Wine stop

police46

We are flying into Miami on Jan.27th and boarding the Valor the same day.

So my question is , is there somewhere we can buy some wine and sodas

near the port. We are using Carnival transfers from Miami airport.

Regards, Police46

We are flying into Miami on Jan.27th and boarding the Valor the same day.

Regards, Police46

Cancel your transfer and grab a taxi from MIA to POM.

It is a fixed rate of $25 for up to 4 people. Ask the driver to stop by Publix, Walgreens or CVS for wine. They may charge a little extra but they will stop.

If you paid for the Carnival transfers to the Port Of Miami you will transported to the pier by bus. When the bus is completely full they will then leave from Miami International Airport for the short fifteen minute ride to the Port Of Miami. There are no facilities at the port to purchase anything that I am aware of. You can cancel the transfer with Carnival, grab a cab and have them stop at a store enroute to pick up the items that you need. Cab fare is approximately twenty four dollars plus tip. The driver will usually stop at a store for you if you add to the tip. CVS, Walgreens, and Publix Supermarkets sell wine, soda, chips, and the like. Be advised if you are cruising on a Sunday the State Of Florida prohibits the selling of beer, alcohol, and wine before twelve noon. Cab fare is also alot cheaper that the Carnival transfer fare. At the conclusion of your cruise there are plenty of cabs available for the return to Miami International Airport.

Be advised if you are cruising on a Sunday the State Of Florida prohibits the selling of beer, alcohol, and wine before twelve noon.

Florida leaves liquor store hours to the individual county and/or municipality. There is no longer a Sunday restriction in Miami-Dade county, and the City of Miami allows liquor sales 24 hours a day.

Thank's Miamiyogi for the update on liquor sales. I'm pretty sure that Ft Lauderdale still has that law in effect in Broward County. I thought Sunday sales were enforced in the entire state. I guess I made a mistake on this one. I'll have to be more careful next time. Don't like to give out false or misleading information.

We are flying into Miami on Jan.27th and boarding the Valor the same day. Mistake #1 :eek:

Regards, Police46

The smart cruiser ALWAYS arrives at least one day early to avoid having a delayed flight turn into a missed cruise. :eek:

Once paid for it may be impossible to cancel your transfer from Carnival; from POM, after dropping your bags, you can cab to a drug store near Bayside for about $10+tip each way - or avoid the hassel and just spend the $20+ on a soda package/bar bill.

Good luck! :)

I'm pretty sure that Ft Lauderdale still has that law in effect in Broward County.

Correct, also for a long time our dominant grocery chain Publix had that 12pm rule on their own for years. They stopped that a couple years ago.

No worries, some people that live here still think there's a 12PM rule.

The smart cruiser ALWAYS arrives at least one day early to avoid having a delayed flight turn into a missed cruise. :eek:

Once paid for it may be impossible to cancel your transfer from Carnival; from POM, after dropping your bags, you can cab to a drug store near Bayside for about $10+tip each way - or avoid the hassel and just spend the $20+ on a soda package/bar bill.

Good luck! :)

We cancelled our transfers from the airport to the port with no problem or issues. It works the same way as cancelling an excursion before sail date.

One quick visit to the website and click cancel. Or if only cancelling 1 end of your transfer one quick phone call.

Archived