Attention coffee drinkers

tapacuk

Looks like the electric kettle is verboten. I wonder if room service can deliver water hot enough to use my press pot? (195-205 degrees). Any tea drinkers out there have experience with that?

which cruise line? I know they can for tea on Carnival, NCL Room service never answered, so I don't know...and on Disney they had hot water with assortment of tea bag at the drink station, (along with coffee, milk, hot chocolate and soda/water.)

Wow thanks for the Starbucks tip - sailing on our first Princess Cruise, so I will order a pot of hot water instead of coffee every morning :D

I live for NCL - they have a Lavazza machine in every suite, coffee is made fresh, french press, at your table, in Cagney's and in the MDR....

some, taste better with milk (the peppermint mocha even says add milk) and they do have the iced coffees as well (taste better with milk...)

We will be sailing on the Disney Fantasy. DH is the avid coffee drinker. I bought him an unbreakable French Press Pot and will bring coffee from home. He will drink the coffee available and not complain; but, it is such an easy fix once I found out the coffee on board was *bleh*.

We will be sailing on the Disney Fantasy. DH is the avid coffee drinker. I bought him an unbreakable French Press Pot and will bring coffee from home. He will drink the coffee available and not complain; but, it is such an easy fix once I found out the coffee on board was *bleh*.

it's Nescafe . I asked.

Also, the servers/staff will know where the cafe houses are (and where free wifi is)! But the price for coffee in the cafe cove was responsible, less than our normal starbucks trip (dh doesn't like coffee, but something way too sweet. I like coffee, but tend to add ice cream/hot chocolate to it).

Yuck. The ship coffee bar must make a fortune.

Mom's a coffee snob, I'm a tea junkie. Getting a bigger hydroflask for each of us is looking better all the time. I have a smaller one and they keep water hot for hours. Just be careful because the water stays incredibly hot!

Carnivalgirl: How did you like having french press on board? Was it worth the cleanup, or is Starbucks instant good enough?

it's Nescafe . I asked.

Also, the servers/staff will know where the cafe houses are (and where free wifi is)! But the price for coffee in the cafe cove was responsible, less than our normal starbucks trip (dh doesn't like coffee, but something way too sweet. I like coffee, but tend to add ice cream/hot chocolate to it).

I did that in the afternoons on the CCL Pride on the Lido deck, yummy!

Yuck. The ship coffee bar must make a fortune.

Mom's a coffee snob, I'm a tea junkie. Getting a bigger hydroflask for each of us is looking better all the time. I have a smaller one and they keep water hot for hours. Just be careful because the water stays incredibly hot!

Anyone brought a french press on board? Was it worth the cleanup, or is Starbucks instant good enough?

It may be atypical and probably is but I never saw anyone at the coffee bar on the Pride (other than the very lonely looking employee manning it).

I took a French press on our last cruise. We happened to be a deck below the buffet and I would just run up and get the hot water from their dispensers at the coffee station there. By the time I got back to the room, coffee was ready. Believe me, I got a lot of envious looks and could have made a fortune selling coffee, LOL.

On another note for coffee drinkers!

I love iced coffee and make my own at home, at least 24 oz a day. For me and my husband, we use our coffee pot with our fresh ground beans to make at least 2, most of the time 3 12 cup pots a day.

With how much coffee I drink (he wasn't on our last cruise) I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg at the coffee bar. I have never had a problem bringing a bottle of Torani (or what ever you wish) syrup on sealed.

Milk, Ice, Coffee, Syrup in one of my big straw cups worked wonders and actually saved my money for the week!

I personally have never found the coffee on a ship not drinkable, but I also grew up in a house that didn't have a problem making one of those big giant cafeteria style coffee dispensers and using that for 3-4 days until it was empty so... :)

It is still syrup. The ground stuff is available for sale at the International Cafe. Their coffee dispensers work like soda dispensers however they are not calibrated very well. There are usually 6 dispensers at the Horizon Court. You can do a taste test until you will find a dispenser that spits out a coffee that is tolerable:D

As you can see from my signature, I'm pretty limited to my experiences on ships. I have only had coffee on the Monarch of the Seas. I read on CC, and then confirmed, that Seattle's Best coffee is served in the far forward section of the Windjammer, but not in the main section of the Windjammer. (Side note: if anybody can tell me why that is, I'm curious.)

Now that Monarch OTS will be leaving the fleet, I'm interested to know about Enchantment OTS. Is the coffee situation similar there? Is there a "secret" place to get better coffee without using the specialty coffee shop? I probably should look for a thread specifically about Monarch vs Enchantment to start learning all of the neat things about Enchantment. :-)

My niece works for Starbucks in the corporate office in Seattle and is sending me some Via bags to try out. Via comes in a variety of blends, I'm trying the French Roast. If I like the Via I plan to buy some for our cruise. I understand room service will deliver hot water. ;)

I am tempted to take my Keurig on my next cruise.....I can't get a decent cup of coffee on RCL, Carnival or NCL. Although the best of the 3 was NCL. I don't like strong coffee, just a good tasting regular brew....is that so hard to get?? Talking bout mugs, the Tervis tumblers are great for hot or cold beverages.....

Coffee is not an option for me... I NEED IT EVERY DAY!!!!! That being said I find the coffee in the dining room better than on the Lido. Not being an early riser I bring an insulated mug and fill with half coffee, half hot chocolate. Makes a great morning beverage!!! :):):)

I just got done with my first cruise last week and wanted to pass along my observations as they come to me. I'd like to talk coffee here.

I am the type of person that is up pretty early in the morning, and was usually up to watch the ship pull in to the port. Standing on deck, watching land approach and enjoying a coffee was a very pleasant experience, however, the shot glasses that are passed off as coffee mugs are a joke. I saw a few people that brought their own travel mugs and thought to myself, I wish I would have thought to bring that!!! So, if you are anything like me, and prefer more than a sip of coffee at a time, pack your own travel mug.

I bring my own travel mug and wash it out as needed. What you could do is stuff your coffee mug full of mini liquor bottles and close the lid. And Voilla you can make your favorite drinks on board.

Does anyone know if the servers at the I.C. mind serving the "good stuff" in a mug when you bring your own?

I, too, like coffee that tastes like coffee and don't mind paying for it but it sure would be nice if I could get it in my own mug at the I.C.

Does anyone know if the servers at the I.C. mind serving the "good stuff" in a mug when you bring your own?

I, too, like coffee that tastes like coffee and don't mind paying for it but it sure would be nice if I could get it in my own mug at the I.C.

Okay I am a new cruiser, what is the IC? Internet Center, International Cafe??? :confused:

My girlfriend and I usually have our big cups for our morning coffee (easily twice the size of regular cups) and we didn't think to bring them on our first cruise. We started ordering coffee for 4 with room service so we could get extra of that foul brew, definitely bringing some other coffee option this June for our next cruise. I loved sitting out on the balcony as my brain was booting up and just watching the water go by and sip that foulness to give my body it's much needed caffeine.

Archived