Am I the only one excited about the 12.12.12 offer?

jewels89

I thought I would come online and see people talking about the offer!

Because we were inside final payment date, we were able to cancel our booking and re-book in order to take advantage of the offer! $180 OBC on our cruise this April.

Thank you Santa ;)

I thought I would come online and see people talking about the offer!

Because we were inside final payment date, we were able to cancel our booking and re-book in order to take advantage of the offer! $180 OBC on our cruise this April.

Thank you Santa ;)

Hi Jewels.

When you canceled and rebooked were you able to keep the same room? If so I will be on the phone to RCCL!!!

It won't benefit us, as it is not combinable with C&A balcony discounts.

Same here. God forbid they offer someone an extra 100 bucks on a 3,500.00 purchase......:rolleyes:

Cruise price is up too so a moot point anyway, couldn't cancel and rebook.

Yeah, I cannot do it either. Cabin prices are $50pp higher for balcony, and $200pp higher for the promenade cabin compared to when I booked.

Plus, I have corner aft (7708) - biggest balcony on the ship (except for a handful).

I'm sticking.

Hi Jewels.

When you canceled and rebooked were you able to keep the same room? If so I will be on the phone to RCCL!!!

Hey!

I am in the same location one deck down- this was because I had booked a guarantee, and was assigned one category higher (difference of $20 of what I paid) so I was fine with going to the same location on the ship one deck down in a base stateroom in the category (this is because we hope to upgrade after final payment)

I would definitely call and see if it is a possibility!

Does me no good seeing how our cruise has went up in price like $600 pp ;)and the fact the only balcony that is left is a RS that is like $9000 so that $24 a day wont quite cover that upgrade from aft balcony. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't do it either, for us it was a great option, and when I had heard about this promotion it made a sweet deal even sweeter (for us)

Cancelling and rebooking is now not an option. Called to see if I could cancel and rebook the one I made on Monday, deposited on Tuesday, outside final (not due until next month) and was told that reservations received an email at about 10:15 this morning that only new bookings, cannot cancel and rebook, even if outside of final payment.

Oh, well, would have been nice to have $84 for the cabin and our price is the same so it would have been a good benefit for us. Probably should have waited a couple of days to make the reservation, but I won't die for $84.

Cancelling and rebooking is now not an option. Called to see if I could cancel and rebook the one I made on Monday, deposited on Tuesday, outside final (not due until next month) and was told that reservations received an email at about 10:15 this morning that only new bookings, cannot cancel and rebook, even if outside of final payment.

Oh, well, would have been nice to have $84 for the cabin and our price is the same so it would have been a good benefit for us. Probably should have waited a couple of days to make the reservation, but I won't die for $84.

That's a shame, sorry it didn't work out! But I like your outlook! How could you NOT be happy with the cruise? :)

Uh... I just cancelled and rebooked. Booked same cruise, same two rooms, same price, and put $168 in the bank for about 10 minutes' effort.

Uh... I just cancelled and rebooked. Booked same cruise, same two rooms, same price, and put $168 in the bank for about 10 minutes' effort.

Did you do it online or through the phone?

The RC rep that answered my call told me that even if I did that, I would not receive the credit because the computer would know I did it. Was she lying?!

Did you do it online or through the phone?

The RC rep that answered my call told me that even if I did that, I would not receive the credit because the computer would know I did it. Was she lying?!

I would call back and see if someone else can help you... I don't think the computer would be able to tell...

Nope, they are still saying policy is no cancellations/rebookings. What will happen is the system will review for any reservations that were cancelled and then rebooked and they will not apply the OBC. There may be ways around the system, but they are not supposed to be doing it.

So the fact that your reservation agent did the cancellation and rebook may mean that the OBC might or might not be there when they apply it at the end of the year.

I guess we'll see what happens.

I guess we'll see what happens.

So what is there to lose?

From my perspective, I have two new confirmed bookings dated 12/12/12 and saved copy of the offer and restrictions. I think I can make a pretty good case with the customer service agent of your choice. And if I were to fail, nothing lost! Unless ten minutes were precious to you, why not give it a shot?

Archived