Carnival Magic "Faster to the Fun" ticket

BOBO1977

If not, how come?

Well, I already have my chosen dining confirmed. I get plenty to eat on the ship so priority boarding is no big deal...whether we sit and talk on the pier or on board the ship is no biggie. I don't carry anything onto the ship at embarkation that would facilitate a need to head directly to my cabin. There is nothing in my luggage I need "right away". I'm not "in a hurry" to get off the ship on port days...I'd rather have a nice breakfast. I'm always the last to leave the ship on debarkation days 'cause I want my vacation to last as long as possible. I probably only have to go to guest services once a cruise so an occasional wait doesn't bother me. Doesn't matter to me when I eat in the steak house or the italian restaurant...I just don't think they will both sell out the entire week.

Well' date=' I already have my chosen dining confirmed. I get plenty to eat on the ship so priority boarding is no big deal...whether we sit and talk on the pier or on board the ship is no biggie. I don't carry anything onto the ship at embarkation that would facilitate a need to head directly to my cabin. There is nothing in my luggage I need "right away". I'm not "in a hurry" to get off the ship on port days...I'd rather have a nice breakfast. I'm always the last to leave the ship on debarkation days 'cause I want my vacation to last as long as possible. I probably only have to go to guest services once a cruise so an occasional wait doesn't bother me. Doesn't matter to me when I eat in the steak house or the italian restaurant...I just don't think they will both sell out the entire week.[/quote']

Agree 100%

I figured for $50 it's worth trying once. The biggest part I think we will like the most is getting in to the room to put our stuff up. We also like to get to the pier early and get on board ASAP. As soon as we walk off the gain plank and onto the ship something just triggers that its time to relaxe and have fun. Also if we do excursions we usually book independent so the priority tendering might be helpful; nothing booked at this point.

Well' date=' I already have my chosen dining confirmed. I get plenty to eat on the ship so priority boarding is no big deal...whether we sit and talk on the pier or on board the ship is no biggie. I don't carry anything onto the ship at embarkation that would facilitate a need to head directly to my cabin. There is nothing in my luggage I need "right away". I'm not "in a hurry" to get off the ship on port days...I'd rather have a nice breakfast. I'm always the last to leave the ship on debarkation days 'cause I want my vacation to last as long as possible. I probably only have to go to guest services once a cruise so an occasional wait doesn't bother me. Doesn't matter to me when I eat in the steak house or the italian restaurant...I just don't think they will both sell out the entire week.[/quote']

Well said - wish everyone felt this way.

After reading the original post about "Faster to the Fun", I checked to see if it was available for my cruise this March. It was and I had no problem adding it to my reservation. I think, for $50, it will be so worth it to have our cabin ready and have priority embarkation. We are traveling with 2 kids who each travel with a backpack. It will be so great to not have to wait in a huge line, drop off our stuff in our cabin, and have our luggage delivered sooner. For some people, this may be a waste of money. For us, this will just make the start of our vacation so much easier and relaxing!!!

After reading the original post about "Faster to the Fun", I checked to see if it was available for my cruise this March. It was and I had no problem adding it to my reservation. I think, for $50, it will be so worth it to have our cabin ready and have priority embarkation. We are traveling with 2 kids who each travel with a backpack. It will be so great to not have to wait in a huge line, drop off our stuff in our cabin, and have our luggage delivered sooner. For some people, this may be a waste of money. For us, this will just make the start of our vacation so much easier and relaxing!!!

Book this for our April Magic Cruise. After the long lines we were in in Oct to board the Triumph, I think this is going to be well worth it.. I am ready to go!!

I just booked it for the Magic for July. My husband dislikes being in crowds, so if we can avoid the "cattle call" experience we've had during some embarkations, it will be nice for him. Plus, it will be nice to dump our stuff in the room right away. Time will tell if it's worth the $50.

• 1 month later...

We just found about the fttf option and for us, since we are driving from Illinois on Sept. 22 to board the Magic, it's worth a try. We need to be able to disembark asap and hit the road - unfortunately!

btw, there were only 14 tickets left as of today so good thing we found this forum!

For me FTTF is not worth it and I have 2 kids also. We always get to the port early and walk on right behind the VIP and weddings. I don't stress about the carry on stuff we bring. We go eat and chill maybe walk around a little bit. The rooms are always ready before we know it. We go drop our stuff and then go explore. The $50 savings means a few drinks for Mommy.

The only place I would consider it useful is in Cayman but we have a ship booked tour anyway so whatever.

• 2 years later...

We have sailed out of Galveston on the Magic 3 times, and have never cruised without FTTF. To us, it is 100% worth it. You board after Diamond, Platinum, and wedding parties. Your room is guaranteed to be ready. After boarding, we are able to drop our bags and head to deck 11 to order a Fun Ship Special and celebrate being on the boat. (Our tradition.) You get priority tendering if you're visiting a port that has such, you get your own dedicated line at Guest Services, which you would be surprised at how long the "regular" line can get. Priority debark, which really comes in handy if you have an early flight. We will always book FTTF when it's available, until we reach Platinum. :)

We ALWAYS purchased it and since it came out never been on a cruise without it. We paid for the cruise what is another $59!!!!! It also means you get your luggage faster which means we pack faster and get that done and over with and it means boarding asap and not standing in long lines and crowds to board. It also gives us guest service privileges should we need it and not have to stand in that long line and it gives us priority tender and disembarkation early or late but most importantly we get to put our carry on bags in our cabin right away and not have to lug them around with us. FTTF is convenience for us and its just a few dollars extra no big deal at all and all worth it.

We have sailed out of Galveston on the Magic 3 times, and have never cruised without FTTF. To us, it is 100% worth it. You board after Diamond, Platinum, and wedding parties. Your room is guaranteed to be ready. After boarding, we are able to drop our bags and head to deck 11 to order a Fun Ship Special and celebrate being on the boat. (Our tradition.) You get priority tendering if you're visiting a port that has such, you get your own dedicated line at Guest Services, which you would be surprised at how long the "regular" line can get. Priority debark, which really comes in handy if you have an early flight. We will always book FTTF when it's available, until we reach Platinum. :)

So is there a special line to get in when we arrive? Is it well marked? (Had one cruise where we were in a suite and got all the way to screening before they showed us the correct line. Good thing it was a short line!).