We're new to Oceania - Beverage Package Pricing?

Runaways

I would appreciate clarification from recent Oceania cruisers regarding the current pricing of the two Beverage Packages. I have a Brochure covering cruises through 2013 and it states "Value Packages. Beer, Wine and Spirit Packages: Priced from US$29.95 per guest per day". I believed the Premium Package price was US$49.95 per guest per day. However, I just checked Oceania's website and see the Package prices are quoted at approx. US$34 and $54? It was my understanding that the $29.95 & $49.95 per guest per day Packages included gratuities (at 18% - 3% higher than Celebrity or Azamara) - is that correct, whatever the current Package prices are? Your knowledge and input of the current situation will be much appreciated, thank you.

I would appreciate clarification from recent Oceania cruisers regarding the current pricing of the two Beverage Packages. I have a Brochure covering cruises through 2013 and it states "Value Packages. Beer, Wine and Spirit Packages: Priced from US$29.95 per guest per day". I believed the Premium Package price was US$49.95 per guest per day. However, I just checked Oceania's website and see the Package prices are quoted at approx. US$34 and $54? It was my understanding that the $29.95 & $49.95 per guest per day Packages included gratuities (at 18% - 3% higher than Celebrity or Azamara) - is that correct, whatever the current Package prices are? Your knowledge and input of the current situation will be much appreciated, thank you.

DW and I purchased the package on our TA on the Riviera this last November at the old price.

New pricing went into effect 12/10/2012. I guess when you have a good thing going someone realizes that we should be charging more. Still, if you do like

cocktails and that glass or two of wine each day the package is very

reasonable, tips included.

I had the Premium Package on Regatta two weeks ago and based on the standard price of Oceania drinks, the package makes it well worthwhile without even requiring a lot of consumption. Standard drinks (high balls & cocktails) are $9 (+18%=$10.62 each), beers are $6 (+18%=$7.08).

At dinner I would usually have wines by the glass: One white wine ($9+18%=$10.62) with my appetizer, a red with the main course ($11+18%=$12.98) and a glass of Dow's Vintage Port ($18+18%=$21.24) with cheese or dessert and coffees. That's 45 bucks at one meal which alone almost covers the package.

Without getting into the champagnes or even the top shelf single malt scotches and liquors, one can still save significantly with the package. And it's a benefit to also just enjoy whatever drink whenever you want without wondering how much it costs and how high your tab is running...

Ok, situation, I am on a cruise , a grand cruise of 49 days, which is comprised of 3 sub segments 17 day 16 day and a 16 day.

Is it possible in this situation to say go for the first segment and then the last? Or something like that.

Will I get a statement and credit card charge at the end of each segment:rolleyes: ?

To clarify my question, there are several days when we are just cruising and would want the package and a couple of days with nearly all day excursions when we wouldn't use much of the package. Can you buy it for a certain number of days and not the entire cruise?

To clarify my question, there are several days when we are just cruising and would want the package and a couple of days with nearly all day excursions when we wouldn't use much of the package. Can you buy it for a certain number of days and not the entire cruise?

No, they are not not selling the packages "by the day".

There is a window at the beginning of the cruise, but then you must either purchase a package for the remainder of the voyage, or not at all.

Ok, situation, I am on a cruise , a grand cruise of 49 days, which is comprised of 3 sub segments 17 day 16 day and a 16 day.

Is it possible in this situation to say go for the first segment and then the last? Or something like that.

Will I get a statement and credit card charge at the end of each segment:rolleyes: ?

You'll definitely be able to buy or not buy the package on a segment by segment basis , and you will get a statement at the end of each segment

No, they are not not selling the packages "by the day".

There is a window at the beginning of the cruise, but then you must either purchase a package for the remainder of the voyage, or not at all.

Jim,

Is this new? I know that is the case with the internet package, but never heard that with the beverage package. If I am not mistaken they were still advertising the packages in the Currents way into our transatlantic cruise last month. I do know that once you purchase it, it is for the remainder of the cruise.

Cenia

PS See you in May 2014!!

Jim,

Is this new? I know that is the case with the internet package, but never heard that with the beverage package. If I am not mistaken they were still advertising the packages in the Currents way into our transatlantic cruise last month. I do know that once you purchase it, it is for the remainder of the cruise.

Cenia

PS See you in May 2014!!

Hi Cenia! I was THRILLED to hear from Don that you and Glen booked 2014! Are you not getting my emails?

Back to business-

Because the Packages are still fairly new, so the interpretation of the rules seem to be a little more loose right now, but the fact remains that from the time of purchase, the Packages may only be purchased for the remainder of the voyage

What if the cruise is a GRAND VOYAGE it is sold as X amount of days even though it is different segments sold also as single cruises so some may not be doing the full Grand Voyage :confused:

Confused yet :D

When we have done a B2B we get a statement at the end of each cruise & the final balance is charged to the CC on the last night of the last cruise we were on

The internet has been carried over but that was before the new packages came out with the set up fee

You'll definitely be able to buy or not buy the package on a segment by segment basis , and you will get a statement at the end of each segment

Thank you all for your prompt and helpful information. I hadn't even thought about buying segment-by-segment. We've just booked Papeete-Lima-New York April-May 2014 - SOOO far out, but what an interesting itinerary. The Beverage Package could be very good for the first sector, and perhaps not so 'necessary:o" on the second. So, food for thought, thank you very much.

Gwenn & Ian (Australia)

Thank you all for your prompt and helpful information. I hadn't even thought about buying segment-by-segment. We've just booked Papeete-Lima-New York April-May 2014 - SOOO far out, but what an interesting itinerary. The Beverage Package could be very good for the first sector, and perhaps not so 'necessary:o" on the second. So, food for thought, thank you very much.

Gwenn & Ian (Australia)

We will be joining you on the Lima to New York portion of this trip and then heading on to London on the New York to London trip. April 2014 is so far out who knows what the rules will be by then. Let's just "stay tuned" to see how things work out. Perhaps between now and then, someone will post who has been on one of the "Grand Voyages" or B2B's and can tell us what they experienced.

We will be joining you on the Lima to New York portion of this trip and then heading on to London on the New York to London trip. April 2014 is so far out who knows what the rules will be by then. Let's just "stay tuned" to see how things work out. Perhaps between now and then, someone will post who has been on one of the "Grand Voyages" or B2B's and can tell us what they experienced.

Hi CAG. I hope we find each other on the Lima-NY voyage. It's so far in the future, I think we should just forget about it for the next 10-12 months, then see what Packages etc. are available for April 2014. It's hard not to be a bit excited though, even now! Best wishes, Gwenn.

Archived