beverage limit."

For those of you interested in what's happening on the other side of the fence:

At $42/day it's still worth it, but at $2.80/beverage it certainly starts to marginalize it's value with the new limits.

I wonder if it's a dollars and cents thing, or if it's a "too many people getting piss drunk and causing problems" thing for Carnival.

At $42/day it's still worth it, but at $2.80/beverage it certainly starts to marginalize it's value with the new limits.

I wonder if it's a dollars and cents thing, or if it's a "too many people getting piss drunk and causing problems" thing for Carnival.

You can get more than 15 drinks, but any over that number get charged to your account.

You can get more than 15 drinks, but any over that number get charged to your account.

...which will really slow people down. Potential problem solved.

I'm sure this is partly a result of both issues - $$$ and intoxication. Probably more $$$ though.

Carnival Cruise Lines has imposed an official 15 alcoholic drink limit on its Cheers! beverage program. According to a Carnival spokesman, "Guests are limited to 15 drinks total within the 24 hour period, which runs from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m. the following day. Sodas and other applicable nonalcoholic beverages will remain unlimited and will not be counted toward the 15 alcoholic beverage limit."

On Carnival I'd think that would be a minimum! ;)