Drinking water on Voyager of the Seas

Hi I'm going on the voyager in Feb. My understanding is water, tea, coffee and juice is free at breakfast. My Aunty is also going and her travel agent said nothing is free. The water is recycled and cannot be consumed. Every beveredge is to be paid for. I think she's trying to make them buy the soft drink package. Can someone who has just been on the voyager since she has been in Australia help me. Thanks!:)

Can't help from the AU perspective, but on all this ships I have been on in the US and Europe you are correct, water, tea, coffee and juice are free at breakfast, water, tea and coffee are free 24 hrs a day at the Cafe Promenade. Drinking water is proccessed onboard, it is desalinated sea water, not recycled, and is ok to drink, very pure.

I can't see them changing this for the AU market at all.

Cafe Promenade, Sorontas Pizza and Wind Jamer always had water , and I know the wind jammer always had some waterly juices for free. MY wife and I always get the pop package each, I dont know why the travel agent is pushing the package either she wont get anything extra for selling you that since if you are on royal you can buy it before or buy it when you are on the ship :)

Water on the ship is perfectly fine and quite safe to drink - what do you think they make the ice cubes out of??? People have been cruising and drinking the ship water for many years before bottled water became fashionable. I don't drink soda and have never paid for a beverage except those containing alcohol. We do bring empty sports bottles to fill with water ot lemonade to have by the pool or for excursions. Just can't see hauling on cases of water, but to each his own.

Unless it specifies a spring source bottled water is produced by much the same process as the ship water - flash evaporation distilation or reverse osmosis with trace minerals added back in for taste. Only downside I've seen to ship water in cabins is it is often warm even at coldest setting from the travel through warmed spaces. But on ice in eating venues it is fine.

We don't drink pop/soda and the free coffee is is better than we drink at home so we've never paid for any non-alcohol beverages either. Juice & coffee at breakfast, ice tea at lunch and lemonade in afternoon take care of us nicely for free.

Archived