Carnival Legend Europe Cruises Cancelled

CupKayke

Thanks, I did call back yesterday and they got my deposit transferred over. The first agent did the booking but said we'd have to get the deposit thing fixed by the next day or the booking would be canceled. When I called the next day, I was told there was some sort of glitch in the system that they had been trying to get figured out. But they did get the deposit moved over.

I think they actually also put my FCC OBC in as part of the deposit-- I think I only paid $400/person deposit ($800 total) but the new deposit paid shows $900 and no mention of the onboard credit. I was confused, and I also forgot to ask to make sure about the $200/cabin OBC when I called back the second time, so I'll have to call again to verify that.

We were supposed to be on the Legend 10/31 and TA. Got a call from Carnival yesterday trying to help us switch over to the Sunshine. The person I talked to said they were having problems with their computers and she was not able to complete the booking. She is going to call us back on Friday to hopefully take care of it. Sure will be glad when it is done.

Has anyone else been affected by this yet or any other new dates cancelled?

Nothing yet, however, I am concerned. We are booked on the Legend 8/20/13 Baltics cruise. I checked a website that shows ships availabilty of categories per sailing (giving one an idea of #of categories sold) and it appears to me that both the Legend & the Sunshine are not selling well, at least compared to NCL & RCI sailings for similar itineraries. I also received, as I am sure others did as well, a survey from Carnival on the interest in various european cruises. But more concerning is that there are no excursions for most of the Baltic Ports yet on the Carnival website. I just have a feeling that Carnival may be rethinking their positioning of the two ships in Europe for next year and may make some additional changes or cancellations. I hope not. We already bought our airfare as we were able to find award tickets (miles for one ticket) and decided to grab it while it was available. But this meant buying the other ticket in order to ensure we would travel together & the routing was good as well. So, fingers crossed.

[quote name='cruise52']Nothing yet, however, I am concerned. We are booked on the Legend 8/20/13 Baltics cruise. I checked a website that shows ships availabilty of categories per sailing (giving one an idea of #of categories sold) and it appears to me that both the Legend & the Sunshine are not selling well, at least compared to NCL & RCI sailings for similar itineraries. I also received, as I am sure others did as well, a survey from Carnival on the interest in various european cruises. But more concerning is that there are no excursions for most of the Baltic Ports yet on the Carnival website. I just have a feeling that Carnival may be rethinking their positioning of the two ships in Europe for next year and may make some additional changes or cancellations. I hope not. We already bought our airfare as we were able to find award tickets (miles for one ticket) and decided to grab it while it was available. But this meant buying the other ticket in order to ensure we would travel together & the routing was good as well. So, fingers crossed.[/quote]

[B][COLOR=navy]Well then they should just get the DestinySunshine back here in the USA and leave Legend there by itself.[/COLOR][/B]

Archived