Questions About Crown Loft Suites: Allure

Andy91

We were fortunate enough this year to be able to take the jump and book a GS on an upcoming Allure cruise. We have just been offered a very affordable upgrade from the GS to a side facing Crown Loft. Any input on these? Any super positives or negatives to consider?

Was it a hassle having to go up to the 17th floor every time you wanted to get to your cabin? Same for getting to and from the Concierge Lounge.

Was it difficult getting elevators?

The cabins seem very cool but are they really as cool as they seem on paper?

Was the view of the sea and surroundings from the 17th deck balcony much better than from a balcony on the 10th or 11th?

As cool as they might be, is this perhaps the wrong ship to grab a cabin like this on? It seems that there might be so many things to do that we might not be spending much time in the cabin.

Finally, a few reviews have mentioned that the fellow passengers in that part of the ship seemed a little stuffy or superior acting - please, no offense intended at all, perhaps I'm not writing this correctly. My main point is that we may be able to afford the splurge this year and know our way around any surrounding as formal / clubby or informal as it gets... but are not stuffy or feel special in any way and wouldn't feel comfortable in an area that had that type of feel. We just have the opportunity to possibly book this level of cabin. So great cabin, yes but no need to buy into a superior attitude if that comes with it.

Thanks in Advance!

We were fortunate enough this year to be able to take the jump and book a GS on an upcoming Allure cruise. We have just been offered a very affordable upgrade from the GS to a side facing Crown Loft. Any input on these? Any super positives or negatives to consider?

Was it a hassle having to go up to the 17th floor every time you wanted to get to your cabin? Same for getting to and from the Concierge Lounge.

Was it difficult getting elevators?

The cabins seem very cool but are they really as cool as they seem on paper?

Was the view of the sea and surroundings from the 17th deck balcony much better than from a balcony on the 10th or 11th?

As cool as they might be, is this perhaps the wrong ship to grab a cabin like this on? It seems that there might be so many things to do that we might not be spending much time in the cabin.

Finally, a few reviews have mentioned that the fellow passengers in that part of the ship seemed a little stuffy or superior acting - please, no offense intended at all, perhaps I'm not writing this correctly. My main point is that we may be able to afford the splurge this year and know our way around any surrounding as formal / clubby or informal as it gets... but are not stuffy or feel special in any way and wouldn't feel comfortable in an area that had that type of feel. We just

have the opportunity to possibly book this level of cabin. So great cabin, yes but no need to buy into a superior attitude if that comes with it.

Thanks in Advance!

If you can afford it,then go for it! No need to be stuffy if you aren't that type. I don't think you will spend any more time with your nieghbors than you normaly do so who cares if they are stuffy :D

I'll be gazing up there from my BW balcony..and just happy I am on the ship:D

Reader

We had a side facing CL on Oasis on our last cruise and loved it. Unless you have a problem with stairs, I say go for it, it's a fantastic cabin. We never really met our neighbors, so I couldn't really say if they were stuffy. The elevators were not a problem, and it was kind of nice knowing it wouldn't be full when it got to your floor.

We have stayed in both a Crown Loft and a Grand Suite. Personally we liked the Grand suite better! It felt like we had more space because of the lay out and the balcony was used a lot more since it is longer and narrower. The balcony on the crown loft was so deep that you had to get right up to the railing to see much. You couldn't just sit in your chair and enjoy the view. Also we felt the Grand suite had more storage, not that we could ever possibly fill it all!

If we had the choice, we would stay with the grand suite. But we have done the crown loft once, so if it is something you want to be able to say you did and see if you like it, then go for it. It is completely personal preference.

As for the stuffiness, we never saw anyone else that was up there with us. The halls around the lofts are very quiet and the only people were ever saw were our cabin attendants. We spent a lot of time in the viking crown lounge because it was so close and also very quiet most the time. We had it to ourselves a lot.

We are staying in a Crown Loft Suite on The Allure starting in 2 days! I will report back how we liked it. As for stuffiness, meh, you get all kinds no matter you are and its not like you spend time only with folks whose room is in close proximity to yours.

I love the Crown Lofts. It's very quiet up on deck 17 and the cabins are unique to the two ships. If you have the opportunity, I say go for it.

I also don't understand the comments about the people being stuffy. I could not tell you who my neighbors were and once outside the cabin, I have no idea what type cabin the others passengers are cruising in. I very seldom ever saw any other passengers in the hallway on deck 17.

We were upgraded from GS to a CLS on our 2012 Allure cruise. (Ours was aft facing.) We liked the cabin so much that we booked a side facing one for next April. The corridors were so quiet. Everyone seemed very pleasant. Our neighbors in the Sky Loft Suite invited us in for a tour. The cabin attendants were great. For us, we liked having two bathrooms. I take the stairs whenever I can so getting up and down wasn't an issue for me. I didn't hear any complaints from DH.

We thought the cabin was cool.

One other thing. Since the cabin class is unique to the Oasis class, we thought it would be fun to experience it. If we ever do another Oasis class cruise, we will probably not book this class of cabin again just for financial reasons. (We used Bank of America points to pay for part of the first one as well as benefiting from the upgrade.) This year's cruise is a splurge. We did love the 17th floor.

Just experienced our first CL suite last month on Oasis. We had an aft facing one and absolutely loved it and it was worth the extra dollars. We actually got a very good price on it as they did seem to be discounting the CL suites on our sailing.

We never felt like we waited longer for elevators and this actually surprised us. We met our neighbors to one side the first day and spoke with them another day and no different than any others I have encountered.

We actually did spend more time in our cabin because it was just so darn cool. :) :) I have had other types of suites on other ships but no other cabin made me say ' I HAVE to have this cabin another time' Enjoy!!

Unless you have a problem with stairs,

If that really is a problem - such as using a wheelchair as my wife does - there is one accessble CL on each ship and it has an elevator between the main floor and loft. Probably would always be out of our budget but if we ever could do it it would be one thing that would sway us to try that class.

If that really is a problem - such as using a wheelchair as my wife does - there is one accessble CL on each ship and it has an elevator between the main floor and loft. Probably would always be out of our budget but if we ever could do it it would be one thing that would sway us to try that class.

On my sailing last month a CC roll call mate did have one of the accessible CL suite and he did give me a tour of it and a ride in the elevator to the loft area.

Just had a Crown Loft (oceanview) last week on Oasis....WOW! Incredible. Loved it. I was hesitant at first, thinking it wouldn't "feel like being on a ship." Well, it was fantastic. 2 bathrooms, huge balcony (just don't take the first one one each side, which is 1702 on one side and 1756, I think on the other side). Those 2 have much smaller balconies due to the curvature of the ship structure there. We could easily lay in our lounge chairs and see the incredible views! If you wanted you could even move your loungers closer to the end of the balcony if you wanted to be "closer to the ocean". The elevators, as mentioned, were no problem, and were always EMPTY when we got on, since 17 is at the top! Everyone we met was wonderful. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Peter

Archived