Canadian Cruisers and Credit Card Billing

RD64

Merry Christmas All

I was just filling in my on-0line docs for an upcoming cruise, and I am stuck at the "Is your card billed in US dollars" segment. I want to avoid having Princess do any type of American conversion. I searched older posts - and they suggested that I click NO - and that it would give the option to select "No Currency Conversion"

I tried it and this option is no longer available - so I just selected "Billed in US Dollars".

\

Anybody have any recent experience with this?

Thank You

We're sailing next week and we always give our Canadian credit card to the cruiseline and they will bill your credit card in US dollars. Your credit card company will do the conversion. We've never had a problem, but there may be others on this board who have other suggestions that I'm not aware of.

You want your card billed in US trust me, if you have Princess convert it somehow there always seems to end up being a double conversion...we had this happen to us on our first cruise because we didn't know any better.

We pay cash (or travellers cheques) towards our account right from day one at the pursers desk and avoid charges on the CC that way. Last cruise we ended up with a $3.19 charge at the end. I still have no idea why but I wasn't about to argue over such a small amount.

Get a US Mastercard or Visa. That is what we use on our cruises. On our B2B on Celebrity first bill there was no conversion and the 2nd one was charged Instead of giving us back $20 they gave us an OBC for $50 for our upcoming cruise with them.

With Princess we have never had a problem using the US card or in any restuarants in the US.

Ontario Cruiser

Even though you have checked bill in US$, towards the end of your cruise go to the service desk and make sure.

We have checked this off many times and for some reason when we are on the ship they didn't get the message.

They will double check on board, but don't wait until the last night, as they say they can't change it then.

Archived