Romance Package

cb8

Hello there. I have been thinking about treating my better half to a romance package. I am just being nosey and wondering if any of you romantic cruisers have ever went for such packages.

Any advise would be great :D

Hello there. I have been thinking about treating my better half to a romance package. I am just being nosey and wondering if any of you romantic cruisers have ever went for such packages.

Any advise would be great :D

I used my visa points to get the "Grand Romance Package" on our may Explorer cruise. We got robes, champagne & cupcakes at sail off, canapes before the first 2 formal nights (for some odd reason we had 3 of them on a 9 day cruise), flowers in the stateroom, fruit, "breakfast in bed", and a silver photo frame and a picture.

The flowers managed to last all 9 days, the robes are still used here at home, etc. Overall it was a good package to get. Would I do it again? possibly, but I'm not sure I would do it for cash. There was a discount on the value using the points (I believe it was 15000 points or $200 to get the package, better than the standard 1 dollar per 100 points rate.

I hope that this explanation makes sense as I have yet to have my morning brew.

Steve

Many thanks for the reply. I was just thinking about the $50 one. The other half works away so the cruise is the only time we will be together before Christmas

Cheers

you may want to price each component individually as well. if, for instance a few of the amenities do not thrill you( for instance neither of us really like the cupcakes, have too dang many picture frames already and can easily get a fruit and cheese platter through room service at no charge) you may find that cherry picking what you want is no more expensive.

Hi

We've done that package. We bought it for our very first ever cruise back in Sep 2010 on Oasis and thought it was lovely.

I think it's worth the money and we love the photo alone from it in the nice silver frame which is sat proudly on our fireplace mantel at the moment.

The cupcakes were lovely and I think it's worth it and makes the cruise just that little bit special for not a huge price.

In fact we've added it to our honeymoon gift list for our RCI cruise next Sept and someone's already purchased it for us and I'm really pleased they have.

Hope that helps

My lovely husband arranged the Romance Package as part or the many lovely gifts he had organised to celebrate my 'big' birthday:D. All the lovely treats seemed to go on all week! The breakfast in bed was amazing - mimosa and bloody mary with the best chocolate waffle was very decadent. The robes are super comfy, the cupcakes were awesome, the flowers were beautiful and the picture frame has pride of place on the mantel. The canapes and petit fours were a lovely treat on the formal nights - and delicious - loved it all :D

I have purchased it and it was great! Keep in mind that you will need space to tie the robes back home as they are big and bulky. They are the terry cloth variety and we use them at home also. Plan on getting another package but won't need to get the one with the robes next time.

I have just been looking at this package, I think it looks wonderful. May I ask what you get for b'fast? Does anybody know what the robes are worth to buy on their own? Thank's :D

You get to choose your breakfast menu with choice of a mimosa or a bloody mary, the robes are terry cloth:)

Do u concider the robes to be of good quality? Thank's

Well, you can get them from gifts and gear for 5000 points which I think translates into $50 cash, but the website says they are valued at $100 for both.

I'm bringing my satiny one. (Not a word I know) Terry makes me heavy! lol

• 2 weeks later...

The breakfast was completely different from reg rom service menu. I remember there was a smoked salmon egg dish, French toast of some type, and another entree choice, fruit tray, pasties, and other sides along with choice of Bloody Mary or mimosa. Somehow we ended up with everything and was glad it was sea day!

We did room service most mornings but thought this was much better.

• 1 month later...
The breakfast was completely different from reg rom service menu. I remember there was a smoked salmon egg dish, French toast of some type, and another entree choice, fruit tray, pasties, and other sides along with choice of Bloody Mary or mimosa. Somehow we ended up with everything and was glad it was sea day!

We did room service most mornings but thought this was much better.

Did you get a special menu for breakfast the night before for the romance package? And typically which morning is the breakfast in bed?

Archived