Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Just a bit of advice about it not being in your checked luggage: If something should happen and the bottle crack and/or break, your clothes are going to smell like wine and you won't have anything to drink away your sorrows:D I would put it in my carry-on.

Just a bit of advice about it not being in your checked luggage: If something should happen and the bottle crack and/or break, your clothes are going to smell like wine and you won't have anything to drink away your sorrows:D I would put it in my carry-on.

That's why I use these: http://winediaper.com/wine-diaper-products.html

Did you pour your wine into one of the bar's wine glasses, or did you use the glasses they provide in the state rooms? Just wondering how to handle that when I leave out on Oasis this Saturday. Thanks in advance!

I borrowed a wine glass from the bar.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Is it two bottles per stateroom or per person?

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? s.gif

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Edited by galavant3

I am bummed that it limits to 2 per stateroom. We have a grand-suite that accommodates 4. We are all over 21, it seems we should each be able to bring one bottle.

Understandable, but last year at this time we couldn't bring any wine on board, so it's a step in the right direction.

This is fabulous news!! Anyone ever have problems taking their own corkscrew on to open the bottles (in our stateroom of course)?

we have always carried on bottles of wine (1 per person). never had a problem. we also brought our own small corkscrew and then just asked the room steward for wine glasses. I found they usually have their own corkscrew with them just in case you forget yours.

I am bummed that it limits to 2 per stateroom. We have a grand-suite that accommodates 4. We are all over 21, it seems we should each be able to bring one bottle.

I haven't seen security try to match people up by cabin as their bags go through the scanner. Just sayin'...

Edited by critterchick

We were on the June 23 Freedom of the Seas. I had 2 bottles of wine in my carry-on and my husband had 2 bottles in his book bag. No one even opened the bags and I'm not sure they knew we were "together".

• 6 months later...
Has anyone brought 3 of the 500 ml wine boxes instead of 2 750 ml bottles?

They would be much easier to pack on an airplane.

The rule says two bottles up to 750ml each, not 1.5L total. The rules might allow two boxes on (although they're technically not bottles), but not 3.

Edited by ahecht

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I know this is kind of off topic but is there a limit of bottled water or juice you can bring onboard with you? Can you bring any at all? I know it's offered in the alcohol packages but I'd rather bring my own on. Is that possible?

It is technically not allowed, but they usually turn a blind eye to water or soda or juice. They may check the containers for "suspicious liquids." And during spring break, they are much stricter.

I know this is kind of off topic but is there a limit of bottled water or juice you can bring onboard with you? Can you bring any at all? I know it's offered in the alcohol packages but I'd rather bring my own on. Is that possible?

Yes, you can but it depends on the cruise line. Carnival (I'm fairly certain) allows up to 12, under 20oz bottles/cans of juice, soda, water, energy drinks, etc...just can't contain alcohol. You can also bring on 2 bottles of wine (750ml bottle) per cabin. I'm pretty sure RCCL has the same policy.