Nice Surprise....luggage tags!

BabsterA

I've read the postings about no more Welcome Aboard packets and pouted just a little (but not in public or in writing). I love the anticipation leading up to a cruise and celebrate when I book, when the last payment is made, when the boarding docs are completed and printed, and when that thick envelope arrived with the booklet and tags.

I have absolutely NO issue with printing out the tags from the website, doing the El Cheapo laminating with clear packing tape, a hole punch, and a reusable tie wrap and have done it several times. BUT I opened the mailbox earlier this week and found an NCL envelope. Inside was a lovely letter AND printed luggage tags for our January cruise on the Star!

Necessary?? No! Celebrated? Oh, yes!!! Put a smile on my face? Definitely!!! Thanks NCL for brightening a cloudy afternoon!

I've read the postings about no more Welcome Aboard packets and pouted just a little (but not in public or in writing). I love the anticipation leading up to a cruise and celebrate when I book, when the last payment is made, when the boarding docs are completed and printed, and when that thick envelope arrived with the booklet and tags.

I have absolutely NO issue with printing out the tags from the website, doing the El Cheapo laminating with clear packing tape, a hole punch, and a reusable tie wrap and have done it several times. BUT I opened the mailbox earlier this week and found an NCL envelope. Inside was a lovely letter AND printed luggage tags for our January cruise on the Star!

Necessary?? No! Celebrated? Oh, yes!!! Put a smile on my face? Definitely!!! Thanks NCL for brightening a cloudy afternoon!

Well they must really like you! I'm sailing in January as well, and no luggage tags have come for me :(

In a balcony and received the booklet and tags. It's nothing to get excited over to be honest. Since I upgraded, I'm just going to print them off the website and staple them. We've done this in the past and the were very sturdy.

We are sailing on Epic December 22 and are not in a suite. We received luggage tags in the middle of our Welcome Aboard booklet.

Trading in a cold, Canadian winter for (insert here...this is my first cruise and first experience away from Canada at christmas) in two weeks + 1 day. I can't wait! (My math skills are fine...we fly to Miami a day before we set sail!)

Cheers!

I've read the postings about no more Welcome Aboard packets and pouted just a little (but not in public or in writing).

I have read several people comment about this. I'm not sure why some get the Welcome packet and some don't.

We have ALWAYS received the welcome packet...including our upcoming cruise, which is in 9 days. So, our welcome packet came several weeks ago. Obviously they are still doing the Welcome packet. I'm just not sure why some don't get them? :confused:

Same here mitsu. In fact I've never used the same TA

Only thing I will say is that NCL only give you one label each. RC give you 3 each.

I know you can print more but I don't really want to take a stapler on holiday from the UK with me.

Same here mitsu. In fact I've never used the same TA

Only thing I will say is that NCL only give you one label each. RC give you 3 each.

I know you can print more but I don't really want to take a stapler on holiday from the UK with me.

One each? Hmm, I get an entire page full. I think there's either 6 or 8 on it. I'd have to double check.

Have always received welcome pack on all my previous cruises with NCL. However, my upcoming on in 9 days was booked last minute so I am not expecting the booklet.

the plan is for me to print them out and laminate them with clear tape before stapling to my bag.

Does anyone know if it is necessary to print out in color?

Want to do the correct thing as loosing ones bag is my biggest vacation fear.

Have always received welcome pack on all my previous cruises with NCL. However, my upcoming on in 9 days was booked last minute so I am not expecting the booklet.

the plan is for me to print them out and laminate them with clear tape before stapling to my bag.

No, not necessary to print out in color. Have printed my own tags on plain old white paper, laminated them with clear mailing tape, stapled them to our bags, worked fine!

We sail on the EPIC Dec. 22nd and we received our Welcome Aboard booklet and tags right before Thanksgiving!!:D It is nice to get your tags even though I printed mine out already and had them Laminated!

This is my 5th cruise but my 1st on NCL! I am so excited!!

Vince & Tanya

It's not even necessary to print the Tags. Especially if you cruise out of Miami. The Porters are very nice and will put nice sturdy tags on your luggage. Just tell them your cabin number, they write it with a sharpie and off your luggage goes and finds you at your cabin door.

A couple cruises ago, I did my own little mini test. I had luggage tags that said "PRIORITY" I'm Platinum. My son and MIL were traveling with me, same cabin. We got a tag from the porter for another piece of luggage and finally my MIL's Tag which did not indicate Priority. Well, their luggage showed up at the door prior to mine which was tagged "Priority" Mine came about 2 hours after theirs. We all just laughed. It was not a big deal, just a funny little test we decided to conduct. We were not in a suite or anything.

Yes, the welcome booklet and luggage tags are a nice touch, but not necessary. Again, if you don't have them or didn't print, the Porters at the Miami terminal will Tag everything for you.

I am sailing with friends who booked same time as me and they got luggage tags. I called NCL and they told me as of 10/1/2012 they will not be sending out. When I asked why some people are getting, told them my friends did and I didnt they gave me a lame excuse. Which is what you usually get when they dont know what they are talking about

No biggie I guess but I like the more formal and sturdy tags they send out

And I dont have a color printer

Oh well....

It's not even necessary to print the Tags. Especially if you cruise out of Miami. The Porters are very nice and will put nice sturdy tags on your luggage. Just tell them your cabin number, they write it with a sharpie and off your luggage goes and finds you at your cabin door.

A couple cruises ago, I did my own little mini test. I had luggage tags that said "PRIORITY" I'm Platinum. My son and MIL were traveling with me, same cabin. We got a tag from the porter for another piece of luggage and finally my MIL's Tag which did not indicate Priority. Well, their luggage showed up at the door prior to mine which was tagged "Priority" Mine came about 2 hours after theirs. We all just laughed. It was not a big deal, just a funny little test we decided to conduct. We were not in a suite or anything.

Yes, the welcome booklet and luggage tags are a nice touch, but not necessary. Again, if you don't have them or didn't print, the Porters at the Miami terminal will Tag everything for you.

Thats funny:D ! The same thing with us,before we had the priority tags we always got ours first. Now its always the last to show up :eek:

Congrats, on receiving "actual" tags! For those of us who don't, I no longer worry about laminating or packaging tape on my luggage tag prinouts. I bought the luggage tag holders from favors by serendipity and recommend them highly.

I've used mine for many cruises and they still look like new.

Color determines location on ship, forward, mid-ship, aft, helps luggage handlers.

Archived