Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

See, i would take that as "ooh i've got 15 drinks, best start drinking then!"

Normally i'd only have 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks, but if i paid for the drinks package, i'd want my moneys worth, so i would probably try and have all 15 drinks!

This would cause me to be piss drunk, which i wouldn't usually be if there was no limit and i drunk more sensibly!

See, i would take that as "ooh i've got 15 drinks, best start drinking then!"

Normally i'd only have 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks, but if i paid for the drinks package, i'd want my moneys worth, so i would probably try and have all 15 drinks!

This would cause me to be piss drunk, which i wouldn't usually be if there was no limit and i drunk more sensibly!

15 drinks per day is a lot, even for a heavy drinker. And if they were really concerned about intoxication, they would have made the limit far less than 15. I think this policy is driven primarily by financial concerns; 15 drinks is a lot for one person, but it might not be that much if two or three people are trying to "split" the package.

Sorry if asked & answered already, but the thread is 58 pages long:

the 2 free bottles per stateroom is for wine. Does anybody know whether you may take 2 bottles of champagne (sparkling wine) instead in your carry-on for consumption in stateroom?

You can take either wine or champagne.

Sorry if asked & answered already, but the thread is 58 pages long:

the 2 free bottles per stateroom is for wine. Does anybody know whether you may take 2 bottles of champagne (sparkling wine) instead in your carry-on for consumption in stateroom?

I have taken champagne with no problem

So, if the 2 bottles need to be in my carry on, I have to carry them with me all day, thru out the ship, until my room is available?

The wine bottles are not required to be in your carry-on, it's just that many people feel it's a better way to do it. You are correct that any carry on must stay with you until your stateroom is available about 1pm.

Hi I've already asked on all things FOS but not reply so I thought i'd try here.

Do they have Moscotto on FOS? if not I'll probably bring on the 2 bottes of wine.

Do they have the buckets of beer still or instead of beer like some sort of coolers?? do they deliver to the cabin?? Any way to get a bottle of Captains rum or something like that delivered to the cabin?? I think on Carnival i was able to use bonvoyage to deliver.

thnaks

treefrog

No you can't order bottles of rum to your room on FOS, or any RCI ship. You can buy bottles in the tax free shop on board and they are delivered to your room the last night (with the assumption that they will be unopened and leave the ship that way--I'm guessing)

Never had a problem with my Swiss army knife (two blades in there)

I was thinking airport security...but then really did think they would be the same that no knife is allowed to go through checkpoint unless you check your bag in that is through the airport....I am surprised cruise line allowes you to have a knife.

I am surprised cruise line allowes you to have a knife.

Why would this surprise you?

I assume you get your hands on several knifes in the dining room/restaurants every time you eat, so if you wanted to stab someone you wouldn't exactly have to pack your own.. ;-)

I'm curious about how some people have talked about being called to the naughty room to confirm that the bottle in their luggage is wine. How do they do that? Just look at the bottle? I would say that that would confirm only that it was a wine bottle. I mean, how many people (none on these boards of course ;)) have put booze in mouthwash bottles and called it mouthwash? Just saying.

I'm curious about how some people have talked about being called to the naughty room to confirm that the bottle in their luggage is wine. How do they do that? Just look at the bottle? I would say that that would confirm only that it was a wine bottle. I mean, how many people (none on these boards of course ;)) have put booze in mouthwash bottles and called it mouthwash? Just saying.

And people have been called to the naughty room to prove that really large mouthwash bottle really does contain mouthwash. Same with the wine bottles. The x-Ray doesn't show what's inside the bottles so it's best to carry them on.

And people have been called to the naughty room to prove that really large mouthwash bottle really does contain mouthwash. Same with the wine bottles. The x-Ray doesn't show what's inside the bottles so it's best to carry them on.

Okay, but how does one prove that? Do they open it up and sniff it or what? Don't get me wrong, I plan to carry on my wine but it would make me rather angry if they popped it open to prove it was wine!

Edited by JulieRose

I was thinking airport security...but then really did think they would be the same that no knife is allowed to go through checkpoint unless you check your bag in that is through the airport....I am surprised cruise line allowes you to have a knife.

Why would this surprise you?

I assume you get your hands on several knifes in the dining room/restaurants every time you eat, so if you wanted to stab someone you wouldn't exactly have to pack your own.. ;-)

I don’t carry it in my hand baggage :D that would be a real bad idea…I put in with our toiletries in the checked baggage. Never had it taken away, even let it lying around in the cabin, room attendant never said anything.