best place to eat when embarking on the Allure

the kids

Sailing on the Allure next few weeks and would like to know which is the easiest place to obtain lunch when we board. We are platinum members that would arrive at the pier around 11:00am. We heard of jam ups in the Windjammer so anyones past experience would be helpful. Thanks

Sailing on the Allure next few weeks and would like to know which is the easiest place to obtain lunch when we board. We are platinum members that would arrive at the pier around 11:00am. We heard of jam ups in the Windjammer so anyones past experience would be helpful. Thanks

On recommendation from another thread here the wife and I have a 12 pm reservation at Giovanni's Table for lunch on embarkation day on our Oasis of the Seas Feb. cruise.

On recommendation from another thread here the wife and I have a 12 pm reservation at Giovanni's Table for lunch on embarkation day on our Oasis of the Seas Feb. cruise.

How far out were you able to make this reservation??

So confused about this reservation issue.

Thanks

Safe travels

Sue and crew

We were on Allure in October and booked Giovanni's Table for embarkation lunch at 12 noon. It was gorgeous. :) We booked through the website under speciality restaurants.This opened up for us online around 45 days prior to embarkation although I have read that it usually opens up 90 days out. We finished lunch around 1:30pm and went straight to our cabin to dump our bags before exploring the ship. We had arrived at terminal 18 at 11am. They started boarding around 11:15am and we were on board by 11:30am. We felt that our 12 o'clock lunch reservation was a perfect time. The restaurant was quiet, fantastic service and food. A great way to begin the holiday. I would highly recommend.

How far out were you able to make this reservation??

Made the reservation a couple of days ago when I saw they were finally working, so around 110 days out.

We also reserved Chef's Table. We wanted it on Sunday night but those were already gone so we will doing the Chef's Table meal on embarkation day. I'd say book early if you want to do it.

In September, we had tapas in Vintages for lunch on embarkation day. We were the only people in there, and made good friends with the servers...we were well taken care of every time we stopped in for a glass of wine the remainder of the week, and we found the tapas to be among some of the best food on the ship. We ordered one of the tapas samplers for about $12. It was enough food for a light lunch for 4 people...more than the 2 of us could eat on our own. You can also order individual tapas if the sampler options don't appeal to you.

So to recap we have the following suggestions for Embarkation Lunch other than the buffet at the Windjammer Cafe:

- Park Cafe

- Sorrento's

- Boardwalk Dog Hose

- Giovanni's Table

- Solarium Bistro

- Vintages

- Johnny Rockets

Lots of variety, lots of choices! :D

• 2 months later...
So to recap we have the following suggestions for Embarkation Lunch other than the buffet at the Windjammer Cafe:

- Park Cafe

- Sorrento's

- Boardwalk Dog Hose

- Giovanni's Table

- Solarium Bistro

- Vintages

- Johnny Rockets

Lots of variety, lots of choices! :D

Can you tell me if Johnny Rocket's is open? Others have said it doesn't open till after leaving port?

Archived