On the Breeze which cabin 11201 or 11203

Susiecruisey

The whole point is that when we book a HC cabin we are sent a medical form to fill out and return.

When someone does have a form on fill they can be moved.

Not for how it really happens ... I call to book a HC cabin. There are none available.

They DO NOT automatically verify that a form is on file. We then have to jump through hoops getting transferred from one person to the next until finally we get someone to verify that the cabins are indeed needed or not.

Why should a C person have to go through this.

So, yes there are only 4 OV Spa cabins on the ship but there are also 1810 other cabins to choose from. HC cabins are limited to 35 on Breeze.

As far as saying once you paid for a cabin blah blah blah. Go read your cruise ticket contract Carnival does not guarantee any cabin you book and they can move you for any or no reason regardless if you booked a spa cabin or not. Do they?? No not usually but they can.

I am mainlyy booking it for the spa access. but don't want an inside spa cabin. and don't need a balcony so that leaves me to book the OV spa cabin

If that is what you want..go for it. The cruiseline can't ask you if you are disabled so just lie if they want to move you...heck with any real disabled person who would like "spa access"...as long as you are getting what you want.

So you are saying that disabled persons should NOT be allowed to enjoy the Spa???

Seriously, do you even know anyone who lives in a wheelchair.

The spa is one of the best relievers for a disabled person. The Thalassotherapy Pool alone is worth them getting a spa cabin. Why else would the Spa be listed on the ADA deck plans.:rolleyes:

So you are saying that disabled persons should NOT be allowed to enjoy the Spa???

Seriously, do you even know anyone who lives in a wheelchair.

The spa is one of the best relievers for a disabled person. The Thalassotherapy Pool alone is worth them getting a spa cabin. Why else would the Spa be listed on the ADA deck plans.:rolleyes:

I personaly never said that. I would give up the HC in a heartbeat if someone needed it, I am just booking it for the access and then if they move me so be it but it would have to be in a higher or same cat as I booked with spa access.

I personaly never said that. I would give up the HC in a heartbeat if someone needed it, I am just booking it for the access and then if they move me so be it but it would have to be in a higher or same cat as I booked with spa access.

I don't think you're going to get anyone who agrees with you that it's ok to book a HC room if you don't need it (unless its close to sailing).

Personally I think it would be bad karma to tempt fate like that!

J

The situation is it clearly screws up other Handicapped folks access..who need the wheelchair and closer ease and the hoops Carnival has in place make it hard to navigate through once booked..even if you say you would give it up..it is one of those things you say and argue in your own mind it is ok...we all fail this way and have our own conscience and faith and amends or atonements...in the end...

IMHO and in the spirit of the season..book a cabin with spa passes you can afford now and leave the little better outside for the ones in pain,,.and wheelchair,,,and crutches and skooter bound for them..it is good karma.....Sarah

I don't think you're going to get anyone who agrees with you that it's ok to book a HC room if you don't need it (unless its close to sailing).

Personally I think it would be bad karma to tempt fate like that!

J

agreed, very selfish on your part

• 2 months later...

I am handicapped and do have 11201 booked so I came to cruisecritics to read about the cabin. Instead, I find people arguing about the right to reserve one of these cabins. Let me give you my two cents - who cares what you all think? This is a discussion about the cabin itself. I personally would like to read about the cabin, not about who is right or wrong...

Here is my two cents about booking. If a handicap person books early, they get the room. The cruiselines should not hold onto cabins in the event that a handicap person might book... The same when I go to the ladies room. 9 out 10 times I have to wait because a non-handicap is in the stall. I wait my turn. I don't think the cruiselines have to hold these rooms. If a handicap person wants to cruise, book early. I don't want any perks because of my disability, I want to be treated like everyone else.

Get off your high horses, and let's stay on topic. Did anyone stay in 11201 or the like? How was it, did you like it? Was there much noise? Would you book the room again? I am so looking forward to this cabin, but am cruising with some first-time cruisers and I want to know if they will be happy there, is there too much motion?

I don't care if you are handicap or not, but if you actually stayed in this area, please do tell.

I am handicapped and do have 11201 booked so I came to cruisecritics to read about the cabin. Instead, I find people arguing about the right to reserve one of these cabins. Let me give you my two cents - who cares what you all think? This is a discussion about the cabin itself. I personally would like to read about the cabin, not about who is right or wrong...

Here is my two cents about booking. If a handicap person books early, they get the room. The cruiselines should not hold onto cabins in the event that a handicap person might book... The same when I go to the ladies room. 9 out 10 times I have to wait because a non-handicap is in the stall. I wait my turn. I don't think the cruiselines have to hold these rooms. If a handicap person wants to cruise, book early. I don't want any perks because of my disability, I want to be treated like everyone else.

