The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Hi Huskerdan25. If you refer back to around posts 70-75 there is some photos and discussion of cabins very close to yours..think you are in the clear of lifeboats, just!

Thanks! I kind of perused through the thread since it is so long and probably went right over those posts :)

• 2 weeks later...

I consider being on the decks right below the overhang like being on the beach in a cabana. If you are looking to tan on your balcony all day this is not the balcony for you. However if you want a great view that does get sun, but it's not ALWAYS in your face, then this is for you.

Here is a video from our cabin. When I'm back at my laptop I'll upload the pics from the balcony. Yes, we did get plenty of sun, and no rain when we were in Puerto Rico. The video shows the balcony at the end and I did not find the over hang to be ugly, but that was me and my Sweetie.

Great video Chitown! Appreciated the detail showing the TV swivel and space under the bed. Agree that the overhang doesn't look so bad when looking straight out, but those 'poles' would drive me crazy looking fwd and aft, not too mention play havoc with my photography!! Hope you had a great cruise and enjoyed Blu and other benefits of Aqua class!

Great video Chitown! Appreciated the detail showing the TV swivel and space under the bed. Agree that the overhang doesn't look so bad when looking straight out, but those 'poles' would drive me crazy looking fwd and aft, not too mention play havoc with my photography!! Hope you had a great cruise and enjoyed Blu and other benefits of Aqua class!

Thanks QE2_Fan. My first choice would be on the hump, but if wouldn't walk away from a good overhang location.

I found the videos on YouTube went to fast and didn't cover some details, so I tried to do a little better. Getting ready for the next cruise and will cover more details if any are missing, but nothing nothing like this great thread!

This is our first time on Eclipse in cabin 1548, anybody have any idea about overhang or problems with this cabin, as we may still be able to change,

We were in 1548 (on the Solstice) for 35 nights last winter.

No problems with an overhang. Great cabin.

The only problem was that most mornings around 7:30 we could hear what must have been the rolling cart with the towels above in the Solarium. It was the only time i noticed any noise at all. For that reason we chose 1544 (a little more forward and under the retail store of the beauty salon) for this winter's cruise.

I loved the location just under the Solarium area so I could pop up there for a cup of coffee or tea. My husband said he would have preferred further back and closer to the buffet area. (But he leaves all the cruise details up to me so we'll be forward again. ;) )

I have tried in several posts to get information on this cabin and nothing. I can,t believe no one has stayed in this cabin or 8340 on the opposite side. No photos, no information on how many poles inside this cabin, nothing. Iam not sure if I want to book it or not. Thanks .

I have tried in several posts to get information on this cabin and nothing. I can,t believe no one has stayed in this cabin or 8340 on the opposite side. No photos, no information on how many poles inside this cabin, nothing. Iam not sure if I want to book it or not. Thanks .

Check out the "sticky" at the top of the Celebrity forum titled: S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

There is a review of the cabin listed in the S-Class spreadsheet.

I've attached link below - not sure if it works.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&colid0=1&filterstr0=8340&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

After several days of reading this thread, I've finally made it to the other side. :)

Looking for input from cruisetail or anyone else who would like to chime in. We're doing a Med cruise next summer on the SIL, and are looking to book a room on the 8th or 9th deck (Cat 1A-1C). We're currently booked in 8191, which is Port on the forward hump and next to the forward elevators. I moved to this room before finding this thread, and just based on what I was able to deduce from the deck plans and exterior pics I could find online.

Here's what we'd like to have:

1) Deck 8 or 9 (1A-1C)

2) View of water or land left, right and down.

3) Not extremely forward or aft

In addition to the room we are currently in, we have been looking at rooms on the midship hump such as 8246, 9217 and 8277. But it seems like we may actually have an obstructed view down to the water on the midship hump that we wouldn't have on the forward hump.

Any thoughts or suggestions for us?

Hello,

I hope this finds you all well and warm. (I'm in the Northeast and we are in the middle of a snow storm).

All the reviews and Pix are of balcony cabins. So far, there seems to be little (if any) Feedback on Silhouette Inside Cabin? I hope to upgrade as the departure date is closer. Now I am in 9320, slightly aft. Can anyone give me some feedback on this?

Thank you for any assistance, /e. elizabeth0829