New cruiseship for --- BRISBANE!!!!

bazzaw

HA!!

If it was April, I could say APRIL FOOL!

P&O newsletter says that Pacific Jewel is to join Pacific Dawn running from Brisbane in 2014.

Says some other things also - but you probably all know about those?? ;)

Barry

OOOH!!! - AND departures from Melbourne to Kangaroo Island, Port Lincoln and Robe OOH! Also ,parties on the beach at Moreton Island with roving entertainers, live music, dancers and food stalls and OOOH! itineraries from Sydney and Brisbane for Australia Day celebrations in Sydney Harbour ( Now! that one interests me!! :D)

Barry

I had heard previously about visits to Moreton Island, but the rest is news to me. Thanks Barry.:) Maybe some others haven't heard all this news also. :)

It was meant to be tongue in cheek....thus this little icon :p :D

Sheesh Barry, get with the program. This has been known since October LOL :D:D:D:D:p

Don't you know this is cruisecritic? :p

News articles get posted, and posted, and posted as though they're new each time. (Like the recent re-post about port charge rises in Sydney when that was posted back mid-year.)

Hmm -- I don't think I live here quite as much as some -- but which bits have already been announced here.??

The bit about stopping at Moreton Island certainly has - but what about the bits about the parties on the beach with roving entertainers, live music, dancers and food stalls while stopped there. I must have missed that announcement

Must have missed the announcement that Pac Jewel is going to operate from Brisbane from 2014 onwards.

Must also have missed the announcement about cruises by Pac Pearl out of Melbourne to Kangaroo Island, Port Lincoln and Robe.

Can't say that I have previously seen anything about Australia day cruises where you can see the Australia Day activities in Sydney Harbour from a couple of ships from different departure Ports.

Nor have I seen any discussion of P&O's obvious new strategy of shorter cruises.

I think they will do well out of these things - and have a good strategy to combat the market oversupply created by all the visiting carpetbaggers

:D:D

Barry

The Pacific Jewel is doing one or two cruises out of Brisbane that is all, nothing special really.

the Pacific Jewel will be in Brisbane from 27th june 2014 until the 7th sept 2014 so she's going to do a few cruises

Oooooooooooooo my bad :D

I learnt all those things whilst I was on PJ in October.............and forgot to pass it on.........SHOOT ME! :eek: In fact, I almost booked the Pearl Melbourne/South Australia cruise at the time....but changed my mind and decided to wait until I got home (still haven't booked it........cos it's P&O :p)

Perhaps discussion in the P&O forum should commence hahahaha

I guess their sending PJ to Brisbane, cos everyone here hates it :p

the Pacific Jewel will be in Brisbane from 27th june 2014 until the 7th sept 2014 so she's going to do a few cruises

I heard when it first was announced that is was only 1 or 2. My bad then.

I guess their sending PJ to Brisbane, cos everyone here hates it :p

They should just keep it up there and bring back the Dawn.

Archived