Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Just a random thought: as much as I hate to admit it, I think RCI has priced this just about right. There is a clear divergence of opinion on these boards as to whether it is worth it to buy. What that means to me is that they have included just enough to entice people to buy but not too much to make it too valuable. If everyone was planning on purchasing, then clearly it was too good a bargain. If no one was interested, then they made it too expensive. However, since people really seem to be struggling as to whether it is worth it and what extra would make them want to buy it, it seems like they hit the nail on the head.

The package is not worth it for long, port-intensive cruises and certainly not worth it for couples that only have one drinker. The package is best for couples where both drink a good amount and especially so on shorter cruises with more sea days.

Just a random thought: as much as I hate to admit it, I think RCI has priced this just about right. There is a clear divergence of opinion on these boards as to whether it is worth it to buy. What that means to me is that they have included just enough to entice people to buy but not too much to make it too valuable. If everyone was planning on purchasing, then clearly it was too good a bargain. If no one was interested, then they made it too expensive. However, since people really seem to be struggling as to whether it is worth it and what extra would make them want to buy it, it seems like they hit the nail on the head.

The package is not worth it for long, port-intensive cruises and certainly not worth it for couples that only have one drinker. The package is best for couples where both drink a good amount and especially so on shorter cruises with more sea days.

Couldn't have said it better.

Andrew

I an anxious to know if the alcohol package includes the cups for soda since it says it includes fountain soda. We had booked soda packages for our upcoming cruise, but cancelled them because we will now get the alcohol package, and assumed the soda cups would be included in that package. I hope I'm right!

If the alcohol package includes soda, do you get a insulated cup too?

What if I've already purchased a soda package for an upcoming cruise, can I swap it out for the alcohol pkg I guess?

I may have lucked up... if each person (over 21) has to buy the package, then its just one for me... my roommate is my 7 year old... my wife and daughter are in the connecting cabin.

Is this on Allure too now or just Oasis?

I've got the same question. We made that assumption and cancelled our soda packages, but now I'm questioning whether our assumption is true.

I am hoping you would... or the use of freestyle coke machines would be out... since they are 'cup-activated'

Can you buy the alcohol pkg online or just onboard?

Edited by mad-dog74

You can only buy the alcohol package on board right now. Ya, I want to use the coke freestyle machine which is why I want a cup! We are leaving next Sunday on the Allure and we'll report back with the details. I would have thought we'd have more details by now.

Edited by Katey3

If the alcohol package includes soda, do you get a insulated cup too?

I've never gotten the soda package on RCI before. Is it a big deal if you don't get the cup? I know it is easier, since you don't have to wait for the bartender, but it seems like a nuisance to have to carry around.

I've never gotten the soda package on RCI before. Is it a big deal if you don't get the cup? I know it is easier, since you don't have to wait for the bartender, but it seems like a nuisance to have to carry around.

If you don't get the cup, you can't use the coke freestyle machine or the soda fountain machines at the pools. The cups have an electric chip in the bottom of them that the machine reads, which activates the machine. This is the only way you can get soda out of the machines. Otherwise, you'd always have to get the soda from the bar. I think it's more convenient to have the cup.

I called RCCL last night and they told me they did not offer alcohol packages... shows what they know.

I bought my soda packages online. Wonder if they can swap them out onboard or do i need to cancel it?

I'm sure they have some sort of "swap out" thing on board. We just cancelled ours so we wouldn't have to deal with trying to swap out the soda package. We figured if anything was weird with the alcohol package, or we decided we didn't want it once we got on board, we could always repurchase the soda package on board.

Which to me says that it is overpriced. The people that would get value out of it are those that would probably spend just as much, if not more on an a la carte basis. I think these packages are designed to get enough of the inbetweeners to make the venture profitable. From what I've read, the only people who have expressed interest (given that there is no specialty coffees, bottled waters, canned drinks, and limited variety of wines) are those that will likely consume alcohol in large amounts.

Add to the fact consumers are going to have to pay for beverages that are included in these packages on other lines (Celebrity, for example), and I don't think this represents fair value at all.

I am booked on a B2B for Allure followed by Celebrity Silhouette. I will purchase the package on the latter, most definitely not on the former (barring some amendments to the package).

I agree with you:eek::eek::eek:

And it is unfair when responsible choices are not respected.:mad:

Not sure how they can to fix this though. It's a tough one. Like you said, cheaters will find a way.

They don't have to wonder or guess whether people will cheat.

When they rolled this out on the Independence a year and a half ago, they INSTANTLY had a huge problem with "cheating".

They aren't stupid. They are business people, and they are protecting their business model.

I agree with you. It may not be for everyone but for us, it seems reasonable. It is slightly more money than we would spend normally for soda and drinks but I like the idea of a fixed price. It will be nice to relax about the budget.

They aren't stupid. They are business people, and they are protecting their business model.

Then I'd love for them to stop everyone rolling on soda and water on embarkation day since the rules they set forth say that you can not!!

If I have to pay for the people that cheat because of alcohol sharing-maybe they could make some more money off all those cases of soda and water being hauled on the ship daily!!! If they can bring water and soda on-why should I not be able to bring a bottle of Vodka? My favorite flavored kind of course.

I know-let it rip................:p

Edited by Debde

On freedom now. Currently this is what you get.

Alcohol package includes almost all beer below 7 dollars. Most liquors and cocktails. Does not include the freestyle cup or the machine, only soda and juices from the gun/nozzle at the bars.

No bottled water, and no specialty coffees, no canned sodas.

Clay

On freedom now. Currently this is what you get.

Alcohol package includes almost all beer below 7 dollars. Most liquors and cocktails. Does not include the freestyle cup or the machine, only soda and juices from the gun/nozzle at the bars.

No bottled water, and no specialty coffees, no canned sodas.

Clay

Clay,

Was there more then one alcohol package or just the one for $55.?

Clay,

Was there more then one alcohol package or just the one for $55.?

The only other alcohol package is the beer and wine package. To clarify, the premium package is exactly the same as the beer and wine, but adds the liquors. I am not sure if the beer package includes the fountain gun drinks at the bars but the premium does.

Clay

The only other alcohol package is the beer and wine package. To clarify, the premium package is exactly the same as the beer and wine, but adds the liquors. I am not sure if the beer package includes the fountain gun drinks at the bars but the premium does.

Clay

So the beer and wine package was still $55?

Just got this from C&A, although this looks like the information for the UK-based program, as it does not mention any of the U.S. ships that we know are currently offering the package. Their description of what is included seems close--but not identical--to what others have been describing the current package to offer.

Royal Caribbean International is now offering two alcoholic beverage package

options on select ships, giving guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive

beverage experience during their cruise vacation. Below is an overview of these

options:

-The Beer Package

$45.00 per guest per day

All beer brands are included in this package, as well as a 25% discount on

cocktails and wines.

-The Premium Package

$55.00 per guest per day

The premium brand liquors are included in this package, as well as frozen drinks

and champagne cocktails. All beer brands and wines by the glass up to $10.00 are

included as well. A 25% discount is offered on specialty liquor brands, as well

as wines by the bottle and glasses of wine priced over $10.00.

The alcoholic beverage packages are only available on the Independence of the

Seas, the Grandeur of the Seas, the Legend of the Seas and the Splendour of the

Seas. Kindly note, the packages are only available for purchase onboard and the

prices are subject to change without notice. Please check onboard to see what

drink packages they might be offering.