No room yet leaving 29th

PH

I am leaving on the Prinsendam on Nov. 29 and still have not been assigned a room. I have call twice a day for a week. They tell me it is because they got behind over the holiday. I am leaving in the morning and would have liked to get my tags ready and print cards with our room on them. I am not happy with HOL.

I am leaving on the Prinsendam on Nov. 29 and still have not been assigned a room. I have call twice a day for a week. They tell me it is because they got behind over the holiday. I am leaving in the morning and would have liked to get my tags ready and print cards with our room on them. I am not happy with HOL.

It appears that you did a GTY Booking. If that's correct you really shouldn't be unhappy with HAL as most people know that when doing a GTY booking room assignment can be anywhere from the time of actual booking up to check-in at the pier.

Tags can be obtained at the pier

You could print your tags without numbers and write them in whenever you learn them. The pier porters will have marker pens if you don't find out until then.

It's often said here that the later the assignment the better the upgrade, but I'm not sure that holds true on a ship that does the long voyages.

My only time I had to wait until I got to the pier I received a nice upgrade. I wouldn't worry about it at all, the porters will have the manifest.

That said, I can hardly wait to see where I end up on my trip. I have likened it to waiting for Christmas as a child. While on the one hand it is frustrating, on the other it is exciting.

Bon Voyage and enjoy your cruise. Getting upset about it before you board is the one sure way to kill your good time.

Just heard from a fellow passenger. She got a call an hour ago and was bumped off the cruise. I hope I don't drive all that way to find out I have been bumped. Call HOL and they said at this moment I was still on the cruise.

Just heard from a fellow passenger. She got a call an hour ago and was bumped off the cruise. I hope I don't drive all that way to find out I have been bumped. Call HOL and they said at this moment I was still on the cruise.

WOW - that is not good.

I can't help but think that she actually did not get bumped off the cruise. It does sound as though HAL over sold thhis itinerary. I bet that she was given her money back plus some type of compensation for a future cruise.

I have never heard of anyone being bumped off totally without their consent. When a cruise is oversold, HAL will keep making better and better offers to change to another cruise until somebody's "price" is reached. Without any other details, I will presume that is what happened in this case ... unless she was waitlisted to begin with. It won't happen to you, PH, as long as you keep saying "NO" ... or until they make an offer too good to refuse.

When was her cruise scheduled?

Was she booked on an Interline rate?

That's the only situation that I have ever heard of where someone has been bumped from a HAL cruise.

Are you booked on an Interline rate?

You said you are "still" on this cruise, which implies that it's possible you can be bumped, too.

Was she booked on an Interline rate?

That's the only situation that I have ever heard of where someone has been bumped from a HAL cruise.

Are you booked on an Interline rate?

You said you are "still" on this cruise, which implies that it's possible you can be bumped, too.

I am betting they got "bought off" of the cruise with compensation.

Bill

I got another email and she was offered another cruise which she is taking in July. She indicated in the email that she was informed by her travel agent today. She said she was very disappointed so I got the impression that it wasn't her choice.

We have not heard any thing yet so we are on the way to Flordia. I will let you know how it goes. heard from two more people that took the offer to be bumped. They were on a group tour in the -Amazon with us. This means the price will go up unless we can find someone else at this late date.

My hubby + I were on standby once. We were called 50 min before the ship left! If we didn't get called we were going to drive to florida keys the next day. (Plan B). We had just checked into a hotel, close to the port, thinking that we weren't going to get called as the ship's engine had started. We didn't even have time to check out of the hotel. We still laugh about that cruise. Anyways - when we got to the ship - nobody knew what cabin we had, but they had just got a call saying that a couple had an accident, and couldn't make the ship, so they knew there was one cabin free. After rushing us thru the paperwork - they told us to run - and that they would page us after they figured it out. We didn't want to ask too many questions in case they threw us off. We were relieved once the ship pulled away! We did ask at the desk about 10 PM but everyone there was confused + busy etc. Anyways - we were starting to think we'd have to sleep in a corner somewhere + stand up on top of the toilets in the washroom when we got to port the next day, so nobody would find us. We laughed about stowing away etc. while we sat in the bar, and even met another couple who jokingly said that we could sleep on their couch. I still laugh thinking about the things we were thinking up. There was no way we were going to get off if they couldn't find us a cabin + we were too scared to ask again. HA! Anyways - we got paged about 11PM!!! They were so sorry - they got busy + forgot that they hadn't paged us. So - we dragged our suitcases to our cabin just before midnight. That was a very exciting memorable night! Just go with the flow - be adventuresome! Have fun - and I hope it all works out for you. Make sure you let us know how it turns out. Good luck! Our adult kids gave us heck when we got home for being "out of control" HA! They didn't know if we had got on or not til we e-mailed them a few days later. Payback time - when they worry about us. HA!

Ah, so they "took an offer". That was a choice then, and not the same as "bumped" after all.

Thanks for letting us know.

No, they are being bumped!

"PH" just posted on our Roll Call. Their TA were told them that they would probably be bumped. They could either accept a 49 day cruise to the Amazon for the same price as our 23 day cruise, or they could drive to the port and hope. However, they would probably not get a cabin. In this case, they would only receive the money they paid as reimbursement, nothing extra. Not much of a choice.

Another couple emailed me yesterday that they had been bumped. They were in our group for an excursion in Santarem. They were not given any real choice, and were not happy!

This is inexcusable to be informed 3 or 2 days before departure that there are no cabins available. If this happened to me, I would never book with that cruise company again!

Archived