Fri Oct 4 Qaqortoq, Greenland 7:00am 5:00pm

Sat Oct 5 At Sea

Sun Oct 6 At Sea

Mon Oct 7 St. John's, NL, Canada 8:00am 4:00pm

Tue Oct 8 At Sea

Wed Oct 9 At Sea

Thu Oct 10 New York (Manhattan), NY 8:00am

That really is a very nice itin.

Oh wow. That will sell. RCCL's Northern Transatlantic sells out fast every year. What an awesome itinerary. Where is this info? Any idea when these will be released for booking?

I'm surprised they have it listed already as they gave those who were already booked 10 days to decide wheather to book this or cancel..I have this booked as a B2B2B and have not decided what yet to do...I'll prob do the Ta and the NYC to Tampa as my car will be in Orlando..That means I'll be on the Legend 50 days ...I love the Spirit class ships......Dennis

Odd explanation over on Facebook. "Strong Caribbean demand and there's already a ship in Europe". Apologies!

The Legend cruises were cancelled for the same reason the Liberty in the Med was cancelled a few years ago.

They weren't selling.

Big surprise....I just called and the girl I got knew nothing. Sigh.

I talked to FIVE people today before I got someone who knew enough to transfer our booking! :rolleyes: Once everything was booked they told me to wait 24 to 48 hours before the $200 OBC for booking within 10 days would show-up because they were clueless of that actually being offered ~ and since my other credits showed-up just fine, I can't help but wonder if another phone will need to be made this weekend. :confused:

By the way, the OBC for shareholders is $250!! NICE.

I'm surprised they have it listed already as they gave those who were already booked 10 days to decide wheather to book this or cancel..I have this booked as a B2B2B and have not decided what yet to do...I'll prob do the Ta and the NYC to Tampa as my car will be in Orlando..That means I'll be on the Legend 50 days ...I love the Spirit class ships......Dennis
Dennis, that sounds like a fantastic trip! I need to get myself to retirement and/or hit the lottery.:p

Dennis, that sounds like a fantastic trip! I need to get myself to retirement and/or hit the lottery.:p

This is Carolyn, Dennis' wife. Our Travel Agent called Carnival today to book our room on the revised 9/25 itinerary and the 11 night out of NY. Will be nice to get the extra $200 OBC. Never thought I'd go to Iceland or Greenland, but for us travel is an adventure. Iceland and Greenland should definitely be an adventure!

Carolyn

This is Carolyn, Dennis' wife. Our Travel Agent called Carnival today to book our room on the revised 9/25 itinerary and the 11 night out of NY. Will be nice to get the extra $200 OBC. Never thought I'd go to Iceland or Greenland, but for us travel is an adventure. Iceland and Greenland should definitely be an adventure!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn! It sounds like a great trip. I'd love to do a northern TA. (Not that San Diego- Australia sounded too bad:p.) Right now we're stuck with cruising in July and August, given work/school schedules. BTW, if you remember our oldest son, he has a job when he graduates from college in June - he'll be sailing as a 3rd Assistant Engineer for Military Sealift Command. Good job, good pay, no student loans - maybe I should ask him to fund one of our cruises!:D

Yea, I talked to someone else that didn't know about it. I woke up this morning and it was online so I just booked it that way. I have to rearrange our cruising schedule a bit for next year, but we have always wanted to do a northern TA. We were able to nab 4228 which was another reason we are doing it.

This is upsetting:(. Even though I'm not on one of these particular cruises (We are booked for May 4' date=' 2013 Legend), I feel bad for those who have already paid airline tickets. I know our air tickets cost more than the cruise. And we've already paid for hotels pre/post cruise. The future cruise credit wouldn't be close.

Could this happen to other cruises?:(:confused::([/quote']

This happened to us in 2009 with the Legend and Freedom being cancelled in Europe..We ended up on the Dream which was great and did rack up some OBC

Yes - they are actually leaving Europe a bit sooner - adding a 15-day Transatlantic (Dover to New York), then a "unique" 11-day Caribbean (New York to Tampa), then a 5-day Western Caribbean and then resuming the normal 7-day Western Caribbean sailings.

Considering the recent flooding in Venice with ships not being able to drop-off or pick-up passengers over the weekend, it would make a bit of sense.

I am soooo going to try to talk my husband into the May sailing now!!!

Interesting...I'm going to take a look at the new options!

This is upsetting:(. Even though I'm not on one of these particular cruises (We are booked for May 4' date=' 2013 Legend), I feel bad for those who have already paid airline tickets. I know our air tickets cost more than the cruise. And we've already paid for hotels pre/post cruise. The future cruise credit wouldn't be close.

Could this happen to other cruises?:(:confused::([/quote']

This could happen to any cruise, on any cruise line, at any time.

We're keeping everything crossed that they don't cancel this cruise, as its the last cruise in Europe before the TA - - and we've already booked EVERYTHING - airfares, hotels & all. :(:confused::eek: I know, the moral of the story - - don't book airfares too soon, but with the cost of flights from Australia, you grab a "so called bargain" fare when you can. :D

I hope their scheduled plans don't include now changing this cruise - who else is cruising then? and how far are you into bookings etc??

We talked seriously about booking this cruise, but a couple of weeks ago after doing a lot of research and calculating the cost of the cruise plus air fare and shore excursions, we decided we would just continue to cruise in the Caribbean! We are from Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA so it is much closer for us to go to the Caribbean than it would be for you. I guess that we'll just continue to revisit ports that we've already been to numerous times because we do truly love cruising.

Rosemary :)

who knows--we are booked on--april 12--13 cruise---the way things are going in europe---it is terrible. Today it showed rioting in spain--in just the areas we are supposed to go----we too may cancel----irene and john--

This is exactly why I didn't want to go to Greece on our re-schedule Sunshine Cruise that departs 28/7 and I live in Europe.

Things are pretty settled on the continent at the moment. Things usually kick off protest wise, once the warm whether comes.

The French, Spanish and Greeks are always having some form of protest over the summer months. There's just been more of it due the economic situation with the Euro. Hey, we even have the odd riots in London and other cities here in the UK, but it is perfectly safe in Europe. Don't let the TV reports put you off.

An email was just sent to Carnival Legend cruisers... several of the overseas dates for next year were cancelled. :( I made hotel reservations in Venice last night. :confused:

It's all cruises dated 9/25/13, 10/7/13, 10/19/13, 10/31/13 & 11/12/13.

We're on the 10-31-13 Legend cruise, and we never received an email. I found out about this by reading a news article.

So, I called last night to transfer the booking to the Sunshine, and I was on hold for more than half an hour with the rep trying to figure things out. It still seems like they don't know how to handle it.

But what I want to know is...they told me that our deposit on the cruise is actually a credit and that we will still need to make a $400/person deposit again. Is that how it is?

We're on the 10-31-13 Legend cruise, and we never received an email. I found out about this by reading a news article.

So, I called last night to transfer the booking to the Sunshine, and I was on hold for more than half an hour with the rep trying to figure things out. It still seems like they don't know how to handle it.

But what I want to know is...they told me that our deposit on the cruise is actually a credit and that we will still need to make a $400/person deposit again. Is that how it is?

I would call again and try another agent. I rebooked and while on hold awhile and several transfers as they tried to figure out the credit (I called the day the letter came so they had a excuse not to know about it yet.)there was no new payment needed; the deposit was transferred over and the online credit applied.

You definitely should not need another deposit.

Archived