Am I the only one excited about the 12.12.12 offer?

jewels89

So what is there to lose?

From my perspective, I have two new confirmed bookings dated 12/12/12 and saved copy of the offer and restrictions. I think I can make a pretty good case with the customer service agent of your choice. And if I were to fail, nothing lost! Unless ten minutes were precious to you, why not give it a shot?

Haha, I thought the previous post was rather pessimistic!

I'm glad to see your glass is half full! :) I wish there were more of you on cruise critic :P

If you cant cancel and then rebook, can you rebook and then cancel?

Interesting idea. :) That is what I was planning on doing. Rebooking all and then cancelling. I don't like the idea of cancelling first bc I could lose the rooms while I rebook. I'd rather have both then just switch rooms then cancel the others. We'll see how it goes. LOL

Interesting idea. :) That is what I was planning on doing. Rebooking all and then cancelling. I don't like the idea of cancelling first bc I could lose the rooms while I rebook. I'd rather have both then just switch rooms then cancel the others. We'll see how it goes. LOL

let us know how it goes for you! I believe my TA rebooked and then transferred my payment to the new cabin (if I understood her correctly).

I got excited. I booked a cruise today. Then I realized I get more credit because I own stock and because I am diamond than the offer.:D

On the upside, I was looking for a reason to book the cruise, and it excited the boss, my wife, and thus I booked a cruise!!!!

Look out Freedom of the Seas!

jc<----- I am back!:eek:

I did the cancel and rebook. We'll see what happens. If I don't get it, no worries as we were going anyway. If I do get it, great. There are so many offers that come out that you miss by a day because you didn't know and it's not worth it to get worked up.

I'm also waiting to see if prices in higher categories drop, as our booking price is relatively good so there is room for improvement if the prices do come down.

ETA: If a PP was referring to my post as pessimistic, I don't think it was "pessimistic" so much as "realistic". We all know that there are many offers that are "new bookings only" and there are times when they will cancel and rebook, or upgrade if you're paying more money. We also see offers like the WOW sales where they run reports and kick you out of the benefit if you get picked up. What is interesting is that the fine print of this offer said new bookings only, but it DID NOT state that reservations cancelled within a certain window would be ineligible if rebooked. So I guess only time will tell.

Onboard credit offer is applicable to new, individual bookings only; not applicable to groups. Bookings must be made on December 12, 2012. Offer is valid on all Royal Caribbean sailings departing between January 1 - December 31, 2013. Onboard credit offer is applicable for all stateroom categories; $12 Onboard credit per day. Bookings made in suite categories will receive $24 Onboard credit per day. Offer is applicable to Cruisetour bookings; Onboard credit amount based on total length of cruise and tour package. Offer based on rate paid. One offer per stateroom. No redemption necessary. Onboard credit will be applied by December 31, 2012. Onboard credit has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer is combinable with LAF and restricted rates (Seniors, Residents, Military). Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Onboard credit is in US dollars. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare qualify for onboard credit. Itineraries and prices are subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Certain restrictions may apply. © 2012 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd Ships registry: The Bahamas.

I thought this sale was very poorly worded. I clicked the link in the email I got and when the page opened all I saw was 12/12/12 sale $12 obc, I thought, boy this is no deal and closed my browser. It wasn't until later I started thinking about it and thought I must have missed something and went back an noticed I had missed the per day part. I wonder how many others did the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was very disappointed when they would not let me use my next cruise certificate along with this promotion. I have had many future cruise certificates from Carnival and they always let me use them along with any other sales that they had.

I had been looking for an economical cruise on Royal Caribbean ever since I bought this certificate in March but when I finally found one they won't let me use it.

What's the sense in buying a next cruise certificate if they only let you use it on the higher priced cruises when you can get another cruise date even cheaper without the certificate? :mad:

I will not buy any more next cruise certificates from RCI.

Well our story is the bomb....we booked our Independece OTS Cruise for December 2013 while on the Mariner OTS TA last month. Good Price and we got a 100.00 OBC. Then here comes the 12/12/12 sale..but we used an online TA. We cancelled our RCL reservation and booked with the Online TA. Not only did we get the exact same price.....2 cabins down from the original cabin we had on deck 8, E1 Balcony.....we got double OBC and they threw in dinner for 2 at one of the specialty restaurant.......SCORE! 3rd time using them and so far so good! :)

Mike

So, what was the overall deal? I booked an oceanview cabin on Jewel for April 2013 the DAY before, on the 11th! Will I be missing out on something?

Yes, the 12-12-12 sale was a one day only sale. If you booked that day you got $12 OBC each day that you cruised. A 7 day cruise got $84 OBC.

But the catch was that it could not be used in many circumstances or with other discounts or next cruise certificates.

• 1 month later...

I booked a suite on the jewel with the big warehouse store. It was a new booking and not part of a sale. When the ta calls Royal they said it was an f fare already discounted and was denied. He did tell me that he would try to call again for me And speak to someone else. I got a confirmation emailed by my ta that did not include it. It did include my balcony discount though. Then a day later I get another one from them that had the obc from royal on it. A couple days before the cruise I called the ta to confirm and they said they did not have it shown on theirs because it was royals credit. They said call royal and royal said they did not see any on board credit. I called my ta back and they said they sold investigate. I never heard back from them and I brought my paperwork with me on the cruise that showed the royal obc. Lo and behold a note appeared in my stateroom with my ta credit and ro credit. On top of that I still received my 25 platinum discount.

Archived