Get off your high horses, and let's stay on topic. Did anyone stay in 11201 or the like? How was it, did you like it? Was there much noise? Would you book the room again? I am so looking forward to this cabin, but am cruising with some first-time cruisers and I want to know if they will be happy there, is there too much motion?

I don't care if you are handicap or not, but if you actually stayed in this area, please do tell.

Thank you

Very good response....

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

well said! great attitude by the way! :)

Edited by Pattyd227

Your statement is great in theory, however the routine practice is that a number of travel agents know these cabins are larger and coveted and have lists on non-handicapped individuals they book for. I need a handicapped cabin and have attempted to book one of these cabins on day two of the release of the travel dates and have been told they are all booked. Getting the cruise line to check requires hours on the phone many times to be turned away. So i book a lesser cabin, much more crowded and watch folks come and go all day from those choice cabins - no wheelchairs, no walkers, no scooters. Must get two cabins so my grandkids can travel because handicapped cabins for 4 are very limited.

• 1 year later...

My wife was recently diagnosed with a rare disease (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy). She has a short time to live and I was advised to get busy on her bucket list.

So I booked a room in Omaha for the total solar eclipse in 2017 (not knowing if my wife would still be alive by then) and then turned my attention to a more short-term Caribbean cruise. Wow. You can't imagine how hard it is to book a 'modified' room on Carnival Cruise Lines.

My travel agent spent two hours trying to get a room on the cruises we really wanted to take, but nearly all of the modified rooms were booked, so we settled for whatever we could get. At no time did anyone mention that a non-HC person could be bumped to make room for my wife. So we settled for room 11201 on Carnival Breeze in March 2017, because that was the first room available within a window that my doctors felt confident my wife would still be able to enjoy and remember her adventure.

Ironically, I have been told to fill out a form that proves my wife really is disabled and needs a modified cabin. How come able-bodied people are not required to do the same? Or are people lying on their applications? Room 11201 is a VERY desirable room for people who are disabled because it has room to turn a wheelchair around and move it into and out of a shower space which has a folding seat, without having to navigate any bumps in the floor. It also has grab bars galore for people who often fall down. Here is what the nearly identical room looks like on one of her sister ships:

you send in the forms so there is NO CHANCE of them moving you out of the cabin.

March is prime time spring break and people booked those cabins long ago. When booking an AB cabin you need to do this a minumum of 6 months or more out

Edited by serene56

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Do any of you who have had this cabin 11201 on the Breeze happen to have pictures of the cabin? We are going on a cruise later this year and this was the ONLY modified/accessible cabin for 4 still available on the ship, (although there are 35 total accessible or modified cabins, there are only a handful with an occupancy of 4, so our only choice was this cabin, or book 2 cabins for 2). I've seen the YouTube video of the same room on a sister ship, but was curious about 11201 on the Breeze specifically.

Thank you in advance!

Do any of you who have had this cabin 11201 on the Breeze happen to have pictures of the cabin? We are going on a cruise later this year and this was the ONLY modified/accessible cabin for 4 still available on the ship, (although there are 35 total accessible or modified cabins, there are only a handful with an occupancy of 4, so our only choice was this cabin, or book 2 cabins for 2). I've seen the YouTube video of the same room on a sister ship, but was curious about 11201 on the Breeze specifically.

Thank you in advance!

Look at website shipcabins dot com. Some pictures are available of that cabin. May even have a video. Also you tube may. just google the cabin #.

This thread is blowing my mind.

I'm super picky about where I stay on a ship. If the only cabin in the area I wanted was categorized as an accessible one for handicap guests, I would consider it UNAVAILABLE to me since no one in my family has a "need" for this cabin. It's not about being willing to move should someone need this cabin. It's about taking something that you truly don't have the right to take in the first place.

I think so many people are struggling to describe the cabin, because it seems like a moot issue here.

(If there's no one in the handicap spot in front of Target, would you park there because there are 2 available, and you want to be close to the entrance since you're buying a LOT of stuff)?

This is quite a slippery slope.

They are the only OV Spa cabins and they are the only choice I have if I want a OV Spa cabin....

So are you saying that you are NOT handicapped and just want the cabin because it has a window on the spa deck? If so, this angers me. My husband is paralyzed. We have had to miss many cruise sail dates with family and friends because there were no handicapped accessible cabins left. For someone to take them without a specific medical need is just wrong! It's really hard for handicapped people to travel. The main issue is that only the accessible cabins have doorways that aren't wide enough for a wheelchair to fit through. Please don't take those cabins from people that truly need them.