Carnival Legend Europe Cruises Cancelled

CupKayke

We're booked on the July 27th Baltic cruise. I wonder why they'd want to cross the Atlantic during hurricane season or add additional Caribbean cruises during hurricane season? I really wonder what the reasoning is behind this decision?

Odd explanation over on Facebook. "Strong Caribbean demand and there's already a ship in Europe". Apologies!

I feel sorry for those who were scheduled on the cruises that got cancelled. I have not had a cruise cancelled yet.

I love the Legend and have sailed 3X on her. Now will have to look into the Repositioning cruise NYC to Tampa. Only One-Way air fare to worry about.....Karen

I feel so bad for all of you that have made plans and reservations....ours was just the simple four day from Tampa, so not a big deal...was just looking forward to a short cruise and that amazing balcony.

I hope that each of you are able to make the changes that are best for you and all comes out well.

This is upsetting:(. Even though I'm not on one of these particular cruises (We are booked for May 4' date=' 2013 Legend), I feel bad for those who have already paid airline tickets. I know our air tickets cost more than the cruise. And we've already paid for hotels pre/post cruise. The future cruise credit wouldn't be close.

Could this happen to other cruises?:(:confused::([/quote']

2 of those cruises are 330 days out...so airfare not yet available for them.

Is CCL giving a payment for those who did book airfare and will now have to reschedule?

Isn't the rescheduling fee something like $200 even on a nonrefundable ticket?

It is a long way off....there are other ships...and the airlines should be able to work with the pax to reschedule.

also...this is an excellent reason to purchase the proper travel insurance and to pay for it within 14 days of the initial booking.....if..and I doubt it...the pax should lose all of their airfare cost...then travel insurance should be helpful.

I am sure to be corrected on this point by other posters.....but pax on the cancelled cruises do have options.

who knows--we are booked on--april 12--13 cruise---the way things are going in europe---it is terrible. Today it showed rioting in spain--in just the areas we are supposed to go----we too may cancel----irene and john--

My family..either all of us..or individual kids...have been to Europe every single summer for the past 5 years....and every summer it was something or another.....all over hyped by the media to get you to buy their newspaper...subscribe to their website...or tune into their TV channel....

Europe will be mobbed with tourists next summer and every summer thereafter....and it will be business as usual...

of course if you have the luxury to wait it out a decade or so (we don't as the family is growing up too fast and we are not looking forward to seeing Europe without the kids in tow...):D

then maybe things will get better...but it will never be a total fairy tale land over there...never has been

it is just a personal choice to go or not and depends on how badly you want to go....

IMHO... Rome is the center of the universe and all of the surrounding areas in Europe are just as magnificent....and worth spending my last dime to see....but thankfully that is not the case..hehe:D:p

Nothing will stop us....

I am on with another person at Carnival...they have changed my reservation and applied my deposit as a payment and now saying that I owe them a $400 deposit before the end of the day or it will cancel! Gee what a mess they have going right now! The gentleman also just informed me that the Legend cruise for 11/2713 has been chartered! And they want to charge me another $400!:eek::rolleyes::D

We're keeping everything crossed that they don't cancel this cruise, as its the last cruise in Europe before the TA - - and we've already booked EVERYTHING - airfares, hotels & all. :(:confused::eek: I know, the moral of the story - - don't book airfares too soon, but with the cost of flights from Australia, you grab a "so called bargain" fare when you can. :D

I hope their scheduled plans don't include now changing this cruise - who else is cruising then? and how far are you into bookings etc??

I have booked BtoB for Sept.1st and 13th. I think it will be okay as they already have the transatlantic in place to follow on. Like you, I've booked air and hotels already.

I have booked BtoB for Sept.1st and 13th. I think it will be okay as they already have the transatlantic in place to follow on. Like you, I've booked air and hotels already.

We are also booked on those two plus the 25th..Guess we'll just cancal our apt in Barcelona and do the trans-atlantic and maybe the 11 day to Tampa since our car will be in Orlando..We never received the e-mail from Carnival nor has our TA ..Great way to do business...Dennis

Carnival had planned to do the Funship 2.0 upgrades for the Legend in 2013 but didn't block out any time to do it. They said a few months ago that the upgrade would not be done before the Europe cruises so now I know how they plan to get it done.

