Steakhouse-Can you order more than one entree?

wrcjr98

I'm doing my first Chef's table in 2 weeks on the Glory. I didn't even know about the signed cookbook.. Thanks for the info :D

We did it a few years ago with the old menu,you will have a great time!!

On our trip someone asked for a couple of recipes and the next morning they had put the recipes under our door,Its just a great time :)

My husband wanted me to find out if you are allowed to order more than one of any of the courses in the steakhouse like you can in the MDR? When I read on the Carnival website, it just says it includes and appetizer, an entree, dessert, and gratuity - it doesn't indicate if you can order more than one of any item or not? Does anyone know that has sailed recently? We will be on the Dream - Thank you!!

Cindy

OMG...I hit reply and was about to give you the answer from the steakhouse manager and then I saw this was from December 2012! But I guess for those still reading this, since it's on page one of the board, I'll post the response I received.

My Question:

To Whom It May Concern:

I'd like to make a reservation for July 28, 2013 in the Steakhouse. I will be celebrating my 37th birthday (the actual date) and wanted to treat myself to something nice.

Hopefully, I have not waited too long to make this request and you still have availability. I'm told it's not like the MDR; we are not allowed to request more than one dish in any given course; it's one dish per course. And since I've seen the menu, if there is something in one course that I don't like, am I allowed to choose two from one course? Is the fee still $35?

Response:

Good evening,

Please kindly advice for what time would you like your reservation to be made?

35 $ stands for 5 course meal one of each category. If you don’t want salad or soup you can have 2 appetizers, but for the second entrée will be a extra charge of 20 $.

Thanks and regards,

We are on the Legend in Europe Sept. 1st. I just booked the Steakhouse everyone always raves about it but we usually sail with friends and they don't want to do it. I am really excited I didn't tell my husband it will be a surprise. I would like to do the chefs table but I'm not sure we would care for the menu

Just got off the Breeze, you can order a second entre for $20.00. You can order as many appetizers as you want though and after I had the escargo, tuna tartar, broccoli soup, two helpings of their special pread, a ceasar salad, the 4 oz filet and 4 oz lobster, I had no room for desert. Oh, I forgot the baked potato thrown in just to overstuff myself.

The t-bone steak is like 14 or 18 oz. the filet mignon is huge at 9 oz. the prime rib is like 14 oz I think and the wifey couldn't finish the lamb chops!

I doubt anyone could finish two entres but I know that is a dumb statement because someone will come on here you says they have done it.

enjoy trying

Wow.....purposely over stuffing yourself.::eek:

In the past, I've been able to order two appetizers and the salad course.. But it's been five years since my last Carnival cruise. I'll let you know in a week when I'll be on the Glory and have 2 reservations at the Steakhouse.

I've never wanted two entrees.

Yes, please let us know. About 3 years ago on Spirit I asked if I could order 2 apps if I didn't get a salad and she told me I could get a salad too if I wanted ... will be on Miracle Aug 20 and will be doing steakhouse again :)

Yes, please let us know. About 3 years ago on Spirit I asked if I could order 2 apps if I didn't get a salad and she told me I could get a salad too if I wanted ... will be on Miracle Aug 20 and will be doing steakhouse again :)

The steakhouse consists of 6 courses. The amuse bouche, soup, salad, appetizer, main course with optional side dishes and dessert. You can order one of each or if you wish to get two soups and an app, it's up to you. The soups have been lobster bisque, which has been going downhill in quality over the years, as well as French Onion, which can be extremely filling sometimes due to the carmelization of the onions and how intense the broth is. Always remember that you can get dessert to go. It always tastes better about an hour or so later back in your cabin and your stomach has had time to settle. ;)

I can't find it ...

Did someone say on here how big the lobster and filet was if you get surf n turf? - I know the lobster by itself is a 10oz.

(Already trying to decide what to order LOL! Thinking maybe it would be better for one to order the lobster and one the rib eye or lamb chops and share instead of each getting surf n turf)

I can't find it ...

Did someone say on here how big the lobster and filet was if you get surf n turf? - I know the lobster by itself is a 10oz.

(Already trying to decide what to order LOL! Thinking maybe it would be better for one to order the lobster and one the rib eye or lamb chops and share instead of each getting surf n turf)

The surf n turf combo contains smaller versions of each. The tail is normally 8-10 oz and the filet is normally 9 oz. The combo gets you about 5 oz of each. The porterhouse used to be the best bang for your buck, but alas, it was taken off of the menu as a cost cutter. :(

In Feb we had one member of our party order two apps and no salad. No personal experience with more than one entree. With the size of our party 6 people we got two free bottles of wine on the first night of the cruise

In Feb we had one member of our party order two apps and no salad. No personal experience with more than one entree. With the size of our party 6 people we got two free bottles of wine on the first night of the cruise

Seems like it should have been 3 free bottles. If you had been one couple (2) dining, they would have given you 1 free bottle. :):):):)

Archived