PVP keeps calling

delta13

I have held a couple cruises online but have not went through with the purchase quite yet. A PVP keeps calling me and telling me he can get me a special rate on the cruise I was looking at. My understanding is the prices online are the same as he would offer is that correct?

Sounds like we have the same PVP :cool:. Of course when I did book last year (after pricing things out a million times online) with him it was the same exact price. He was always calling and leaving messages and telling me he had great rates for me he just wanted me to book through him so he would get commission.

I have held a couple cruises online but have not went through with the purchase quite yet. A PVP keeps calling me and telling me he can get me a special rate on the cruise I was looking at. My understanding is the prices online are the same as he would offer is that correct?

That is what I understand also, but they just know more about the classes of cabins, and there rates.

Last year we booked a cruise for our son and DiL2b, and when booking they wanted an oceanview, we wanted to only pay for an interior.

When talking to our PVP she said she had a great deal for us, so they could have their oceanview, a Porthole cabin, it was cheaper than interior and oceanview, and she was selling it as if it was an oceanview, because you had a view of the ocean.

Well we ended up going with it early savor, and when we got a price drop, we changed to a real oceanview. which put us at a better price than the original interior we were looking at, then a second price drop, and they got an onboard credit.

So, watch what they are offering, and have them "hold it" then go and see if you can come up with the same deal, or if it is real.

Good Luck

I had to tell mine that we do a LOT of research and discussion before booking a cruise, because we do. If I'm contemplating booking a cruise I usually have 5 or so "picked out" and then my husband and I sit down and talk about where we want to go, how much to spend, what port is cheaper to fly into etc. My pvp would call me EVERY SINGLE DAY I had a cruise "saved". I finally told her to please stop calling me because I was doing research. She said she would take note of that and she did actually stop calling. I promised her when I was ready to book I would call her, and I did.

However, I don't think they can get you any special pricing. I may be wrong, but we booked early saver and they didn't even offer us a "special price"

A PVP keeps calling me and telling me he can get me a special rate on the cruise I was looking at. My understanding is the prices online are the same as he would offer is that correct?

If your screen name and your location is an indication of where you work, then the answer is YES, your PVP can get you a rate that's not listed on the website. ;)

I had to tell mine that we do a LOT of research and discussion before booking a cruise, because we do. If I'm contemplating booking a cruise I usually have 5 or so "picked out" and then my husband and I sit down and talk about where we want to go, how much to spend, what port is cheaper to fly into etc. My pvp would call me EVERY SINGLE DAY I had a cruise "saved". I finally told her to please stop calling me because I was doing research. She said she would take note of that and she did actually stop calling. I promised her when I was ready to book I would call her, and I did.

However, I don't think they can get you any special pricing. I may be wrong, but we booked early saver and they didn't even offer us a "special price"

Same here back in the day....

Now sometimes we email or call just to visit. BUT she long since quit calling everytime I look at a sailing on the website. She knows we exclusively book with her and have referred many people to her.

As for any special rates.... NOPE, but sometimes can offer good advice on a cabin or category you may not know about. Also good info on plus and minus of booking any certain way based on your individual needs and situation.

I love my PVP.

I have used a PVP in the past and called her to book a last minute cruise during the recent sale. She was on vacation and her co-worker didn't return my call so I booked online. Well, I was online checking prices and saw I could move to an aft balcony for about $100. I called my PVP, explained and apologized for having booked online, and requested her help. She was so nice and helpful, and was able to move us without any charge! I always thought the best price was online but this experience has shown me otherwise. I'll use her to book from now on.

Dummy here....what is a PVP' date=' how do you acquire one, what can they do that a TA can't, and what can they offer you that you can't find on Carnival.com.

I always hear about them but can't figure it all out except for the initials: Personal Vacation Planner.[/quote']

Correct, personal vacation planner. They work for, or are contracted through carnival, they only sell cruises for carnival. Some are more knowledgable than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived