So We've Been Getting All These Brochures!

truckmaker

So we've been getting all these brochures and, at the urging of our very excellent TA, have booked a 2014 cruise aboard the Marina from Papeete to Callao. And yes, all those realy pretty pictures in the glossy brochures centainly helped with the decision. I do have a question since we are first time O cruisers but have cruised on RCL, Princess, and others quite a bit. Hopefully I don't stir up a kettle of worms but my question is dress. (I know I'm sorry buit I don't know!) On Princess and RCL the formal night attire is jacket and tie. I wear a blazer and feel comfortable. Is this the practice on O? What about non-formal nights? From the looks of the brochure most nights the men seem to have coats. Is this normal practice?

Thanks in advance for any information in this regard.

So we've been getting all these brochures and, at the urging of our very excellent TA, have booked a 2014 cruise aboard the Marina from Papeete to Callao. And yes, all those realy pretty pictures in the glossy brochures centainly helped with the decision. I do have a question since we are first time O cruisers but have cruised on RCL, Princess, and others quite a bit. Hopefully I don't stir up a kettle of worms but my question is dress. (I know I'm sorry buit I don't know!) On Princess and RCL the formal night attire is jacket and tie. I wear a blazer and feel comfortable. Is this the practice on O? What about non-formal nights? From the looks of the brochure most nights the men seem to have coats. Is this normal practice?

Thanks in advance for any information in this regard.

You need to READ those brochures as well as look at the pretty pictures.

First of all, there aren't any formal nights on Oceania.

Men may wear a jacket if that is their preference, but none are ever required.

There are no formal nights on Oceania. All are Country Club Casual. If you feel comfortable in a jacket, where one but it is not required or expected. In our experience few men where jackets most are in nice collared shirts and slacks.

As others have said...no formal nights, zip, no captains hoopte doop gala.

A golf shirt and pair of slacks. Sport coat maybe . oh and shoes with sox is as formal at Oceania gets. The casual, relaxed elegance, the relaxed passengers, are the real treat you may discover over and above the ports ! ....and no kids club either on this welcoming ship... .

Dockers, or similar pants, and a polo shirt (as in - long pants which are not jeans and shirts with sleeves and a collar) are considered "country club casual". Sometimes a sport jacket is helpful if you get chilled indoors, because there are areas where the air conditioning is full blast. My husband sometimes likes wearing a sport jacket to just feel a bit more dressed up in the specialty restaurants, but it's absolutely not required. Oh, and no flip flops or sandals for the gentlemen, although dressy sandals are ok for the ladies, in the restaurants. There was also a thread a while back about not wearing hats, of any type, in the restaurants, but then that's just common courtesy - or it used to be (guess I'm showing my age).

If you like to dress up, feel free, but it is absolutely not required. The photos you see in the brochures are far "dressier" than you will generally see aboard.

Our first cruise was on Riviera Oct. 4, 2012 Venice to Athens. We assumed from the pictures that no one wore shorts or jeans, which is untrue. During the day Bermuda shorts and tee shirts are not unusual, nor are jeans, but not for dinner. The pictures you see in the brochures are more typical of after 6:00 p.m., in the restaurants.

Our first cruise was on Riviera Oct. 4, 2012 Venice to Athens. We assumed from the pictures that no one wore shorts or jeans, which is untrue. During the day Bermuda shorts and tee shirts are not unusual, nor are jeans, but not for dinner. The pictures you see in the brochures are more typical of after 6:00 p.m., in the restaurants.

And since they are all professional models not really typical..

Jancruz1

I always thought that "Antique" meant one hundred years or older...Perhaps you mean "vintage". Which can be very beautiful

Ah, yes. I prefer vintage too. But some days I feel "antique":):(

Archived