Early Saver No More Protection if Instant or Super Saver

kp221

Just on the phone with a carnival rep to get my price drop through. She informed me that when you switch from Early Saver rate to the Super Saver or Instant Saver rate you can't get price drops anymore. I don't know how accurate this is, but something to consider.

Just on the phone with a carnival rep to get my price drop through. She informed me that when you switch from Early Saver rate to the Super Saver or Instant Saver rate you can't get price drops anymore. I don't know how accurate this is, but something to consider.

If the Super Saver or Instant Saver rates are guarantees (meaning they pick your cabin), you have never been able to match to these rates on Early Saver unless you were willing to give up the room you had chosen and agree to go into the guarantee pool and let them select your room/location. Same thing on the Pack & Go rates.......

I think that's true with the new price structure as of 12/3/12. Early Saver will no longer be able to be price matched to any fare that includes guarantee cabin. You cannot give up your assigned cabin & go into the TBA pool.

If you booked ES before 12/3, I believe you can still price match & give up cabin.

I think that's true with the new price structure as of 12/3/12. Early Saver will no longer be able to be price matched to any fare that includes guarantee cabin. You cannot give up your assigned cabin & go into the TBA pool.

If you booked ES before 12/3, I believe you can still price match & give up cabin.

Sparky2 is correct - if you were already booked Early Saver prior to December 2012, you can "match" ES to Guarantee offerings by giving-up your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin in the Guarantee pool. ken

Sparky2 is correct - if you were already booked Early Saver prior to December 2012, you can "match" ES to Guarantee offerings by giving-up your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin in the Guarantee pool. ken

Yes, you are all correct; however, according to her, once you match to Super Saver or Instant saver (if you booked before this December) you are locked in to that rate and cannot price match anymore, not even to a lower Super Saver or Instant Saver rate a week later.

Seems to me it doesn't much make a difference when you book balconies. Have done that last 3 trips, and everytime the price drops they always say..sorry not your cat.! So why bother! I have sent in nearly 20 requests in the last couple of years (for balcony) and low and behold! I have the ONLY cat. that never drops! What a shock!! I only get put on early saver because I always book so far ahead of time! I've come to not expect any rewards for that. But I WILL cruise Carnival, and I WILL have fun!!

Yes, you are all correct; however, according to her, once you match to Super Saver or Instant saver (if you booked before this December) you are locked in to that rate and cannot price match anymore, not even to a lower Super Saver or Instant Saver rate a week later.

There's nothing in the new rules stating this. You haven't switched to the Instant or Super Saver, you've only price-matched to it and remain (grandfathered) Early Saver with unlimited price-matches. It is true that if you book these rates, you cannot get price drops. I think the agent will prove to be wrong, but we'll see as grandfathered Early Savers submit price adjustment claims against the Guarantee rates!!! ken.

There's nothing in the new rules stating this. You haven't switched to the Instant or Super Saver, you've only price-matched to it and remain (grandfathered) Early Saver with unlimited price-matches. It is true that if you book these rates, you cannot get price drops. I think the agent will prove to be wrong, but we'll see as grandfathered Early Savers submit price adjustment claims against the Guarantee rates!!! ken.

I hadn't seen anything in the new rules stating it either. That's just what she told me the new rules say. I just figured it would be good for anyone in the future who is Early Saver from before December and wanted to match to these rates to know about so they could verify as I would hate to have price matched not knowing this and her be correct.

This is probably going to be a stupid question but I'm asking it anyways! So if I booked ES a few months ago and have two cabins can I submit a price drop form for the Super Saver fare which has no cabin assignment? If I'm reading this properly I could have been doing that all along but now if I do submit the claim I will have to go into the guarantee pool?

This is probably going to be a stupid question but I'm asking it anyways! So if I booked ES a few months ago and have two cabins can I submit a price drop form for the Super Saver fare which has no cabin assignment? If I'm reading this properly I could have been doing that all along but now if I do submit the claim I will have to go into the guarantee pool?

According to the new rules, Yes. ken

I'll bet they were giving too much OBC with ES so they came up with these new categories..I'll never let them pick my room although years ago I did that a lot...I don't want to end up in a undesirsble cabin...Above a music venue or below the pool deck where they are dragging chairs at 6:00 am.....Dennis

I have a question (I've only booked one ES cruise, so bear with me on this.) The last cruise I went on was ES and we did fairly well price-matching to resident rates. What I've noticed the last couple of weeks is those rates are guaranteed rates now. Have they always been that way or have they switched them to guaranteed rates to avoid price-matching?

I just have submitted two for my upcoming cruise(s) in January. I booked them ES last December so we shall see. I have a port hole cabin on the Valor that I have asked to keep, and am willing to take whatever Carnival gives me, cabin-wise, on the Breeze to get the lower rate. I'll let you know!

Liz

I tried submitting the form to get OBC because the instant saver and super saver were much lower than what I booked. However I got a response back saying the same thing. There is no longer an early saver, only instant and super that are less than what we paid. So if we want that price drop, we can give up our room we picked to be thrown in the guaranteed room "pool". No thanks, I want to know that I am no above or below the stage, kitchen, lido deck, etc. Kinda sucks because that's what early saver is - get the lowest rate guaranteed, but now we're not.

I can honestly say I was a fan of ES in the past but I will no longer book ES since it is not the guaranteed lowest price anymore. Was telling dh a few months ago that this would happen...first they did away with FCC's and now ES is not the lowest and best price.

People have short memories. When ES was first started, as the rules state, you could only price match to your category. The rules have not changed, but people who did not understand that rule, or who constantly put in to price match to guarantees (which is against the rules and not the category you booked), finally Carnival relented and quit turning them down and started to allow the option of giving up your cabin.

I bet it was at least a year that they would just say no, you can only price match to your category. Now they decided to enforce the rules which have not changed.

Carnival just went back to enforcing the rules as they did in the beginning when ES first came out. I know back then I wanted to price match downward to a gty and was turned down and many others on CC were too. It was much later it was allowed for a time. I cant really say I blame them for enforcing the rules again. It was nice while it lasted!!!

Seems to me it doesn't much make a difference when you book balconies. Have done that last 3 trips, and everytime the price drops they always say..sorry not your cat.! So why bother! I have sent in nearly 20 requests in the last couple of years (for balcony) and low and behold! I have the ONLY cat. that never drops! What a shock!! I only get put on early saver because I always book so far ahead of time! I've come to not expect any rewards for that. But I WILL cruise Carnival, and I WILL have fun!!

The experts might suggest that you book under the 'standard' rate so you can make changes and has a better 'refund' for cancellations.

You can always switch to the ES, before the deadline and take advantage of price drops if you were to ever qualify.

What CAT are you booking?

Archived