Epic- Questions about OBC with cash & dinner reservations

towel-animal

Hi everyone! My parents are treating me for a spring break cruise on the Epic as my Christmas present.

I'm 22, and don't have a credit card, so I'm planning to use cash for the OBC. I've been looking at bunch of threads on here, but can't seem to find a firm answer for this:

If you have cash left over on your OBC that you did not spend, do you get your refund on the spot in cash? Or do you have to wait for a check to be sent in the mail? It seems that some people have experienced both, so I'm curious to the official policy. I'd much rather get my cash back when leaving the ship, then waiting for a check.

Also, when making dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants online before the cruise, are you required to pay in advance? Or can you make the reservation and then wait to board the cruise for them to deduct the surcharge from the OBC?

Thanks Cruise Critic! You all have been very helpful in answering my newby questions :)

If you book in advance (restaurant, Cirque, excursion), you pay in advance. I found that helpful.

I just got off the Epic yesterday, and used cash for my onboard account. When Friday night was over, I had about $94 left. I went to Guest Services to close out, expecting to be mailed a check. Instead, I was handed cash. I don't know if there's a "threshold" - i.e. under $100 gets cash, over gets a check, or if I'd have gone Saturday morning, I would have gotten a check (to save staff time on board). All I know is, when I went at around 9 PM on Friday night, I was handed cash.

We had $13 cash left over from our Jewel cruise and are waiting for a check. We didn't "close out" our account the night before and what annoyed me is we couldn't use our cards for anything the morning of debarkation. Tried to get espresso and our card had already been zeroed out.

We had $13 cash left over from our Jewel cruise and are waiting for a check. We didn't "close out" our account the night before and what annoyed me is we couldn't use our cards for anything the morning of debarkation. Tried to get espresso and our card had already been zeroed out.

Well sure. How would they collect the money if you charge $100 or more on the last morning and you left the ship. Cash accounts are usually (always?) zeroed out the last night at midnight.

Hi everyone! My parents are treating me for a spring break cruise on the Epic as my Christmas present.

I'm 22, and don't have a credit card, so I'm planning to use cash for the OBC. I've been looking at bunch of threads on here, but can't seem to find a firm answer for this:

If you have cash left over on your OBC that you did not spend, do you get your refund on the spot in cash? Or do you have to wait for a check to be sent in the mail? It seems that some people have experienced both, so I'm curious to the official policy. I'd much rather get my cash back when leaving the ship, then waiting for a check.

Also, when making dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants online before the cruise, are you required to pay in advance? Or can you make the reservation and then wait to board the cruise for them to deduct the surcharge from the OBC?

Thanks Cruise Critic! You all have been very helpful in answering my newby questions :)

Reservations that are made in advance have to be paid for at the time of reserving.

Someone mentioned on another thread this morning that they had cash coming back to them the last night of the cruise and expected a check to be sent to them. This is the norm, however, the woman did receive cash back. She thinks it was because the amount was less than $100 ($94 to be exact).

Have a great time! The Epic is a wonderful ship!

Archived