Legend Dry Dock Schedule

Maintenance Schedule

· Dry-dock: 4/12/05-4/27/05

· Dry-dock: 1/06/08-1/19/08

· Dry-dock: 2/06/11-2/20/11

· Dry-dock: 1/19/14-2/02/14

This is for the cruise leaving New York on Oct. 10, 2013 for an 11 day cruise.

Day Port of Call Arrival Time Depart Time

Thu New York, NY 04:00 PM

Fri Fun Day At Sea

Sat Fun Day At Sea

Sun Grand Turk 09:00 AM 05:00 PM

Mon Fun Day At Sea

Tue Aruba 09:00 AM 06:00 PM

Wed Curacao 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Thu Fun Day At Sea

Fri Ocho Rios, Jamaica 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sat Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Mon Tampa, FL 08:00 AM

This is for the cruise leaving Oct. 21, 2013 from Tampa for a 5 day cruise.

Mon Tampa, FL 04:00 PM

Tue Fun Day At Sea

Wed Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 08:00 AM 03:00 PM

Thu Cozumel, Mexico 11:00 AM 08:00 PM

Fri Fun Day At Sea

Sat Tampa, FL 08:00 AM

This is for the cruise leaving on Oct. 26, 2013 from Tampa. This is a special 8 day cruise.

Sat Tampa, FL 04:00 PM

Sun Fun Day At Sea

Mon Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 08:00 AM 04:00 PM

Tue Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan 10:00 AM 06:00 PM

Wed Belize 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Thu Costa Maya, Mexico 08:00 AM 03:00 PM

Fri Cozumel, Mexico 08:00 AM 04:00 PM

Sat Fun Day At Sea

Sun Tampa, FL 08:00 AM

This is for the cruise leaving New York on Oct. 10, 2013 for an 11 day cruise.

Thu New York, NY 04:00 PM

Tue Aruba 09:00 AM 06:00 PM

Wed Curacao 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Mon Tampa, FL 08:00 AM

HMMMM Interesting .. since Legend will be calling In Aruba and Curacao it would be possible {legal and not breaking the Jones Act archaic laws.} for someone to book a B2B TA to NYC followed by NYC to Tampa.

We are also booked on those two plus the 25th..Guess we'll just cancal our apt in Barcelona and do the trans-atlantic and maybe the 11 day to Tampa since our car will be in Orlando..We never received the e-mail from Carnival nor has our TA ..Great way to do business...Dennis
I'd love to do the transatlantic. Timing's off for us at this stage. I'm just hoping there's enough bookings on the Baltic cruises to justify taking Legend across the Atlantic altogether and we don't get canceled.

Do we have the Transatlantic itinerary?

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Wed Sep 25 London (Dover), England 5:00pm

Thu Sep 26 At Sea

Fri Sep 27 Dublin, Ireland 7:00am 8:00pm

Sat Sep 28 Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland 8:00am 7:00pm

Sun Sep 29 Belfast, Northern Ireland 7:00am 5:00pm

Mon Sep 30 At Sea

Tue Oct 1 Reykjavik, Iceland Noon 11:00pm

Wed Oct 2 At Sea

Thu Oct 3 At Sea

Fri Oct 4 Qaqortoq, Greenland 7:00am 5:00pm

Sat Oct 5 At Sea

Sun Oct 6 At Sea

Mon Oct 7 St. John's, NL, Canada 8:00am 4:00pm

Tue Oct 8 At Sea

Wed Oct 9 At Sea

Thu Oct 10 New York (Manhattan), NY 8:00am

Oh wow. That will sell. RCCL's Northern Transatlantic sells out fast every year. What an awesome itinerary. Where is this info? Any idea when these will be released for booking?

I about flipped reading that. I just called. We can book now. Rates are good, IMHO. I am talking to my husband tonight but this is probably going to be a no-brainer for us!

Archived